Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Defining moments in your rave life

Soma

Bluelighter
Thought I might start a new topic. Been a while since I did something usefull. I'm just wanting to know what was the greatest and most defining moment of your raving career. That special moment in time that you will remember forever and you say to yourself 'This is something I really want to be a part of'.
For me there are three things (I'm selfish):
First rave (I think) saw UltraSonic at an EPTAS, and the green laser came on and did the cone thing over the crowd with the smoke going through it making it look all etherial... and I was standing right in the middle of it. Simple yet effective.
The other was at a recent Hardware. During Richie's set he was playing it fairly hard and acidy... then right out of nowhere he drops "Born Slippy". Never ever ever seen so many people go so *bezerk* all at once.
Final and last was the sun coming up and listening to those big big beats at Jungle Buziness.... *sniff* I wish I was there again!

at the recovery at billboards after gatecrasher this yr... it was from there i earned my little laser tripper nickname. i nvr found the lasers so beautiful b4, i felt like it was communicating to me. this might sound corny to mos of u, but laser fans will noe wat i mean.
i spent the whole recovery staring at the lasers.
from then onwards, ive nvr failed to see the HK lasers every friday...
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

2 defining moments-same party!
1.Hardware 16, Peaking off my nut, talking to a friend during Mills set, and suddenly I hear the sweet sound of.....Bells! i turn around and see the God at Work and the crowd is absolutely rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Hardware 16,(similar to Soma's), just smoked one of the sweetest joints ever with a friend, stand up, and all those memorys of the night just come flooding back along with the pill, go inside, the crowd is going nuts to Richie, and I have one of the best dances of my life I felt so good!!!
Thats my 2 cents.... Keep em coming fellas!

My most unforgettable moment, would easily be at 2Tribes. My first big rave, first party pill (orange rolex too), peaking for BT, as he goes off like an animal. 7000-8000 packed in like sardines. Closest ever been to heaven
smile.gif

Close second would have to be Binary Finary, dropping 1998 at the end of their set at Crasher this year. With BT - Dreaming following as an intro from Scott Bond, very nice double
smile.gif

It might be cliched, but hey if there is a better trance song (1998) to peak to with thousands of happy and euphoric souls then i've yet to experience it. Even if iam relatively new to this caper
wink.gif

Christmas eve, at some big rave overseas... first pill... mmm gotta love the first pill!! After experiencing a whole year of shitty things and depression everything in my life suddenly became just right, and my new E found love next to me (who i thought was soo right but it didnt last long, but thats not my point), and from then on i always have a more optimistic view of life. Thanks to my dear little pill!

I haven't had the opportunity to attend too many wonderful raves (due to the same reasons most others don't - time and money). But of those I have been too, my favourite would have been a small house rave for new years eve just gone by.
It was also my 1st pill.
I hope to attend some more great raves soon. See you at Wonderland!
C
ps Happy Valley deserves a special mention...

HAHA
smile.gif
E^lectric, u stole the words right out of my mouth. I can only say that I was glad to share them there with ya both times
smile.gif

i know some certain people could have guessed i would mention it. but at earthcore.. on new years morning this year.. after dancing all night and just having the best time.. climbing to the top of the mountain.. sitting there looking out over this whole landscape.. mountains.. trees.. a huge lake.. and tents and cars scattered all over the fields.. i sat there with three friends, feeling like i was almost in the clouds.. watching the millenium sunrise come over the next mountain behind us, warming us.. the shadow of the mountain we were on creeping back to towards us as the sun lit up the whole valley.. we smoked a joint.. and we listened to some cool hippylookin guy play this large tibetan monk bell.. he was up there too. there were a few people up there. you could still hear the dancefloor going though it was so far down below us. i got really really spiritual up there. and i can remember that being the most ultimate new years day i could ever possibly hope for.
i will never forget it.
(kezza, now you know why i put your pic on my wall)
------------------
I'll hide you..away from..a world you..rejected..I'll hide you.

Well lets see...
Two Tribes this year. Going into the Techno Tribe room, the crowd is stomping away to Voiteck when the lasers start shooting out from that massive skull and through the Hardware sign in the middle of the shed with the two spheres on each side having bulging eyeballs projected into them....one of the most awesome sights I have ever witnessed and at that stage I honestly thought I had reached my no.1 party, sadly is was not to be.
Jeff Mills at home. Watching from above to the crowd almost moshing to Sugar Ray before the man himself stepped up to the dex, and from then on it was mayhem!
Walking down the ramp into the main arena at Dance Nation 97. What a sight that was!

my 2nd rave, 1st pill (half an unknown capsule)...Telepathy in Perth, sept 1992 (15 years old)...
I was wondering around in a blissful daze, when my friend lifted up this curtain thing at the bottom of this big pyramid-like dance platform and led me inside it.
I spent about half an hour crawling around in there, got shouted cones from strangers, tripped out on the strobes inside the pyramid and the roof of it bowing and shaking from all the dancers on top
smile.gif

It was not my best rave moment by far, and not my best pill (I didn't feel ready for mdma and didn't take another until I was 20), but it was certainly a defining moment (I have no idea why, its just something I'll always look back on as an important moment)
smile.gif

Well one time that will always stand out in my mind - War of the Worlds 1, 1998. After a blissful night on a Nike Tick (still the best pill I've ever had. Never been so high. Thought I was floating around the room, couldn't speak, best feeling ever!!). Morning set, feeling pretty darn good, been dancing all night non-stop. The DJ played Halcyon + on + on.
The picture in my mind that sticks is dancing away to that beautiful track, high as a kite, smiling my arse off and soaking up that great morning atmosphere.
Nothing has matched that to date. Now that's what I call defining
smile.gif

(I think Tarsarlan may agree with me here...)
wink.gif

Dan
[This message has been edited by Decimal Dan (edited 02 August 2000).]

War of the worlds, 2,3?
LIBERATED Me
Those lasers were mad and the crowd was so friendly. The only time that Altona venue worked for me. Dont remember what i had but I didnt leave the dance floor all night.

my first 3 parties set the stage for every great one since, and what i value in parties.
1. washington dc, with my new love who is now my husband. we are both straight, asymmetry's not having a great time, its not a great party. i'm totally excited by the dancers, the colour, liquid dancing, jungle, enormous jnco's, the whole deal, but of course i'm dressed wrong and feel out of place.
THEN, we meet some of asym's friends and paul oakenfold's set starts. the music is incredible. asym is dancing like mad, dance-dualing w/ ppl, ppl rolling and dancing and hugging like crazy everywhere. i was like WOW THIS IS RAVE?!?!
2. earthcore easter @ tocumwal. my first roll. great music. so many friendly people, i feel so welcomed. oooh the lasers. pure bliss.
3. class war. we have to phone up to get the location. its underground and illegal. we had the green apples which were brilliant. we are outside waiting to go in and some tall smiley guy shouts out "HAS ANYONE GOT ANY E??" its so dark you cant see inside, great vibe, perfect roll, danced all night i remember stopping and thinking "oh my god i fucking LOVE this".
i love it when you're at a party (rolling or not, it doesnt matter) and you stop and take a look all around you at all the happy people, and friends, and great music surrounds you, and lasers beaming down and it looks so perfect and you think THIS IS IT.
smilez everyone =)
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 02 August 2000).]

HArdware 16
Jeff Mills, the bells, ahhhhhhh what more needs to be said
smile.gif

this was my first big party and first whole pill(speed bomb=yellow 69) but still really fun ,
i think me and
smile.gif
skelzE
smile.gif
had a hell of a night
hehee
cyas
oh yeah and richies set was awesome
------------------
"enemies becoming friends , when bitterness ends"

Invasion Day Weekend 1994 - La Perouse Backbeach - Acid Raindance - Vibe Tribe.
This was the first party i helped stage, one of my big roles was securing cardboard which was made into a punch. Guaranteed my love and devotion to outdoor, affordable (it was free!), underground events. Can remember being waist deep in water dancing, and one of the other organisers Colin was on this big rock throwing dozens of oranges minto thr crown, and people started getting this amazing juggling thing going with the oranges. Classic moment.
Also, first funded Ravesafe stall we did, Toolangi Earthcore, February '97. Lots of people losing it, very busy night, but was really inspiring to know that i'd helped build something that was really helping the scene. ANd my time off on the same night during Ming D and Nick Taylors sets, gentle rain during my x peak, drifting through the lights, probably one of my nicest moments in seven years of doofing.
------------------
venceremos - hasta la victoria siempre

E^lectric stole mine aswell. First rave. First pill. BT coming on to the stage at 2 tribes, bangin' his arms in the air, and me, peaking off my head, looking at my 2 best mates, Raider and Big Trancer, who had bought me there that night. I gave them massive huggs and said "thank-you for bringing me here!"
------------------
*Dance like no-one is watching*

MMmmm definietly the best moment so far would have to be sitting on Big Trancers shoulders during Paul van Dyk's set at TRADE earlier this year - it is an unbelieveable feeling being above the entire crowd watching the lasers, the smoke, the dj and everyone going sick around you. Add a couple of blue glow sticks and peaking on a mitsi turbo and i was in heaven....
Ah the memories - hope to create many more
wink.gif

TC
smile.gif

And again another of mine is taken, sitting on Big Trancers shoulders at PvD, except I you were sitting on my shoulders at Trade TiggerChic. That was incredible. If you haven't been above, and faced an 8000 strong crowd when you're rollin', you have to do it.
------------------
*Dance like no-one is watching*

The ferris wheel at Gatecrasher with Sassy and Spiral was pretty magical.
There's been a lot, but the most recent one that stands out, is after going on a journey with Paul van Dyk, him playing For An Angel as his last song, and me just loosing it and crying while on caps.
The one rave I will NEVER forget though is Gatecrasher this Easter just gone, to this day, it is the best, worst and weirdest rave I have ever been too for so many reasons.
------------------
sniff it like an amylmal
[This message has been edited by Magoo (edited 08 August 2000).]

Most defining moment? I guess I'd have to say that most of the big parties have left the strongest memories and most euphoric uplifting experiences... Jeff Mills playing my favourites at Welcome 2000 or Hardware 16? BT playing Godspeed at 2Tribes? Binary Finary playing 1998 at Gatecrasher? PvD playing For an Angel at Trade? (What can I say... I love my trance
wink.gif
) Maybe the intimate atmosphere and secretive ambience at Forbidden Freeland? I have had so many fabulous times this year already, but the musical and chemical highlights serve as mere memory milestones for the personal nirvanas I've experienced at all of these amazing nights.
I think for me, my personal favourite moment and the fulcrum in time upon which my enjoyment of the whole year hinged, was at 2Tribes ... ah the hell with it, it's too soppy.
I loved the music too.
OK I will tell but I can't make any apologies from this point on for being a sentimental old fool.
It was at 2Tribes, one of the first really big docks parties that I'd been to, and my brother and I were partying away. Having only recently started going out to parties together, we were having lots of fun, but at some point during the night... how can I explain it? We seemed to really connect. I don't think it was really anything to do with the atmosphere or the surroundings, it was just a 'defining moment', an instant in time when we both forged the deepest friendship that I know. The happiness that being so close with him has bought me, I will never be able to describe.
The parties I have mentioned before have come and gone, but the people have been the constant element that have stayed the same. To our party group, our friendly rave crew who all stick together and have enormous times month after month, I really appreciate all you mean to me. You are my best friends and I love you all.
BigTrancer
smile.gif