• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best "upper" opiate

U4IC1

Greenlighter
Im not a fan of being lethargic or nodding, so I am wondering what is the best opiate pain medication for having an energetic high? The only ones I have experience with are oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, methadone and demerol. I used to get all talkative and energetic from oxycodone, but now I find myself just getting tired and in a bad mood when I take them. I have been taking the same dosage for pretty much the past year which is 15mg 3-4 times a day. I am scared to increase my dose, but at the same time wonder if increasing the dose will give me back that old fun high that I used to get.

Synthetic or semi-synthetic opiates (opioids) produce a more energetic high. Some of such medicines include Oxycodone, Methadone, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, and Fentanyl. Some people also find that Kratom produces an energetic opiate high.

based on what you've said, i would think you've hit the point where an increase of any of the ones you list might give you more energy. be careful though as this is the never ending cycle.

the "uppety" feeling oxy gave me is precisely what led to my addiction. i haven't tried them all, and am clean now, but i have always heard by all that oxy is the one...

i've never tried it, but from what i've heard/read i believe oxy is the most speedy opiate

I have heard/read the same thing pretty much.... That oxy is gonna be my best bet for pain management and desired side effect. I am really curious about Opana though and would love to try it, but hate to jeopardize my being able to get the roxis im on now. The only way I take any pills is by mouth or blow em. Im not a needle man. I dont know if that would make a difference in which drug either. Thanks for the responses thus far.

i've never tried it, but from what i've heard/read i believe oxy is the most speedy opiate

Oxycodone is a very speedy opiate with a good rush depending on the ROA. The duration (2.5-3 hours) leaves much to be desired though. I much prefer methadone for my opioid of choice.

^^I've never had methadone, but the duration sounds fantastic. Is there actually a "high" from methadone, or is it like sub's?

I nod hard on 25mg of methadone for the first few hours, then the energy kicks in. Very good high. The only bad part is it makes me itch like crazy, even while I sleep. I have woke up on several occasions having scratched my face raw.

Without discussing price, let's just say they are the most expensive opiate around H-town for some reason. I'm sure I would love them because I get so tired of having to dose my hydrocodone every 2.5 hours to stay out of pain and keep from getting the sickness.

Methadone has very bad withdrawal symptoms. After a four day binge, I will sleep for 48 hours straight, then be wickedly depressed for another few days. I have yet to try heroin, so I cannot compare it to that, but the withdrawals are worse than that of hydromorphone or morphine.

^^Damn, I can hardly handle hydrocodone/morphine w/d. Can't imagine much worse than the time I came off a few months of oxycodone...brutal.

OC is definately the most speedy opiate IMO. For daily users though any strong opiate will have a stimulant effect. I get spun from H when I don't do large amounts.

-lenses

Yeah I cant say that I have even remotely liked any of the other pain pills I have tried except for the oxy and hydrocodone. They seem to be more suited for someone who enjoys that heavy body feeling and extreme relaxation.

OXY by far is the most stimulating opiate, along with tramadol..methadone can be in a way, in my experience. hydrocodone is a less stimulating opiate. Subutex, suboxone if ind stimulating low doses

as everyone said, oxys are what your looking for. for me at least, smaller doses of opiates, depending on tolerance, always speed me up more than knock me out. in every roa except the needle.

For me, a decent dose of OC gives me a little lift. All the others feel 'nice' but don't give me an energetic high. More of a comfortable talkativity-if that makes sense.