• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Big Love

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
S4 Premieres tonight. tomorrow. Who will be watching it? I think it's great, a real gripping odd-ball drama, I watch it with my mum (lol), just finished S3 yesterday, finished the whole season in two sessions, was rapt to find we'd timed it perfectly to catch up just as the American season began. Have developed a somewhat odd fascination with Mormons, as good as HBO get imo.

Thoughts?

I'd an avid watcher-- but I suspect that season 4 is where this show will reveal itself to be all characters and no great plot.

^^^ I was thinking the same thing. The end of season 3 started to lag a bit in substance compared to season 2. I just hope it doesn't go out like Californication...i.e. start to suck balls.

^^ No spoilers, I don't have the d/l limit to keep up with American broadcast just yet, just waiting to upgrade my plan with a new ISP ;)

NSFW:
The first episode was so-so; with Roman gone, I feel this will be a mediocre season (cp Season 2). The Alby subplot will be the thing to watch, though, since this particular point has been building for a while now. :)

Last edited:
^
Sorry, man. Done.

As soon as my download limit for the month clicks over (10 days) or I find an ISP that will give me adsl2 to this property, then I'll be right up to speed and you can spoil to the hearts content ;)

OK, just watched the first episode - weak characters, they've almost become caricatures of themselves, poor scripting, completely unbelievable - somebody puhleeeease tell me it gets better over the next few episodes :(

Not by much. And, am I the only one who doesn't like that new friggin' intro?

NSFW:
The last episode wasn't bad, though it was largely Sissy Spacek keeping it afloat. So far, haven't changed my opinion that the Alby subplot is the best thing going this season; the rest is forgettable. Now, the Margie situation...we shall see.

^^ It is a relief not to hear the effing Beach Boys though.

So what's happened, have they got new writers or something? How could it have gone so badly downhill?

Chloe Sevigny is fuckin hot .
sm4vw5.jpg

That's a hell of a spoiler! :D

EDIT: oh, shit, i didn't even recognise her in that shot, thought she must be a n00b in episode 7

Not by much. And, am I the only one who doesn't like that new friggin' intro?
Nope, Not a fan.
I love her. She is so fucking adorable.

Also, watching Chloe Sevigny play mormon fundamentalist Nicolette Grant gets me so hot...because it's so opposite from who she really is and she does it well.

chloe_l.jpg

Chloe Sevigny is fuckin hot .
sm4vw5.jpg

lol tell us how ya really feel. ;)

I got into this late by renting them on netflix. Very glad I did. I love this show. I saw a few mentions of 6 Ft. Under in the BL threads. You guys think I should start that one next?

^
I've never watched all of Six Feet Under, but what I did see was amazing; IMO, it's just one step below The Sopranos.

Last season rant, spoilers:
NSFW:
I was really disappointed with this season. Only the Alby subplot was interesting, and it was cut short too soon. Not to mention that Bill managed to become a complete and total prick by the finale. Perhaps that was the point--that Marilyn was a vision of his future as the same kind of acquisitive cutthroat politician he so ironically derided--but with precious else to hang the season on (No Roman, no Rhonda, no rebellious Sarah, far too little of Tommy (Adam Beach)), it fell flat. Not to mention that the season was damned short.