• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Panic attack?

Lord

Bluelighter
Crap, I fell asleep, woke up feeling spaced out. My heart is beating pretty fast and bouncily and things look foreign. Is this a panic attack? If not, what is it? It's somewhat like being excited but in a very negative way. I can't concentrate... my heart seems to beat in an interesting but worrying pattern. Seems very much pre-set and constant.

Last edited:
lurn2bluelight. You'll get no help in the lounge.

Also, it's aliens. They're trying to communicate with you through the rectal implant they left in you last night.

lurn2bluelight. You'll get no help in the lounge.

Also, it's aliens. They're trying to communicate with you through the rectal implant they left in you last night.

I can't learn much when I feel this way. My concentration is shot.
And tell those aliens to go away.

The aliens don't understand English, I'm afraid.

In all seriousness though, take it to Healthy Living :)

Regardless of where this post is supposed to be-maybe the dark side?, panic attacks suck. I had one last night but induced by OC. They're horrible. I hope you are feeling better. I, for one, am thankful to wake up at all. It's funny how the fear is so real . I SWORE I was going to die.

Peace.

The aliens don't understand English, I'm afraid.

In all seriousness though, take it to Healthy Living :)

Should I restart the thread over there? I don't suppose I can move this one.
I now seem to have an irrational fear of falling asleep and waking up as a different person (this may subside later).

PM a mod and ask for it to be moved, it'll most likely be either closed or left for lounge-rape otherwise.

Lord. It sounds more like an anxiety attack. If you were having a 'panic' attack, you'd be on your way to the local hospital out of fear of dying (in most cases).

I used to think that anxiety and panic were the same, but recently read about the difference. Panic is exactly what the word says. Anxiety if more like what you are describing. However, this is just MY hypothesis. Do you have any benzos laying around? Or maybe even neurontin?

Lord. It sounds more like an anxiety attack. If you were having a 'panic' attack, you'd be on your way to the local hospital out of fear of dying (in most cases).

I used to think that anxiety and panic were the same, but recently read about the difference. Panic is exactly what the word says. Anxiety if more like what you are describing. However, this is just MY hypothesis. Do you have any benzos laying around? Or maybe even neurontin?

I have zopiclone, which is similar to benzos. I took half of one. I'm not sure if it worked though, the attack wore off too soon.
I'm very happy that it did though, I felt like I was forgetting about reality and was going to end up with a serious illness that ruined my life. But it's over now.
Anxiety was never a problem before weed. I got these attacks with weed maybe one in a hundred times. I've also had them on DXM two of the four times that I've done it.

Imagine living with anxiety from the time you wake up, until you fall asleep. That is how my life was, until I was put on an SSRI (well...it helps me, may not help others though). And I take benzos on top of that. It's just what I've gotta do. Counseling never worked for me.

dont forget the 7:11 breathing if your freaking out on (panic / anxiety) attacks, will give you somin to think about,
but if your unlucky and have taken somin which has induced it - mine normally last about 2-3 hours of hell. :)
just remember you want the thinking part of the brain to be working when this happens and not the emotinal part, wealth of information at your fingertips my dear friend,
good luck :)

I take 4-6 tablets of Zopiclone a day to prevent panic attacks (7.5mg) and drink most evenings then take one 20 mins before bed.

Any advice or possible longterm damage this may cause or what else should i be taking instead of zopiclone to prevent the panic attack when i feel one coming on.

Member RO4EVA I would love it if you can advise as your a success story and had same prob as me.

All help and advice welcome.

Much love

xxxx

I've only had one once and believe me you'll know when/if ever you have one.

Symptoms can range from difficulty breathing, terrible fear of dying, feeling like you're going to die, etc.