Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DOOF DOOF SHOES

focus

Bluelighter
Shoes are essential part of every raver uniform, as most will agree. Now,what to do when my old favouroite pair of royals has met it's end after hundreds of foot stomping maddness?
They have been immortilised by Ferry Corsten's Autograph and firmly planted on my shelf.
So what possible tenders for replacements do we have? I would love your personal feedback on your fav pair of shoes and comfort/durability rating!
PS. Acupunctures suck serious amounts of colon juice, after having two pairs and both breaking within two weeks something is seriously askew in production.
[This message has been edited by focus (edited 24 October 2001).]

well i trashed my nike presto's in one go at 2tribes...but they still regularly cop a shuffle....good for shuffling, but can get a bit hard....
my kastel's are choice for outdoor, will put up wiff anything and fairly comfortable to dance in....bit hefty for shuffling, more your stomping number...
fave are the red dkny's, wiff the two velcro straps. now initially i thought they'd be hell uncomfortable, and would fall apart...but they've now done 2 kryals, and still are in top shape...good sole to shuffle in, good adjustment via the velcro, and nice ventilation cos theres two big holes in the top
smile.gif

thongs aren't good...
smile.gif

I luv my royals!! - juz bought them. They are hard to beet on comfort, wore them out on the dancefloor for 6 hours the weekend i bought them and no blisters - impressive.
They have replaced my ol red Sketchers - which were also quite comfy, but their dancing days are over.
Munchkinz.

In my experience, Royals are a total crock and though they are comfortable, they do not last, and they do not suit dancing - particularly when you are doing a lot of feet movement and shuffling (as we all do hehe. well melb ppl anyway)
Now im not real sure of many brands but one i can assure you are top quality are etnies - i have had this pair for over a year now and they are still holding together pretty damn well. though i must admit i havent done quite as much dancing. comfortable, durable, fairly stylish .. what more could you ask for? ill be getting another pair when i eventually do away with these .

Well, I've got a pair of Colorado's that look like Royals, and they are comfortable as hell.. I've been wearing them for a few months, so they are broken in, and I never get blisters or sore feet...
And anyone who's seen my freakish dancing style would agree that I should have sore feet from it. :p
------------------
Cameras ready, prepare to flash...

i just got a new pair of royals. they're very comfortable, and stylish too
smile.gif
it's so nice dancing in nice new pair shoes. before the royals i had a pair of Es. they wore out around the heals and made for some painfull dancing. these new royals enable me glide across the dance floor in comfort.

i still hv my royals from 2 years ago. DKNY ... from last year .... no new shoes this year yet ... luv them old and comfy ...
------------------
To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.
- John Henry Newman

hmmm....well i haven't bought new shoes since my prestos on the day of 2tribes...which reminded me of another point... as i mentioned i don't really care what i wear...and when i took prom to his first shed partee at pvd last year, i just chucked on my fave tshirt and a pair of fcuk 3/4's (comfiest fuckin pants ever)....needless to say we had an unnnnnreeeaaallll night...the next time i wore those pants was two tribes this year....also unreal.....then they got put away, until corsten last friday....which is now going down as my best ever party (not best set (i'll never abondon you dear tekkers!!)...best overall party
wink.gif
)....sooooo....i'm starting to see a trend....might have to rip em out for earthcore 'ey??
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

and yes...royals used to be very good quality, made in aus (up until summer 99/00 season) then reebok bought royal from the two battlers from sydney that started it, for a small fortune, and now they are made with the rest of the reeboks in korea.... when i was a general pants boi we never had a complaint about the old royals, first season reebok did em, people were bringing them back within days cos elastic was stretching, pulling out, stitching coming undone, soles coming off etc. so i'd say steer away from them....if you can find some light ones, go for a skate brand. as mikey said, etnies are very well made, vitras and kastels are also impossible to kill...the awesome skate shoes cost quite a bit, but they are seriously indestructible...
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Well my old asics rocked, light, comfy and reflective, but they died a while back and have yet to be replaced sufficiently. My royals are ok but are falling to bits and slip in the wet
frown.gif
(have fallen over twice in them now).
Doofing... cant beat the old dunlop volleys.
smile.gif

Personally I like shoes with stuff all grip. The older the shoe the better, hence I am regretting I threw out some super old nikes last year.
Now if only I could buy some new shoes that had no grip.
[This message has been edited by Mdma 3:16 (edited 23 October 2001).]

Yeah - dunlop all the way baby...
Any shoe that can be bought at a k-mart with the spare change in your cars ash-tray gets my vote
wink.gif

I use and recommend GLOBES - especially the ones with Nitrocells in'em, very stylish, come in heepsa different styles, and also good for your feet in the impact world of dancing......
and they last too, got a pair last year, took them to europe, wore 'em every day for 3 months, no problems, and they are still going strong. only got a new pair coz the sole wore out (damn that! i love those shoes!)

focus...I'm in the same position as you. After more then 2 wonderful years together I fear the end is nigh for my beautiful blue royals and I!!!!
They are THE best dancing shoes i've ever had and i was going to replace them with another pair of royals (although all the royals out now don't really do anything for me
frown.gif
) but after what rbb said i might steer clear of them!
So people bring on your recomendations.....
------------------
'Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forward'

well my Acupunctures have managed to last a solid 1.3 years of hard dance floor pounding/shuffling/skipping, with a bit of redbull thrown over them for good measure, and godknows what else in liquid form. Nice and spacious shoes too.
However i have had cause to screw my face up when it comes to actually peeling my feet out of the shoes as the smell is not so hot. I'd also have to vouch for Dunlop shoes absolutely REEKING - infact, so bad we threw them out the car window on the way home. (not mine!!)
wink.gif
And i've also seen Everlast's fall apart in mid dance flight. Rubber bits everywhere...
------------------
'I beg your pardon,... but i think there's a chicken in your garden'

smile.gif
Would highly recommend Skateboarding shoes. Built a lot tougher and more durable. Although BE PREPARED to carry your talc... they grip like a MOFO...

I'm surprised i'm the first to mention them, but Diesels have been rocking my world for the past year and don't look like they're going to stop anytime soon.
These things are sooo comfortable, don't smell, have taken many a beating and most impotantly, they look really cool. I'd recommend these to anyone.
*looks at his feat and smiles*
------------------
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

I've got a pair of Vans that I had before I even knew what a rave was... so far they've seen me comfortably through every single event I've ever been to bar one (I wore Blundstones to Ganesha in May - it was wet, OK
wink.gif
).
The Vans have just about died, but they're still doing pretty well considering that I wear them constantly throughout the week too. They don't exactly smell the best anymore though, and if you're after grip then these ones are a joke now (good for dancing, bad for crossing the street on a wet day - trust me)...
smile.gif

Gotta agree on the globes. These fuckers last for ever. I had a pair for almost two and they are only just starting to get to the point where I may need to replace them.
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

The man with an eye for bargain for clothes + shoes found a damn good bargain in the black omega laceless shoes I brought about 12 months ago. They get at leats a good 10-20 hr workout with dancing a week, and of course, always being worn after work etc.. HArdly any tread has been worn off them and they are so damn comfortable..
A bargain for $25 shoes
smile.gif

------------------
He who laughs last thinks slowest."
-
All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu