• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Morphine Sulfate and Chitosan

lswanie

Bluelighter
My friend has a bunch of 15mg ir morphine sulfate pills that they have been bitching about for a while. I told them I remembered hearing something about asian shrimp medicine being a intranasal potentiator. After a little searching they discovered it is chitosan.

So...these pills appear to have a bunch of filler in them. Would a cwe be necessary before making the preparation, I told them it looked like too much powder to liquid ratio

Last edited:
You could do it that way, but the evaporation process would be a bitch. People who do CWE's generally take it orally or rectally.

P.S. People on this board jump on people who say "SWIM". We don't require that you say SWIM, or any other word to avoid self-imcrimination, because the standard of evidence in most courts would conclude that saying SWIM could be like saying "I". Its not required that you dont say SWIM, we just discourage it's use.

Unless you, or rather someone who isn't you, are planning on doing some sort of CWE/wash to reduce the amount of binders and fillers, you would be better off taking them orally. For every fifteen milligrams of Morphine Sulfate in each one of those IR tablets, there is probably one or two thousand milligrams or more of inactive powder that will hinder the intranasal efficacy to a great extent.

Also, depending the solubility of the fillers in those IR tabs, a traditional CWE might not even be effective at removing the Morphine Sulfate.

swim changed to friend. not only is it truthful but also as equally non incriminating

the main question here is, is there any point at trying to throw together a crude morphine sulfate chitosan combo, and then just know the mg/ml as far as the morphine goes. I read somewhere that the chitosan formula bumps the ba up to around 60% intranasaly, thus doubling the value of this indebted idiot's pills. Also read that snorting liquids is way more efficient, and I would guess more comfortable than the powder

Snorted morphine isn't going to be that great,IV is where its at....are these Statex IR's?If so a CWE would probably be useful,as when I shoot them,there is alot of undissolved filler.if they're MS IR's or whatever,I think those gel,which sucks balls.I still get around the gel,Im prescribed MS Contin,and I found a good way to prep them by simply typing in "How to inject MS Contin" into google.You may want to gather the materials needed for this,like wheel filters,and evaporate the solution,it would be less water as well I'd assume.

I think you guys may be missing the chitosan part of this. It is supposedly some chemical that drastically increases the BA for intranasal use. I think it is marketed as a dietary supplement but there is currently some concoction waiting for FDA approval.

Okay, here is an idea for those who are in the know about the chitosan

What if you just made a chitosan liquid and then sprayed some of that up there before snorting a line of regular crushed up powder. If my understanding is correct, all the chitosan does is make the nasal cavity more receptive of the morphine, so it wouldnt really matter if they were administered separately as long as they were close to one another

Well, not sure if anyone cares or not but subjectively speaking this works. Its not terribly pleasant (can cause a gag) but definitely more effective. Effectiveness seems to vary as there is no way to really measure out the chitosan other than eyeballing it from a capsule

5-10ml purified water, 7.5-15mg of a morphine sulfate pill, about 1/10 of a 1g chitosan pill. Put all this in a 5ml dropper thing from a drug store (what they give for measuring out kids cough syrup is what I used, very simple and nostril sized) and spray it up the nose, no effort on your noses part required but you will probably gag a little. Like when you used to jump off the diving board and have water shoved up your nose

The chitosan will increase BA and effectiveness if you are going to insufflate it, but unless you are able to reduce the amount of powder present, the amount of chitosan, as well as the amount of Morphine Sulfate making contact with your nasal membranes will be minimal. If you are going to go for it as is, you would want to do very small amounts/lines/whatever at a time, so you maximize the surface area and time the drug spends in contact with your nasal passages.

7.5mg morph, ~.1g chito, and about 7ml of water seems to work pretty well. Still cant tell if it is partially a placebo effect or not. I think having the powder in the liquid, even if it is just floating around and not dissolved, somehow helps with the whole surface area thing. If there were a way to get all the bs out of the morphine pills, one could make quite the concoction

What about plugging? If you were to mix a solution of morphine and chitosan, would this increase rectal BA? This would be more efficient, as there would be much more membrane contact than in the nose and none will be lost due to nasal 'drip'.