Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why do we do it?!?

Tarsarlan

Bluelighter
A recent experience, and subsequent conversations, plus a few threads here on bluelight have got me thinking about something...
Why do we take acid?
I don't ask this of the people who enjoy it and always have those incredible and mind-expanding experiences. I ask the rest of us, those who most of the time will have a good time, but sometimes freak out, or those like me who quite often freak out, even when things seem well under control...
About a year and a half ago I told myself I'd never take acid again (after the last bad trip which ripped my brain to shreds and had me shattered for about a week) but I've done it again recently... In just about everything else I have the will power to say no, but for some reason, acid seems to weaken my resolve...
And I know there are other people who have also had a few bad experiences, and anytime we take acid there's the chance of a relapse...
So why do it? It's not as if the experience is even that great (at least not at the level I'm at, I can't take too much because then I'm guaranteed to wig out, no matter where I am, how I feel or who I'm with...), tho it does have its worthwhile points, it just doesn't seem to weight up...
But even as I write this I'm considering my next trip, and this not even a month after I last lost the plot. WTF? What gives? Part of me says shoot me before I go insane, but the rest says don't worry about it...
So to the people out there who do sometimes wig out and say 'never again', why do we back down?

you learn something new about yourself from the experience, and whether thats negative or positive is all up to the individual..
try to resolve those issues which the acid brings up, and this will help reduce you wigging out all the time...
[This message has been edited by rikidozan (edited 27 January 2001).]

Well as tars knows that i have had a real bad time on a unknown substance.{but been told it sounds like acid} U cant ressist.
Out of the experenceces i have learnt
a lot about who i am and i think that each time u do it the more u learn. It is like a thorn in ur back side and if u dont pull it out it keeps hurting you.
That is why u go back to it and it is a flud in humanbeings to find out more and more.

Well i don't really count, since i am ALWAYS up for a nice acid binge.
Most of the reasons for me revolve around the fact that you have absolutely no real idea of what will happen. You can plan and prepare and organise what you wish, but once that 'cid starts kicking in, all plans go to hell really. Not that this is bad. You end up doing things you hadn't even thought of, or know existed. hehehe
But as i said, i don't really count for this discussion as i luuurrrvvveeee 'cid
smile.gif

HC

HC - we need an acid barbie.
I'll bring the steaks, you bring the cid, we'll split the cost of the carton of tinnies
smile.gif
Tars - i guess everything is an experience, if you wig, then i find the best thing to do with friends is talk about it (although this can be fucked is you are tripping hard), but it can help resolve the problem, and it can bring you back to the essense of your relationships and your problems.
Well, works for me most of the time.
smile.gif

I eagerly await the day that I will be mentally and emotionally stable enough to have a crack at acid again (I'll be waiting for the rest of eternity for that one)...
...to me, acid is like a test of mental strength. For example, when you finally snap out of it and come back to reality (however long that takes!), you give yourself a big pat on the back for surviving it. I don't know, I guess some of us like to push our limits once in a while, because what doesn't kill ya can only make you stronger
smile.gif

I'm definitely up for a night in with some acid, a big sketch book and some crayons very very soon!

Pushin the boundries of normality is what its all about, but if acid does concern u, try other drugs with similar effects.

Acid turns me into a giggling little mess, does this happen to anyone else out there?

Munchee: Yep, although I've had a couple of bad trips, most have involved me being a silly, giggling puddle...you're not the only one.
------------------
"Indeed, there is no end to this madness, and the yahoos never sleep." - Hunter S. Thompson

Well, of the three times I've had Acid, I've had 2 horrific comedowns and only one really enjoyable experience. None of them mindblowing. but yet.. i want to do it again.
The reason.. i want to have one of those mind expanding trips! I can't see it happening though.. i think i'm too aware of the drug when i'm on it, and only once have i ever felt that its taken over me completely - and it wasnt an altogether pleasant thing.
I was standing on the edge of this park in the cold dark night with my friend i was tripping with and another of our "friends" that we met when he was on hi way home from the pub (i put that in inverted commas because I really dont like the guy, he's an arrogant wanker who is only nice when he wants to scab a cigarette or some weed) anyway, because i dont like this guy and because i know what a smartass he can be I got really paranoid (i had just killed a green cone about 1.5 hours into the trip.. i was as wasted as i could get) and couldnt figure out whether he was drunk and grinning at me because he was drunk and being silly or if he was being extreeeeeeemely fake and actually laughing at me in my face and paying me out about taking acid on a Tuesday night in Bathurst. He knew we were tripping and it really seemed like he was trying to freak me out.. meanwhile the trees were growing snakes and the sky turned green.. paranoia paranoia. ICK.
Then, i couldnt sleep, so i took some G.. which worked fine - but when i woke up to find my friend still asleep i freaked out cause i really needed someone to talk to.. i can't explain the type of comedown i have off acid - it just feels like my whole world is falling down around me and there's nothing i can do.. so i called mum. She asked me if i was alright to which i replied "yeah, i'm ok... noi'mnotitookacidlastnightandnowifeellikecrapanditwontgoawayandidontknowwhattodo"
shich felt good of course blah blah loooong story.. where was I?
oh yeah.. i SWORE to never take acid again (in fact I swroe it on Bluelight in my trip report after that night).. yet.. i'm searching for some atm..
smile.gif
go figure.

I can't stress enough Leary's rules of dose, set and setting. As corny as High Priest of LSD sounds, it rings true. Read some of his stuff Tars and from what you say you aren't ready to take it while you are going out, full stop.
AUD $0.02, Fireal.
------------------
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons,
but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

You know how they say women must have terrible memories, because if they remembered the pain of childbirth, they'd NEVER have another kid?
Eh, or something like that.
I think it's exactly like that. Tripping turns me into a giggling idiot, but also paranoid... you have to recognise that the paranoia is OK, that it's only the trip making you paranoid, and once you think about that you just sort of go with it. IS the guy over there leering at you because he wants to get in your pants, or is he just being friendly? OH MY GOD! Who cares? I like to think that I'll reevaluate the situation when I'm straight, but for the meantime I'll just avoid that person.
smile.gif

My first trip was a fantastic but at times awkward experience, and I definitely remember having a little conversation with myself while I was tripping. I was telling myself that I probably shouldn't do it again because I was walking a verrrry fine line there (I was literally walking as if on a tightrope... heh, and walking in this ever decreasing spiral, it was great
smile.gif
), but as soon as I was off it, I was like, "OK, who's up for next weekend?"
So, you know, you tend to forget about the dark moments during the trip when you're actually off. And to me, all the fun stuff outweighs the good stuff. You have to keep a balance, if you're the type of person who wigs out really easily and all the time, maybe it *isn't* for you.
Crap, this is so long.

It's the drug we love to hate. I lost it big time at my yr 12 after party and swore i would never touch it again...but sure enough i continued to pop for years after it. I've finally weened myself of the stuff and haven't touched it since BDO last yr. I decided to finish my acid adventures off on a happy trip
smile.gif

I guess the reason we keep going back to it is like everyone else said, you learn something about yourself from it ....be it good or bad. You get to delve into the depths of your mind...a place you usually don't get the chance to visit!
Damnit!!!! this post has made me all curious about acid again!

we take acid so that when we are coming down we get to say "FUCK OFF ACID!!"
(sorry, personal joke)
I think that out of all the drugs i have taken, acid is the most effective. Meaning i REALLY know it is affecting me, and it isn't just a state of mind type of thing. (Sometimes I take a pill and think it is going to be shit and it is, and friends take the same pill and is good... i take acid thinking it is going to be shit and fark.. no, it isn't shit at all)
I agree with your reasoning though, we all experience the bad come downs and the freaking out, and the HUGE turd in the morning and still we take it..
It's all about the little purple men up there in lycra suits controlling our minds.
------------------
smellslikecheese.cjb.net

A few months down the track and a few opportunities past and I'm definately over acid, I have no desire to give it another shot...
As brettm said, if you can't handle it, don't... and I can't, so I'm not going to...

After the adventures of the past weekend I'm giving this a big bump.
------------------
Did someone say acid?
I am an Angel... no really, I am... my halo is just a little crooked.
Find happiness:
live like there's no tomorrow
work like you don't need the money
love like you've never been hurt
dance like nobody's watching
and fuck like you're being filmed.