Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenazepam - New Experience - Phenazepam And Me

no eff eks

Greenlighter
As a long term drug abuser this cheap, legal, fairly easy to obtain, and relatively strong benzo (phenazepam) sounded like a dream drug. I'm not a complete idiot these days though, so I looked around at various trip reports and what the prospective downside of the drug might be.

In these reports I found when I (as a long time benzo user) expected - total blackouts, amnesia, crazy behaviors, etc - all typical of an extreme benzodiazepine overdose. I was concerned about this only because phenazepam is active at such low doses (recommend is like 0.5mg, recreational is more like 2-10 depending on tolerance).

You get this stuff pure - a careless (see benzo-induced haze) individual could easily mistake 20mg for 5mg even if they were actually trying to dose carefully. A digi accurate down to 0.01mg is needed for this drug to be used safely imo -- unfortunately I don't have one, couldn't find one in time, and eyeballec my doses for this trip report.

This potential danger seemed to only make me want to purchase some phenazepam more, so I went ahead and got a 200mg sample order from an online vendor. Things went find and 2 weeks later I had the drug in my hand. 200mg is a TINY amount of material (I expected this), but this only made me more nervous about eyeballing it. So it begins...

To start, I emptied all 200mg onto a clean sheet of paper. I divided it in half, then again, then again, then again. I now have a pile of pure phenazepam that I'm guessing was between 4mg and 20mg (most likely in the middle somewhere). I then took a straightened paper clip that had has marks all along it. I wet one end with my tongue, and rolled it in phenazepam. It didn't stick to the paper clip very well, but that's not a big deal. I licked off about 1/4 inch off the paper clip four times and waited to see if this would do anything. From what I could tell the pile was the exact same size.

Within 20 minutes I could feel that I was under the influence of a benzo. It was not very strong though (much like 10mg valium), but I waited another 35 muntues before redosing about twice as much as before.

After that the next few days are a haze I can not remember much of all. I knocked my awesome fax/scanner/copier/printer off my TV and broke it... I dropped my laptop and broke that as well. Those are just bits of memory though. It was your typical benzo black-out. If you've done this before you know what I mean. It's not worth it to find out what it's like if you don't know, so don't go off and OD on my account.

Other than that is was your usual benzo-induced state of semi-consciousness where you know you're fucked up but don't really feel impaired. I was not impress with phenazepam in that regard. The amnesia is as bad or worse than other more common benzos, and they last for fucking ever. I honestly don't know how long this trip lasted. It didn't help that on the same day I ran out of phenazepam I found a bunch of Zoleplon (sleeping pills, non-bezo, but very similar mechanism of action). On the subject of the Zoleplon - I emptied out at least 10 of her caps and insufflated them. The effects were similar to benzos, and a lot more pleasant than other z-drugs (the class zoliplon belongs to) I have tried.

Back to phenazepam. The 200mg lasted at least 4 days, and I was dosing constantly, with little sleep. I didn't do much (NO DRIVING), but lay around and entertain myself in various ways. The high was nice, but not even close to as good as that of xanax.

At some point I injured a nerve in my left arm which is a real bummer. I've lost most feeling in my left ring finger (mostly on the parts close to the left pinky). My left hand's pinky is almost totally numb. It constantly feels numb, yet throbs with pain. It's like the feeling you get after smashing a finger with a hammer. So much pain, that it's just a kinda tingly numb.... well that's my left pinky for now. Every now and then if I move my left arm the wrong way it feels like I've hit my "funny bone" and the neurons in my arm light up with pain. Oh lovely.

This is sadly similar to something that happened to me during another benzo-induced haze (klonopin that time), and I have faith that with time this will go away. In fact, this is much less of an injury as my last neuropathic damage caused by drug use.

The good side of phenazepam:
-cheap
-strong
-legal
-functional - I was able to job search online reasonably well during all this
-slightly euphoric
-very effective for anxiety

The downside
-very amnesiac
-STRONG
-very long lasting
-moreish (combined with amnesia this is a huge negative)

If you like benzos and know your shit.... have at it. It's not that great. I like drugs, and don't see myself ordering more of this any time in the near future (if ever). This is not a drug for somebody that doesn't know what they're doing. You could EASILY kill yourself on this drug. So I say newbies -- stay the fuck away -- it's not some cool drug that's being kept secret, it's a dangerous, powerful, long acting benzo that can mean some serious changes in your life before you know it.

Hope this all makes sense. I'll be happy to expand on the parts missing, but as I said -- I don't remember much, and didn't do much -- basically sat around doing phenazepam for a few days randomly doing something extremely destructive.

Random thoughts and notes:
-I give it a C- as a drug.
-I divided up the larger quantities to reduce the chance of catastrophic overdose. I limited myself to 50mg/day (and that is A LOT), and locked away the rest).
-Get fucking scale.
-I really wish I knew what I did that fucked up my arm so bad, but my pinky is just killing me (and has been for a week!).
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS DRUG, it is the real deal and is much longer lasting than the benzos people are used to.
-I actually think my starter dose was perfect, but there are too many variables to give precise directions.
-Just dose carefully and slowly. Luckily this benzo does kick in quick, so you wont OD because you waited 30 minutes and weren't feeling anything.

substancecode_phenazepam
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_pharms

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another report of phenazepam induced amnesia to add to the collection

Im glad your safe now though

And welcome to BlueLight friend :)

Thanks for sharing, man. :)
My pleasure. There's already plenty of info out there on phenazepam if you know where to look, but I figured another TR from an experienced benzo abuser couldn't hurt.

Overall my impression of this substance is that it's a lot more dangerous than other benzos if used recreationally, but therapeutically it could be a god-send for those with anxiety issues. Just make sure you're dosing responsibly, preferably under a doctor's supervision.

I'll be submitting this TR to erowid as well, since there is a severe lack of info about phenazepam on that site, and that's the first place I usually look for a decent TR.

I have another phenazepam amnesia story. I got some one day, and took tiny amounts, maybe .5-1mg at a time several times throughout a day or two and everything was fine. Then one night before bed, I decided I'd take a larger dose to try for some euphoria or deep sedation. Three days later I come to find out I've dropped out of college and I'm kinda left going "what the fuck?!" Apparently I spent about a week crying and fighting with everyone, generally being an ass, and withdrew from school. And I don't recall doing any of this dumb ass shit. Seriously be careful with this one, guys. The dosage curve is steep with phenazepam, 1mg could be the difference between a nice, relaxing evening and a week-long crime spree of terrible deeds. You might think it can't happen to you, but it can.

Anywho, I find phenazepam to be a pretty damn good benzo. I'd say maybe 25% stronger than alprazolam and very similar in many ways, except longer lasting. I'd like it a lot more if it had less effect on the memory. The sedation, relaxation, and removal of anxiety is insane. The possibility of losing a week of my life and/or seriously fucking up my relationships even more insane, so to all those who venture down this path, I say TREAD CAREFULLY. Get a MG scale, or at the very least know your shit, be careful, start small, and don't chronically redose. I can still feel this stuff two days after taking it usually. It keeps my anxiety totally at bay, and for that, it is a wonder drug.

Reports like these are so funny but at the same time are serious as phen. is pretty strong. For me though benzos all seem to work differently than most others including phen. Xanax will almost always cause me to completely black out and do the whole crazy shit you'd never normally do sober thing while others like valium and phen usually leave me a lot more functioning. I've taken varying doses of around 5 major benzos and 3 will fuck me up bad and cause black outs. The weird thing was I expected phen to really cause me to black out but for some reason it only did once when I purposefully took a large dose. Even then though I never totally blacked out and I can remember most of the retarded list of things that happened(I broke two coffee tables in one week!). For most people though phen will be a trip through hell which will last a full on week if you dose high enough. One thing you must RESIST with phen if you ever plan on doing is the urge to redose because this is where you will surely fail and black out for a long period of time.

thanks for sharing. Editing your title to fit guidelines. This is one benzo I havent experimented with yet.

i got a gram of phenazepam some time near 6 weeks ago... i awoke about 3 weeks later, - the gram of phenaz, with a dent in my rear bumper and a smashed tail light. in hospital, overdosing on heroin some how, short $15,000 in cash and kicked out of home.

interesting experience, just wish i knew what happened in the time i was 'gone'

These reports are all the same:) I'm surprised all that xanax powder making the rounds recently didn't cause the same effects. I guess being gone for several days enables one to accomplish more cumulative damage their life.

Nice report:)

Jesus christ I can't believe the potential that phenazepam has to truly fuck your shit up!! I can't help but giggle a little bit at some of these stories but god damn that's some serious shit! Sounds like it's almost impossible to use it safely (or responsibly).

Interesting, I actually kind want to try it. Not to get fucked up though, sounds awesome if you have anxiety though. However, I do have a tendency to go on binges with benzos which would be a bad idea with this one.

The story about the binge and dropping college sounds horrible. I would hate to wake up and be like "WTF?"

EDIT: Another wild trip report about Phenazepam:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=360165

Last edited:
Having done (although "doing phenaz" is synonymous with "fucking up on phenaz") my only advice is to not do it. It's in no way fun, useful, recreational, sensible or anything else even mildly positive.

Well the fact is its just a benzo, albeit a very potent one. All of these disaster stories are the result of careless and sloppy measurements. I have no doubt that if you, or anyone else were given pure alprazolam powder, you would be experiencing the same negative results.

Its unfair and ridiculous for people to blame the drug when they are dipping their finger in the bag and licking whatever happens to stick to their finger. That is not the way to measure a drug that is active in the 1mg range.

If someone is responsible and creates a proper solution of this stuff using a suitable solvent such as propylene glycol, there would not be all of these horror stories floating around about this stuff.-DG

You don't even need a scale.

For 1000mgs dissolve it in 1000ml of Everclear. 1mg/ml solution.
Then you can dose fairly safely from there.

Just mix in an equal ration with alcohol, and this should greatly reduce the chance of completely CLOWNING YOURSELF.

You don't even need a scale.

For 1000mgs dissolve it in 1000ml of Everclear. 1mg/ml solution.
Then you can dose fairly safely from there.

Just mix in an equal ration with alcohol, and this should greatly reduce the chance of completely CLOWNING YOURSELF.

While this is correct in theory, you still need a scale to confirm that your starting material is 1000mgs. You can't just trust that the vendor gave you exactly 1000mgs when you order a gram.

But overall you are correct. Just dissolve a known quantity of the phenaz in a suitable solvent like propylene glycol or everclear.-DG

My mistake. Those assholes do do that sometime, if it is extra, YA ME, if not. I would promptly call for my 5-10mgs missing. LOL

I don't understand these crazy ass stories because why take it if you don't have a milli scale?. I take about .5mg's of xanax to be sleepy and sloppy, but I only take benzo's when I need to comedown off a stim. Phenazepam is just like any other benzo....barely any euphoria, useful to kill anxiety or get to sleep...but if you are someone who is going to use this one without a scale(which is stupid as shit) take the smallest amount your eyes and see and divide it in 4 parts...makes no sense but thats what you are trying to do when you eyeball it. Anything over 2mg's with this one make me sleep for over 20 hours...not good when you were supposed to be at work :).

Why does anyone take anything potent without a milligram scale? The answer: laziness and/or negligence. Unfortunately, it's a big problem. I'm just glad when discussion here results in one more person realizing the necessity of milligram scales when working with potent pure chemicals, and then actually following through and getting one.

If you can afford drugs, you can afford a milligram scale. I just bought a new one to replace my old one that recently broke for $35... it works perfectly well and was discounted from $85 on amazon.com.