• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Pawn Stars

MistaJeff

Bluelighter
Long before banks, ATMS and check-cashing services, there were pawn shops. Pawning was the leading form of consumer credit in the United States until the 1950s, and pawn shops are still helping everyday people make ends meet. PAWN STARS takes you inside the colorful world of the pawn business. At the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop on the outskirts of Las Vegas, three generations of the Harrison family--grandfather Richard, son Rick and grandson Corey--jointly run the family business, and there's clashing and camaraderie every step of the way. The three men use their sharp eyes and skills to assess the value of items from the commonplace to the truly historic, including a 16th-century samurai sword, a Super Bowl ring, a Picasso painting and a 17th-century stay of execution. It's up to them to determine what's real and what's fake, as they reveal the often surprising answer to the questions on everyone's mind, "What's the story behind it"? and "What's it worth?"

I'm so glad this show just started season two, it's my new favorite show. I hate reality shows, I mean really hate them. I do however love the History channel. I'm hooked, I just can't stop watching this show. I have my DVR set to record it every time it's on TV so I watch every new episode as soon as I can. It's just people buying shit, it shouldn't be interesting at all; but it's the most entertaining thing I've ever seen in my life. This show beats the shit out of Jersey Shore.

Last edited:
Yea I agree im still noit sure why this show is awsomne but it is. I have seen all of season 1 and a few from season 2 this show kicks ass

I've seen every episode of Pawn Stars. Its really interesting to see all of the extremely rare things that go through the shop. The other night a few buttons that were worn by George Washington were sold for several thousand dollars. During the same episode a bottle of 1933 medicinal whiskey was sold for a few hundred.

Plus, Chumlee makes me feel really useful. :)

2 1/2 thumbs up

It's scripted, but the history behind the items is interesting and the characters are entertaining.

It's ok. I prefer the American Pickers over the Pawn Stars. And no, not just because the American Pickers are from small town Iowa.

Both of those shows are really great! Pawn Stars is pretty funny sometimes and it's interesting and informative seeing the various items that they have.

I haven't been watching much of the second season, the first one wasn't as scripted. I still like Chum Lee though.

about the only show i watch anymore , i don't like those" american pickers " at all .

That one 'American Picker' guy (you'll know which I mean) is a douchey queer (know which one I mean now?). I was about to question how his partner (life partner?) can tolerate him, but I realize he's pretty awful too so its a wash. Do they really have to do a jumping high five to celebrate buying an old dog bowl for $30?

As for the guy in post 2 or 3 or wherever who said he didnt know why Pawn Stars was awesome, the answer is Rick laughing at the end of every sentence. Subliminal laughter keeps us dialed in.

I'm a fan of the show. It's like Antiques Road Show with much more interesting characters and clients.

american pickers : danielle is hot, too.

pawn stars : shit is hella funny, i wish they had more footage of the nightshift when all the las vegas crack hoes were coming through with rolex's and what not

Ehh Harcore Pawn seems like the "reality" brand's answer to Pawn Stars.

Pawn Stars; Chumley vs Big haus: Whos the first to be in a rascal?

Is it me or do they get fatter each season. Its pathetic though I find Chumley humerous.

Hahaha this show is a good watch! My dad got to shake chumlee's hand xD and I happen to be wearing a pawn stars shirt atm xD

I like the way they negotiate when bidding. He lowballs it to the point of no return. What we see is the easy part of the job, where people are coming to you asking for money - and all you have to say is either "no" or "for next to nothing." The hard part of the job, which they don't show, is the sales. Sure, there is someone out there who is going to buy everything, but imagine having to actually find that person while running a business full of other odd items all over the place.