• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What was your pre-rave "scene" association?

Vaile*

Bluelighter
A question for the ages.
Homeboy, Gamer, Queer-basher, skin, punk, cynic, football person, teenie bopper, drama queen, raver-in-denial, wanker, genius, outcast... too many words to dodge this question. And despite what our ego tells us right now about how original and special and individual we all were, remember.... We ALL started somewhere, and associated with SOMETHING.
Anyone who says 'I was and still am an individual" will get minus points, and get a sponsered trip to club Ritual.
This is a cross-sectional population study of Bluelight.

are there any bookings for next weekend?
"I'm an individual you can't fool me........ " (in his best Mark Jacko Jackson voice)

Um, not that I believe in lables or anything ;) , but I was a britpop indie kid for 6 years *grin*. I thought it might be time for a change of scene early last year, since indie is dying in the arse (according to me anyway!)... met some ppl I really liked that were into "dance music" and voila, here I am. I loved all kinds of music anyway, just never got into the party side of things.
*hugs her Blur cd's* actually, the scenes aren't all the different: lots of hugs, mood enhancers, glitter, and ppl just there for the music and to be with friends. I just wear brighter colours now.

Anyone that calls themselves both a "raver" and an "individual" is seriously deluded...
*goes and puts on phat pants and cracks some glowsticks*
I did that because I wanted to, not because everyone else was!!! ;)

Oh my..... the possibility that there could be more goths here than otherwise anticipated.....
*checks bank account*
In fact.... I think that would be great idea.
Everyone get candied up. We're going to Ritual.

urrrrmmmmmm...
well i dont know i am 24 and have been in the scene since i was about 15-16 before that well urrrmmmmmm not really sure always listened to dance music always hung around people who had the same interest's!!!
RAVE SAFE ALL!

Before i started in the rave/dance scene i couldn't stand the music, couldn't understand why people listened to thump thump music, thought it was utter crap, until i popped my first pill, and now it's virtually all i listen to.
Before pillin days i was alternative chick only, only ever listened to say Pearl Jam, Fuel, Live, all that shit ya know, but now its hardtrance/hardhouse/techno all the way baby!!!:)
But i do have to say, i can listen to anything, i appreciate all types of music, except country! LOL

I've had a couple of incarnations. I guess my first identifiable grouping was as a skater and did spend some time as as a suburban pub goer but I've been partying for almost 10 years now in variatinos from being a newbie to an 'Orange'.

I used to skateboard a bit! oooh yeah a skater chick, and I Used to love my newskool Cali style punk! I still do like it :)

I was definitely a raver-in-denial, and people probably thought I was a goth, so also a goth-in-denial!
But I have always liked aspects of all types of music (except country), so what "associations" are you talking about? The people you hang around or the music you listen to?
And you are assuming that bluelighters are part of the "rave scene" now. And what constitutes being part of the rave scene?
I went to raves, but then didn't for about 3 years, so in that time, was I still a raver? I first heard about raves in 1990 and always liked the sound of them but didn't go to any since I was about 14, so was I a raver then? I've been to 1 rave this year so far, and one or two club nights. Does that mean I'm not a raver now?
Ok, I've answered your question, now I've GOT to say I AM a many-faceted individual, and am trully unable to categorise myself under any label as it is limiting, and therefore hardly a true reflection of who I am, so why do it? It's usually been others that put you into a easy category which only reflects a superficial aspect of yourself! So blahhh... friggin goths ;)

i was what i call a "general" had no real particular thing i liked,
i got paid out in year 7 for liking d00f music..
but those who paid me out now join me and enjoy doof music..... hypocracy or what. their still ym friends :)
-funki-

went to first rave at 14 kicked ass
then teenage depression kicked in and for many a year i did nothing but listen to metal and have lots of black stuff
now it is back to raves (but metal after work .... NRG makes strangerinthe_woods cry)
yay for Yaki

I used to be a non-conformist metal-head. Loved the music but refused to wear the clothes. I mean come on, you can't wear black ALL the time :)

you could call me an outcast hiphop head.. actually you still can. i love dance music, i love all music.. but hiphop is my life..
b0 b0..

Chris yo gotta lay off the woofta coke aiight! *Runs and hides from multiple potato drops*
Oh yeah, i believe i was a BONGHEAD, barely standing mode. I have no idea what i am now, but prolly some sort of cruel samoan!