• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Amphetamines help skin?

Lennonforever40

Greenlighter
I take about 80mg of dextroamphetamine maybe twice a month and i also suffer from chronic dry skin, especially during winter. What I've noticed is after I binge on amp and then take some benzos to sleep the next day my skin is almost sikly smooth. I'm wondering if anyone has an explanation because I've always heard amphetamine is horrible for your skin. It's getting to the point where I time my binges during periods when my skin is really dry.

That reaction must be coincidence, because one of the common side effects of chronic amphetamine use is drying of the skin. It would help if you were prone to acne, or had excess oil production, but it would actually exacerbate dry skin. Perhaps it is coincidence?

Prolly the sweat :p

nah joking . I find this the same as well . My skin is smotther and less bumps and uglyness

Perhaps it is the benzos or amphetamine and benzos have some strange synergy that effects the skin.

it might make your skin "softer" temporarily but in the long term, it will dry you out. Amphetamines constrict your peripheral blood vessels and your skin doesn't get the normal amount of moisture.