Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

bluelight music production 2002

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
Ok... this is inspired by serotones old thread...
This is a place where producers (dj's have their own thread ;) ) can list equipment recently purchased, music they are working on, little discoveries etc...
So let me start..
I have:
Yamaha RM1X
Access Virus b (desktop)
midiman 61 note controller (the usb one)
beringer 20 channel mixing console
soon to have:
yamaha a4000 (hopefully)
mac G4 (oh baby BRING IT ON!!) running Cubase and Pro Tools, HOPEFULLY with digi001 sound card if I can afford it.
I have been making music for maybe 8 months now, but have classical and jazz training (8 years worth) and I play the saxophone and a little piano.
Leprachaun and myself make some psy which we hope to upload VERY soon. Its not bad either if I dont say so myself. We use all hardware (he has MC-505, access virus b, korg ea-1, effects unit and mixing desk) and together it sounds damn good.
I can't wait to get my mixing console to fix up my bloody channel problems (1 headphone jack into amp for the damn access and rm1x - doesn't quite work)
er... what else...
i'm studying sound engineering this year at uni...
bluelight producers rock!!
(keep an eye on komplex....watch out for his music... cos he's gonna be huge!)
reSp3cT! :)
[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: Mr. Horse ]

G4 - Only way to go
20 Channel Mackie desk - It's relatively dodgy so I use it mainly for foldback.
Unitor 8 for midi
MOTU 2408
Akai S3000XL kitted out.
Proteus 2000 with phat and world options.
Yamaha DX-7 - just for interface not for sounds
Korg Poly 61 - $40 Can't go wrong.
Then I've been buying stuff to try and do a live PA with although I haven't finished yet.
MPC2000XL
Kaoss Pad
MAM SQ16

I've been producing for about 2 years, I make minimal techno and house, mostly very laidback stuff.
I got 2 laptops running cubase with shit loads of plugins.
a DX7 ,
a modded 606,
a SCI Drumtraks,
and a few other bits an pieces.
We should get some Bluelight collaboration happening!!

Hey Horsey! :) Great thread.
I think you already mentioned my equipment, but hey, I'll post up again. :0)
Have -
Access Virus B
MC 505
EA1
Behringer Mixer
MPX200 - EFX
MIDI LINE Midi Kb.
Want -
Super Nova II
MPC2000XL
Yamaha SU700
Would by if found cheap -
Roland Super Jupiter Module. :)
TR 909.
I wouldn't mind a PC/MAC, but only for production. For playing live you would have to go the laptop. Even then though, I think that using a laptop live is cheating a bit! :p Sequence it through hardware, tweak through hardware.
What has happened to you Serotone? You left us, and never came back! :) PLEASE COME BACK! I'll do anything, anything, even ... oops. Hehehe.
Cheers! :)

Current Equipment:
  • Roland Jupiter 8 (*drools*)
  • Sequential Circuits Split 8 (Bass? Phat!)
  • Roland R8 (pretty nice drum machine, good samples, plenty of variety in the ROM cards, but they're hard to find)
  • MC-303 (dodgy little groovebox, but it does add a little to the tracks)
  • MPX-100 (good little effects unit, not too customisable but still decent)
  • Roland M-120 (dodgy 12 channer line mixer)
  • Behringer MX2004A (Great little 20 channel mixer)
I've built up the equipment over a couple of years, but time spent making music has unfortunately been far less than that... That's changing tho...
Next on the agenda is a sampler, something around the Akai S2000 class...
Havn't recorded anything for a while for a few reasons, but I'm back again, working on a little breaks track... The rest of the stuff i've done has been trance of one form or another...

Mind me if im wrong, but shouldnt this be moved to the Music & Djs forum?

Insomnia: There's a thread there already, but not everyone here checks that forum and I'd like to know who all the the australian bluelighters who produce are, as I'm sure Horsey does which is prolly why he posted here...

i havent really got into yet but i do have acess to:-
roland MC-500,really old drum machine with a some old rythem banks to go with it.
TG-100 tone generator
Dual G4

<Warning: SPAM>
i'm selling whats left of my gear (production is all computer based now), so if anyone wants any of the following, email me at [email protected] .
i've got the following left:
novation drumstation (808/909 clone)
alesis midiverb 2 (basic fx)
yamaha tx16w (12-bit old-skool sampler)
also got a boss distortion pedal, 14U rack (with wheels) and a numark dm2000x dj mixer.
so...yeah. anyone vaguely interested, get in touch.
and i'm sorry for the spam :) i'll put a couple of new tracks up somewhere shortly to make up for it.
</warning>
EDIT: btw, i'm in perth (sorry tarsarlan :) )...only really affects the rack unit, as most of the other stuff wouldn't cost that much in postage...though thats probably enough to put anyone off anyway :)
[ 10 January 2002: Message edited by: aksen ]

Well.
I'm still just using:
  • AMD Athlon 900 @ 1000
  • SB Live! Value
  • FruityLoops 3.3.0
  • Reason 1.0
  • Sound Forge 5.0B
Gonna get my friends chunky midi controller keyboard, he doesn't use it anymore... :)
Hoping to buy some hardware soon, just don't know what, and don't have the cash...
Most recently, I've been messing around doing live tek stuff, and loving it. :D
Damn Melbourne, corrupts you so well ;)

im have close to zero programs, products or experience. but its something i really wanna give a try. i have been playing guitar in a band for a while now but wanna give electronic production a go.
im not in a position to go out and spend 1000's on hardware and im having a lot of trouble finding quality programs for my PC.
I would really appreciate if anyone had a bunch of good programs they could put on cd for me?
i saw in the old production thread people talking about cds they were handing around with lots of awesome programs on it. thought maybe i could get in on this deal. =)

may i touch them?
hehe seriously, i muck around with softsynths, make some ok tracks but nothing worth releasing (yet).
anything from breaks techno techhouse tribal proggy

i downloaded Fruity Loops 3.0 off the net for free. worth every penny.
ive been mucking around with it for nearly 6 months now n im starting to get some fat sounds happening.
one of my mates has FL also and we Email each other songs and remix them and stuff.
ive tried my hand at hard house, hardcore, minimalist techno, psy-trance and now im gettin some breakbeats happening.
now me n Moocho r talking about getting some gear to play live. like a laptop n a drum machine n stuff.
if any other BLers who use Fruity Loops wanna Email me their stuff i'd love to hear it.
Selectaaah!

my BONGOS rock and yes you may toucyh... just be gentle they are very fragile... LOL

getupkid
i cant really help you get the programs but the ones you should look into getting for starters are fruityloops, reason or buzz. they are good all in one starters. you should be able to get copies of flps and reason on mirc and buzz is free from http://www.buzzmachines.com although its a bit of an arse to get your head around (you will become well acquainted with the help file), the results are great (see: james holden, main element, gwill morris etc)

This is interesting.. just seeing how many Bl's are producers.. Hehehe..
btw: if you guyz don't know of this site 'Maz Sound' then check it out :p
Only hardware, SB Live! Plat 5.1
Modtracker
Reason
Rebirth
Stomper ultra+
Wav lab
SoundForge (mastering)
I've been in the MOD scene (united trackers)for over 8 years.. Now just working on pro sounds with MIDI.. only the one styl ( ;) ) Hard Trance..
music can be found @ mp3.com.au
[ 07 August 2002: Message edited by: acell ]