• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

codex-alimentarius

bogdan_nad

Bluelighter
I recent discovered the codex-alimentarius project.

It is real that this project is a real threat for freedom of choosing what to eat? For those who chose alternative medicine and natural healing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course no one has heard of this - "Codex is the political equivalent of the current toxicology manuals because it endorses and promotes for international trade and consumption in the whole wide world everything from pesticides to irradiation, genetically-engineered foods and synthetic analogs for drugs and nutrients, in preference to bio-compatible natural substances." [source http://www.homoeopathyclassical.com/codex4.htm]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVHeHhiLfU
Talk from Ian Crane about Codex Alimentarius - if you care for your physical & mental health, and that of your friends and family - you have a responsibility to watch this and change your ways and share this here there & everywhere.

There is some more - Mods can you make this a sticky please - and change the title to read "please read urgently" or sumat like that - I know most people who are in healthy living are very health conscious anyways and watch what they eat and take into own bodies BUT best to be on the safe side - :)

Last edited:
I recent discovered the codex-alimentarius
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5800206429960925518#docid=-5266884912495233634 project.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5800206429960925518#
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5800206429960925518#docid=-5266884912495233634

It is real that this project is a real treat for freedom of choosing what to eat? For those who chose alternative medicine and natural healing?
Lol I think the OP means "threat" :!

In your opinion. I don't think it warrants a sticky. If you have anything further to add, please PM me about it and we can discuss it further. :)

Thanks for your assumptions, but as I have PM'd you - I did watch.

I still believe this is something people can form their own opinions on.

For the sake of balance, I have looked into both sides of this argument and will quote several passages from this site that speaks from another viewpoint;
If you already have a well balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, you most likely won't need anything else. This is contrary to what some alternative health gurus believe. They claim that taking their supplements and vitamins at high doses will prevent virtually all diseases and some even claim their products cure cancer. Until there are quality studies done to demonstrate these claims, they will remain unconvincing to the majority of food scientists. At the moment, the majority of their evidence consists of customer reviews and inconclusive small scale studies.

In conclusion, the Codex scare is being promoted by Alternative medicine practitioners and organic food promoters for financial and emotional reasons. Their products are beginning to be regulated and studied in a scientific manner, opposed to their preferred choice of anecdotes from customers and magical thinking. In defense they resort to conspiracy mongering, misinformation and flat out lies. The central claims about Codex lack any basis in reality. When asked repeatedly via email by a blogger known as the Mad Scientist, the proponents of this conspiracy theory fail to show their sources[14]. And last of all, these "dreaded" Codex regulations were never even adopted by the United States.

Please feel free to adopt your own views on this. Bluelight is a-political and will not get involved in promoting any kind of propaganda. :)

Thanks for your assumptions, but as I have PM'd you - I did watch.

I still believe this is something people can form their own opinions on.

For the sake of balance, I have looked into both sides of this argument and will quote several passages from this site that speaks from another viewpoint;

Please feel free to adopt your own views on this. Bluelight is a-political and will not get involved in promoting any kind of propaganda. :)

I am a-political too - I never asked Bluelight to get involved in spreading propaganda - I asked for something to be stickied due to it being a very important issue that I believe people should take note of.

People can make their own opinions about ANYTHING - I never said they couldn't.

Fair enough you watched - who cares if EVERYTHING he said isn't the truth, and that he's a hypocrite for being fat and talking about being healthy - the real issue is control where it has never been needed, and repression - and therefore the fundamental message is pure.
In conclusion, the Codex scare is being promoted by Alternative medicine practitioners and organic food promoters for financial and emotional reasons. Their products are beginning to be regulated and studied in a scientific manner, opposed to their preferred choice of anecdotes from customers and magical thinking. In defense they resort to conspiracy mongering, misinformation and flat out lies. The central claims about Codex lack any basis in reality. When asked repeatedly via email by a blogger known as the Mad Scientist, the proponents of this conspiracy theory fail to show their sources[14]. And last of all, these "dreaded" Codex regulations were never even adopted by the United States.
- For financial and emotional reasons? well of course there are going to be charlatans in any industry or part of life that you can find, but most herbalists and organic food growers I am sure are not rubbing their hands together trying to big ass profits and generally rip you off. They want affordable HEALTHY food and medicinal herbs for all and sundry, and making people who work off the land and have had that knowledge passed down for hundreds even THOUSANDS of years jump through hoops to prove the efficacy of these herbs is a political move to wipe them out, or just do what they;ve been doing for years - using these herbs to create patented moneymaking products with awful side effects. Pure and simple.

Just because you found something which shows us some charlatans does not mean anything frankly. It's just flat out offensive. It's good to question well, pretty much everything, and these "alternative health gurus" as you call them(well, quoted that particular segment) - most of what they preach is not alternative - contemporary medicine is the alternative, and they call the TRADITIONAL medics and healers quacks to simply change people's opinion, get away from nature as it was intended for us, and sell their own altered, adulterated, nutrient deficient, terminator cropping products.

Something that comes straight from good soil, with no adulterant additives IS better than anything else for you, that's why it came straight from the ground for us, at the right season, at the right time, and in the right climates - it's a gift from the earth.

Fuck food "scientists" - as we all know science is as corrupt as anything else - again mad charlatans and politics there - big companies pay studies to be undertaken, faked, and others hushed up so they never see the light of day or flat out discredited.

Last edited:
I agree mate, questioning and being skeptical is great. I encourage spirited discussion and debate. :)

I'm glad you're voicing your opinions on this and people can get an introduction to this and other world issues via the site.