• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Starting Again

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Right what do I need?

I weigh 166 pounds, I'm 24 years old and 5'11 maybe 6'.

I'm wanting to gain mass but lose belly fat!

I have one problem, extremely low appetite, over the course of today I've ate 5 mini Reeses Pieces, a Banana, an Oat bar and a mixed fruit bar. I've also had 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (This is what I'll be adding to my protein shakes, not water) 1 250ml bottle of 5% alcohol (Was a gift for working boxing day) and 1 litre of decaff coffee and 250ml non-decaff filter coffee and 250ml of tea. Also about 250ml of water, probably abit more.

So how do I increase my appetite, I used to use ginger it worked great but increases stomach acid which obviously is a problem for me as you'll read further down.

'Roids and Growth Hormone are out of the question since I'm just starting, again!:\

Med's I'm on:

20mg Cortisol daily 10mg morning, 5mg dinner time, 5mg around tea time.
I can change this though, should I exercise in the in evening when my cortisol will be lower?
25mg Methadone daily
20mg Temazepam Nightly (But I don't use'me really much, normally save up 3 and have'em them instead of alchol if I go out with my friends and they're drinking)
Gaviscon (It's an antacid)* Taken when needed for acid indigestion
Lanzoprozole (Ion Stomach Pump Inhibitor)* meant to take nightly but don't often enough
Ranitidine* these are great for stopping acid indigestion, but I recently found out they can stop you from getting a hardon. Ranitidine is a H2 (Histamine 2 receptor) blocker and I imagine (I haven't researched it) that the boner thing maybe to do with low nitric oxide?
So I barely take this unless really bad and won't be using it on my lifting days.
Hydroxyzine 25mg upto 4 a day, it's an anti-histamine to stop me itching.

Supplements:

A-Z Vitamin & Mineral
Fish Liver Oil twice Daily 1g (1 morning, 1 night)
GBL before bed (Last time, a few years back when I lifted I did notice an improvement with the G')
3x Vitamin C 100% + Zinc 100% (I'm gonna get some ZMA 800mg from myprotein.co.uk)

I'm gonna buy a high dose B Vitamin Complex to help my energy levels too.

Anything else that should be added?

I'm gonna buy some whey protein from www.myprotein.co.uk should I go for the Acid Whey Protein (http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/acid-whey-protein/) as they mention if you don't know much about Acid Whey, which I don't they reccomend the cheaper Impact Whey Protein - 82% Undenatured Protein (http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/impact-whey-protein/)

Or should I go for this Optimum Health Ultimate Whey Protein (http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=10920) it's cheap and contains added vit's and minerals

Do you think getting a protein powder with added vitamins and minerals would be better? If so, what do you reccomend?

Thx for the help!

I also have a bottle of nitroglycerine with 50-60 sublingual doses if that's any use. I know it turns into nitric acid in the blood stream, does anyone know if I should use it and if so how and when? Thank you!

* All of these are taken for indigestion which I get seriously bad sometimes cause of the Hydrocortisone (Cortisol)

Last edited:
There is a supplement called Black Hole, by Controlled labs. It's meant to open up your appetite. I do believe it works, some say it does, others say it doesn't. Give that a try and see if it helps open up your appetite. I'd also say give THC a try as that instantly opens up my appetite.

Whey is good stuff and a powerful BB supplement. Sometimes it can be hard to chuck down a thick chalk like shake for 25, 30, or 50gr of protein. There are other options to get that protein in you. There is a company called IDS and they make a spectacular supplement. In a 2.9 ounce serving, you get a concentrated dose of 42g of protein. One gulp, and you just packed on 42g of whey protein on you. The stuff is a little expensive, but great to have handy when traveling or going to and from the gym. Hopefully, that Black Hole supplement can open up your appetite.

/V

I think the reason you have such low appetite is the meds you're taking. Smoke some weed to eat better and don't excercise while on tems and methadone, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

What about excercises, I have access to 2 hand dumbbells that weigh 5Kg each and a chin up bar.

I can do push ups, sit ups and with the dumbbells I can do squats.

What else should/could I be doing to lose belly fat but gain mass?

Also it's 1g of protein per pound, not 1g of protein per kilo of weight, correct?

I need to eat around 170g a day of protein, not 95g?

Which Whey protein should I go for then, the Optimum Health Ultimate Whey Protein, the Acid Whey Protein (Sometimes known as Sour Cheese Whey) or just the Impact Whey Protein - 82% Undenatured Protein?

Any other supplements that you's reccomend other then Blackhole?

Last edited:
Based on your height/weight, I'd say your best bet would be to bulk up first, and then worry about losing body fat.

What about excercises, I have access to 2 hand dumbbells that weigh 5Kg each and a chin up bar.

I can do push ups, sit ups and with the dumbbells I can do squats.

What else should/could I be doing to lose belly fat but gain mass?

Also it's 1g of protein per pound, not 1g of protein per kilo of weight, correct?

I need to eat around 170g a day of protein, not 95g?

Which Whey protein should I go for then, the Optimum Health Ultimate Whey Protein, the Acid Whey Protein (Sometimes known as Sour Cheese Whey) or just the Impact Whey Protein - 82% Undenatured Protein?

Any other supplements that you's reccomend other then Blackhole?

Belly fat? Of course cardio my friend. Wake up in the morning and walk a mile or two. In the morning your body tends to burn the most calories. You could also do it with a lot of fast light weight lifting, but you'll get best results doing cardio to lose belly fat. Not to mention you have to watch what you eat.

You gotta discipline yourself to follow through and make sure you watch your caloric intake. Figure out how many calories you need a day, take in less than that and you'll lose weight without even having to work out.