• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The sheer stupidity...

winston red

Bluelighter
I sometimes have problems sleeping at night. And I find it usefull to pass myself out with relatively large amounts of alchool from time to time. Something like two liters of wine generally solves my problem, and, while not in anyway threatening to my life, keeps me buzzed up for a good portion of the next morning. Witch is very very nice.
This post is about how I could of dumbed myself down, or even commited unwanted suicide, as an indirect result of alchool abuse.
The other night, before passing myself to sleep, I left a rather large amount of toluene (lab grade, the stuff that makes your eyes sour if you don't where any protection), witch I was obviously using as a paint thiner, out to evaporate on the kitchen table. Being winter and such, I didn't mind to open a window, let alone use a fan to help all the stuff out. However, I had the bright idea of closing the door of the living room where I went to sleep in, more as a habit then as a sort of precaution. Lought my ass off at internet comic streeps for a few more hours, completely forgeting about the organic solvent in the close confindes of my apartment.
Awaking 6 hours later, a strong "pain thiner-like smell" inunded my sences as I was going to the kitchen for my cigarettes. All sorts of "what ifs" started racing tghrouh my head, like wether or not I've been exposed to those vapours the whole time I've been asleep, and I've gotten so used to the smell that I can only sence it when it's very strong. Took a few minutes stroll outside just to come back to my living room and see if it smells like pain thiner. It doesn't, but the unnecesary risk I've put myself through pissed me enough as to publicise this event over the internet.

Hehe. We've all done stupid things while pissed. Good story.

Careful about drinking a couple of litres of wine to get to sleep though. Sounds similar to what I did before I realised I had an alcohol problem. It's pretty classic symptoms that you have a develoiping dependence, especially if you do it on a weeknight as I used to do. Even if you're a fit person it's the mental/emotional pain that alcohol abuse causes you that you don't really wanna experience.

well toluene is neurotoxic so you always have that going for you.. Is there a question in this story?

I sometimes have problems sleeping at night. And I find it usefull to pass myself out with relatively large amounts of alchool from time to time. Something like two liters of wine generally solves my problem, and, while not in anyway threatening to my life, keeps me buzzed up for a good portion of the next morning.

Have you considered seeing a doctor about prescription sleep medication?