• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pregnancy and Chronic Pain

Z Y G G Y

Bluelighter
I found out about 2 days ago that I am pregnant. From my calculations it's about 1 month old at most. I have severe debilitating chronic pain when untreated can cause me so muc stress and even lead to thoughts of suicide.

The pregnancy was not planned. We have been married for almost 6 years and had 1 accident when I thought he just pulled out out of accident and I put him back in but he was actually finishing. We almost always wear condoms. Don't know what we were thinking but I am 27 and he's 30 and we have great support from family and friends.

I am prescribed clonopin, clonidine, adderall, abilify, tramadol and suboxone. The only med I have taken when pain was really bad since the accident was suboxone since it helps with the pain.

Do u guys know any category B pain meds? Suboxone I heard is fine. I'm not dependent on it and only take it very sporadically when its really necessary. So even if I do take some pain meds the baby won't come out dependent.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with a obgyn very soon and this pain is a big part of my life as it can threaten the baby. I'm not worried about all the other meds. I've been fine so far mentally and if I start going insane I will see a doctor to put me on low risk meds if totally necessary.

OTC meds don't work and I would just like some info on category B meds for pain in pregnancy so I can ask for those from my doctor in case I really need them so I don't need to resort to stuff that might be worse. I want the safest med possible that will work for the pain. And it will only be in case of horrible pain that I can't handle.

Any others tips for pregnancy are welcome also. I was never dependent on those other meds I mentioned so there is no w/d risk for those meds in case someone is wondering. The abilify I started a little while ago and the kpins I took sporadically, same with the tramadol and adderall and clonidine.

I will of course discuss all these med changes with my obgyn, but just want some info first so I'm more informed in case they want to give me something that might not work for me as only opiates touch my pain.

Well my ob/gyn told me it was safe to take 2 percocets a day. I was taking them for a car accident I got into. I wasn't in too much pain though so I stopped taking them completely. Idk how bad your pain is and if 2 percs would even be enough. Also when I researched it online many sites said that the worse thing that would happen by taking certain pain meds is the baby gets addicted and gets put on methadone to ween it off of the meds after delivery. I dont know about you but that made me feel very uncomfortable. I smoked pot throughout my first pregnancy and still smoke during this one, but i stopped and plan to again a month before my due date so that the baby doesn't come out withdrawing (I do think there are withdrawl symptoms from pot) Idk, its up to you. Let us know what your Dr says. And congrats =)