• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

News from recent ER visit

arrix_is_alive

Greenlighter
I just wanted to share my experience with the folks on bluelight reasearching harm reduction. SWIM took two Transformer xo's yesterday, then took his 3rd and final one today around 4. Made a massive xo and a massive white pickup, so as to stock up and not need to make any calls or runs for awhile. So i took the x at 4, did a fairly small line of blow at 7:30, went out, did two small keybumps through out the night, went home, did another two thin lines..... and man, that whole "panic attack" feeling set in. Had to keep my hand on my heart at all times to make sure it was ok, chest tightness, worries, we've all been there. But something was different about this..... more intense, harder to breathe fully, much more chest pressure, and once I felt irregular heartbeats, I got my ass to the ER. They hooked me up to all the vitals machines, then put me on the EKG table. Doc said my hb was "fast" but not "dangerously fast". I told them about all the drugs id taken in the last few days, i was pretty precise. They brought me to a room, laid me down, put a heart mon on my chest and an oxygen thing on my finger, then shot me up with ativan. The ativan helped a bit, but the chest tightness was still there. They gave me a bit more, and I suddenly felt ok after a few more minutes! The doc said it was probably me overreacting to some normal effects of cocaine coupled with a panic attack. What he said next I wasnt too sure about: "If that kind thing happens to you when you do coke, you shouldnt do coke anymore." I mean, I understand if the SEVERE shit keeps happeng.... but the typical chet tighten and pressure, shallow breath, all the negative effects of the drug wel all love, happens to everyone. I say we just always need to have a goof benzo handy (id say ativan) to counteract it all. Im gonna get some tomorrow.

why not just stay away from everything? and that kind of stuff doesn't happen to everyone.

Nah, stuff like that happens to me too, not saying that it's good 'cause it's not, i just use different substances. Keep some benzo's around and don't mix uppers...this shit is serious, you're fucking around with your life. Think of what your parents would've had to go through if you stroked out and died. If you're not going to quit, at least cut back. Being sober is ok sometimes..:\

you mean dont mix the xo's and coke? Yeah, I was thinking that played into it. I mean, I do believe I have some Anxiety Disorder as it runs in my family, but the combo of the two probably made it manifest itself in that way. My logic at the time had been "well i took the xo at 3:45, it's now 7:30 and i'm in the comedown state.... i should be fine" Lesson learned.

austin ER doctors are great. glad you learned from your experience for a relatively low cost.

you mean dont mix the xo's and coke? Yeah, I was thinking that played into it. I mean, I do believe I have some Anxiety Disorder as it runs in my family, but the combo of the two probably made it manifest itself in that way. My logic at the time had been "well i took the xo at 3:45, it's now 7:30 and i'm in the comedown state.... i should be fine" Lesson learned.

coke is an amazing drug once in a while. which city u in?