• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Out of these drugs,what do you think caused my panic attack?

Ellis D

Greenlighter
Hello everyone

About a month ago i had a panic attack which was very unpleasent to say the least... then after that i had about 2 weeks of slowly declining paranoia. My perception has change now and i feel like being spaced out is a little more dark than it used to be.

I've had a fair few drug experiences and I would like to know your opinion on what drug caused my panic attack, or could it be that i've just done too many drugs in general when i've been having warning signs like hppd and being really spaced out for a year

I've had around 1o psychedelic k holes, 3 acid trips, mdma around 10 times, magic mushrooms 4 times and mephedrone approx 15 times. also i've done poppers, 2cb, nitrous oxide, cocaine, methylone and few others a couple of times over the last 2 years but i don't think they have much to do with my panic attack.

I had had mephedrone 750mg and methylone 350mg about 30 days before the panic attack and then another g of meph about 12 days before the panic attack; also i had quite of alot of hash and alocohol around this time but this is not an unusual amount of alocohol or weed for me, infact this is not an unusual amount of mephedrone for me, i've done 1.5g's in one night in the past with no noticable after affects.

But seeing as i took mephedrone relatively close to my panic attack and many people have had negative mental affects from it, is the main culprit for my panic attack or do you think that i've just pushed things too far too quickly for my brain?

Thank you!

I've had more paranoia from cannabis, especially from eating it, than from anything else (oddly enough).

It's just strange though because i've smoked cannabis for years with no paranoia or anything

it probably was due to the combination of hash and your serotonin levels being lower from the 4-mmc use. i used to get this when i rolled a lot and would smoke a ton the next days.

I've had more paranoia from cannabis, especially from eating it, than from anything else (oddly enough).

Me too, I won't touch pot with a ten foot pole now; panic/anxiety/paranoia central! I only get that from stimulants like speed/meph etc if I've been awake for a couple of days but it only takes a cone or two for me to wig out :(

Hah, I'm gonna go with the hash as well. Mostly because hash gave me my FIRST panic attack! not the first time i smoked it either. i had been smokin it for awhile, then this one day just outta nowhere, BAM.

but truthfully, anything could really give you a panic attack.

The only one out of all those that gives me paranoia is weed an hash and skunk

But man it's soooo good lol

It could have been anything as panic attacks come out of nowhere.

Pot can cause panic attacks for many people which is why they stop smoking it or just do it with friends at home.

I've had some what i believe to be panic attack and even worse, did you do a lot of nitrous? When I had to be hospitalized (wasn't on drugs that day) I was doing nitrous and some ketamine and smoking weed the couple days/weeks prior. Habitual nitrous and weed don't mix well for me. I tried smoking weed after 4 consecutive days of nitrous and I felt Super paranoid and could barely talk for about 2 hours, ketamine has brought on some kind of paranoia and panicky situations as well for a couple days after use.

I can't speak on the mephedrone, having never done it.

Jesus Christ, it could have been anyone of those, or combination, that triggered a panic attack. The brain is a very delicate, complex organ. All it takes is the right combo, both internal and external experiences, and bam! Panic attack....

Thank you all for your messages! very helpful.

Right now i'm just sticking to the beers, then slowly i will start smoking bud again. I think it was a combination of getting wasted that caused it, but especially mephedrone for some reason...

In the future i think i will just stick to the empathogens and entheogens.

But Still feel free to keep you opinions coming lol, the more the better

Last edited:
i'd say hash and possibly some rebound anxiety from alcohol (if you are a pretty regular drinker.)

weed is the only drug that makes me anxious or paranoid a vast majority of the time i use it. and any type of alcohol habit, even a 40 a day makes anxiety worse (other than while drinking.)

mephedrone is a stimulant, so maybe even though its left your system you might have had a scare or something thats still with you? What have you been using the days leading up to it closer to the time of the attack? Hash/pot consumption could also be the culprit. It could also be completely unrelated to drugs, you might just be stressed and not even recognize it.