Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Conversations

De Spook

Bluelighter
what do your conversations revolve around?
lately i have been disappointed with the conversations that i get when hanging around bluelighters.
the conversation is either 30 seconds long. ie. hi how are you? having a good night? what are you on?
and then they move on, feeling that they have to talk to everybody there.
the last question gets me to the other topic of conversation. drugs.
ok so bluelight is a drug message board. but does that mean that all you (generalisation) have to talk about is your last pill, trip etc?
perhaps my week is simply too full to "catch up" with people and form any worthwhile friendships, but i don't really get the urg when all i hear about from you is a 30 second grab, or drug this and drug that.
do you talk about other things with people or is your life drug and rave centred? do you talk about the weather? or some generic sporting team? or politics?
i guess i just get a little tired of wanting to talk to people and them simply saying hi and then pissing off.

why are most of us here???
We have common interests....... i guess being bluelight and all - our common intrests revolve around - drugs, music and raving.......
Some of us are good to great to even bestest friends and conversation topics more often than not exceed the 3 topics fore mentioned.......
Most of us here - dont know each other very well and when it comes to running into people from BL and "catching up" no doubt the conversation is hindered to very little - due to the fact not much is known about the other.........
How to over come this......... of course - by getting to know then better and chatting more - but in the environment most of us meet - is it really ideal to sit and chat and have a coffee and discuss worldy politics to beauty secrets?
I understand how annoying it can be....... but when stumped with what to say to a mere aquantaince you have met on a drug board....... well........ how about the price of eggs in china?
Im sorry if I have ever come across to you in that way DS - and maybe next time i see you ill sit down and have a get to know you chat........

i don't have a problem with what to say.
it seams that bluelighters tend to stop, say hi, then run on to someone else.
just a general rant. but i find it hard to get to know people when the only common interest is drugs, and i am not really interested in drugs.

My conversations revolve around whatever I want them to, from drugs, to music, to raves, to computers, to the internet and all things associated with it, to sex, to friends and all things associated with our lives, to anything else that might possibly come up... If I feel the desire to talk about something other than the topic which is most common to us all and therefore the easiest to talk about (ie drugs), then I'll change the subject...
I really don't care tho, drugs are of interest to me, so I'll talk about them...
It's been said many many times though, and it is frustrating when conversation goes no further than how fucked up someone is, and how its better than the last time, or not as good as some time in the past... But if they are fucked up at the time, what do you expect?
I'm disappointed I didn't get more time to talk to you at PVD, but at least our brief conversation was about anti-plur incidences befalling the two of us in recent times (about 20 mins before for me), rather than drugs ;)
I wouldn't be too concerned tho De Spook, if someone just says hi, talks for a few minutes about drugs, then leave, you prolly didn't want to talk to them anyway... ;)

i usually find myself in such an awkward position cos there are a lot of things i cant relate to with most Bl'ers i meet. as rushingrococco said... a lot of times, the environments we find ourselves in are not conducive to conversations neither.
usually the only middle ground i have with people while im out is music and ofcos that quickly becomes an old topic.
i usually say hi to ppl i know and sad to say, make myself scarce very quickly cos i find it too uncomfortable to hang around fumbling for a conversation topic.
and another point... at times, i dont see why i should force myself to talk, dont these things come naturally with the right people? the people i can talk to, usually the conversations come easily.
so when im out, my time is spread between dancing, making the awkward effort to say hi which always end up with me edging away, sitting alone and smiling to the music.
so im socially inept *shrug*
(i remember meeting despook for the first time at wetmusik and rushingrococco in nick's car outside melb park, but as much as i'd love to, i wouldnt have a clue how to start a conversation ;) )

hhhhhmmmm...most of the time people i see on a casual basis i don't what else to say.
im happy talking about most things but a lot of people find this openess a little uncomfortable so i've learnt i guess to sometimes be a little more restrained around people i don't know that well.

I think with bluelighters the common interest is drugs, so that's what the small talk is about - rather than talk about the weather, we talk about pills...
That said, I fucking hate small talk - that's why I don't usually talk much when I first meet people... give me time to figure out something worth talking about... :)
Pulp Fiction said it best: "Why do we have to yak about bullshit in order to feel comfortable? That's how you know you've found someone special - when you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share silence"...

it depends where u see other bluelighters as well.
if its at a club or whatever, its usually a crap place to realy talk anyway because its too loud.
if its a social gathering somewhere else, from a house to a park or whatnot its usually easier to talk because u dont have to keep yelling "what was that?" or trying to lip read.
for me bluelight is more of an internet thing anyway. i dont go out of my way and really associate with bluelight in the real world. most bluelighters ive met out lately have been by coincidence and yeah, the convos are usually short because i dont really know most bluelighters too well and therefore cant really find anything interesting to talk about right then and there. it would be silly to ask "so hows your mum" and so on ;)

Unfortunatley DeSpook. You are talking about a group of people who have come together for a common interest and it WILL be the topic of convo.
BUT...... if your asking me personally. I have taken the time to get to know these people away from the 'bluelight shadow' I try not to just have a quick chat with people and run off, but you have to admit DeSpook, when that happens are there shitloads of people around that we all know? I'd like to say hello to everyone first and then get down to the nitty gritty. But I honestly try my best to sit down and chat. But If I've got nothing to say then I wont stay for long :)
And I don't know, maybe the blulighters you hang with (if any at the moment) are MORE drug orientated than the ones I do, but drugs seem to be comming up less and less, IF at all. For example:
Went DVD shopping with Chemical_night and superbass and then went out for lunch in the city. Drugs not discussed there. Much ;)
Went to ruski's house with a few other BL's and watched ZOOLANDER *giggles.. good movie* Drugs not discussed there.
Went out with a rather big group not so long ago for greek food. We all got a little tipsy and ate too much. Drug's not discussed there....
See DeSpook. have actually made what I would call good friends from bluelight. the drug talk passes, the big conversations come later. Drug talk will ALWAYS be there from time to time due to the nature of our lives.
So don't worry about it dude. Change the topic, get people to talk about something else. Open their minds.......

I like to talk about boobies.
But seriously though I'm actually very shy and have trouble holding any converstaion on any topic for more than a few minutes before an uncomfortable silence occurs and I feel I have to piss off. I do know a lot of shit about a lot of stuff but its usually difficult for me to drag it out, unless of course its about politics then I'll go on for hours.

if this was a Star Wars message board you would find that the first time you met other Blueighters in real life you would talk about Star Wars...
It's only the 3rd or 4th time you meet someone and that's all there is to talk about, that you have to worry...

WHAT!!! this isn't a star wars message board?!!?!? what the fuck have i been posting about all this time then!??!?!?!
i hear ya despook...i am one of those people that really fuckin hat token conversations and prefer to blatantly get out of a situation then have to make small talk. some people when i meet em i can just talk to for ages, others i can't. if i'm in one of the situations where i'm happy to talk to a bl'er or anyone else i just met, and drugs come up, fuckit, its commong ground so why not talk about it. i wont partake in dick measuring or 'who got most fucked up' conversations tho.
i dunno...i'm almost with vurt, if its easy to talk to someone then i do, otherwise i just nick off.
oh and vurt music is never an old topic! ;) and i haven't spent any time talkin to ya about it lately dammit!
errrmmm...yeah...boo for token conversations...
:)

I like boobies too.. especially yours airwalk
So DeSpook. you dont like conversations about drugs?
Is this a conversation about drug conversations?
Would that in itself be a conversation about drugs?
*holds head*
Shit I confused myself.

I think alot of it comes with if you get along with the person. Some people seem to think cos we happen to visit the same message board that we're like this elite super fun happy crew that all get along.
Its just an avenue of introduction. Sure we share similar interests but you find after a bit of chatting with someone if you get along with them. If you find yourself REALLY having to force conversation, why bother. Its a bit o pointless chit chat and don't feel obliged to continue it.
It happens heaps at raves, you'll 'meet someone'
The old hey how u doin, what u on type of thing. Goes nowhere, u shake their hand and leave. But in a different setting at the same place, may strike up a conversation ABOUT something and talk for ages. Thats the thing, its not really about forcing yourself to get along, conversations normally just arise and carry themselves along.
But yeah i agree, some BL meetups i've been too are just "Hey, ohh you're (insert nick here), How are ya?" type of thingtthen you leave. Meh, it all depends...
Im rambling
Adikkal

Originally posted by randomblondeboy:
WHAT!!! this isn't a star wars message board?!!?!? what the fuck have i been posting about all this time then!??!?!?!

MOTHER FUCKER
I just laughed so hard meatball came out of my nose...
Me and bunny should get our schnozs together and make a meal...

I wish I was in Melbourne right now :(
I don't get to meet BLers so I don't know what the conversation would be like. The only time I met lots of BLers was when I was in the states and most of the time they wanted to talk about Australia than about drugs :)
But I do know what you're all talking about. And Pleo and jb and everyone else who said that we all small talk about drugs cause we met on an internet drug information message board were completely on the money.
When I meet new people who I know are into the substances, the first convo is normally about drugs, then about the music, then about the party we're at. There's heaps to small talk about!! If you're into small talk of course. (I'm normally in babble mode so I don't have a problem ;) ). The conversations normally only go further (work, partners, study etc etc) if I like the person and enjoy their company.
It's OK to only talk to someone for a short amount of time. But it's not OK when that person is looking around and obviously just wants to meet as many people as possible, but make no connection with any of them. That's when it's frustrating. And like tars said, it just means that you probably didn't want to talk to them in the first place.

komplex are you kristoff???
if so hi!!!
ok i have met some of you and 99% are fucken weird cunts......you are a growing breed which scares me but meh its way cool to take drugs at the moment
your all just sheep on the fucken bandwagon

whoops sorry off topic
tehehe im so dumb
my conversations are usually about music
just what the freshest tracks are etc :)

whoops sorry off topic
tehehe im so dumb
my conversations are usually about music
just what the freshest tracks are etc :)