• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Wii fit discussion

kultron

Bluelighter
Hey errbody, I just got Wii fit the other week, and I think it is great! One of the most fun games I've tried in a while. It's probably the easiest way to get in shape. I've had bad posture my whole life and my parents never helped me keep in shape throughout my life and now this is the perfect guide. Don't have to worry about whether the form I'm using is correct, all I have to do is watch and learn. I can now put my head to my knees, something I haven't been able to do in like 10 years since I was 11. Not to mention the fun games they have. I think Wii Fit is one of the most revolutionary games I have played.

Does anyone else have it? What are your thoughts? I try and bank 30 min everyday though this doesn't always happen. I'm about 9 days in.

I love my Wii Fit! I only recently bought it... have used it a bit but we had to clear out the room around Christmas/New Year so I haven't brought it back into the room yet.

I really like the balance games and the step and rhythmic boxing... I'm yet to give Yoga a good shot but it's one of the things I'm really looking forward to mastering!

The Super Hula Hoop game is a challenge! Think about this: when you use a hula hoop - you tend to swing your hips in one direction, either clockwise or counter-clockwise - and you probably always use this same direction, right? Now... imagine trying to do the hula hoop in the opposite direction to what you naturally do...! Good for a bit of a laugh too :)

Because you can track your progress with their charts etc, it keeps you motivated and adds another element of fun into it all! I think it's great how it can check your centre of gravity and then give you exercises to help improve your balance etc... something I really need to work on... my posture is so bad and I know I put more weight on one side of my body rather than distribute it evenly...

Time to set it up again I think! :)

Last edited:
Some of the other people in my family got Wii Fit for Christmas. It's a fairly interesting game and the balance board does make for an unique exercising / gaming experience. That said, I've never been one that could maintain too much of an interest in video games in general. More or less, I suppose I would rather just go for a nice walk.

I have Wii Fit too - only reason I got the Wii was for that game.

The yoga is good as you have to focus on your centre of gravity - which is monitored by the balance board. Whilst it would be better to have a yogi with you instead monitoring your poses, this doesn't do too badly.
The muscle stuff is also appropriate.....and I too am a personal fan of the rhythm boxing.
The balance exercises are good for the older folk, and with an increasing aging population Nintendo have done a great job to market this to the middle aged and above.

It's not the best for cardio, but if it gets you moving it is a start.