• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Misfits (E4)

dubgaz

Bluelighter
Has anybody watched the new E4 show Misfits? It started last week and is about a gang of teens who are doing community service and after getting struck by lightning develop superpowers. I watched it today and I thought it was really good. Like a chav version of Heroes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it! And I am rather excited about the new one tonight! It's really good.

I thought it was gonna be just a shit-rip off of Heroes, but it really is its own show.

The ending was . . . er, expected and, well . . . we've all seen that final situation before (I shan't ruin it beyond what I've already done) and we can probably guess how Series 2 will pick up on this, but I've liked the show so far!

My one concern is: what the fuck is Curtis' power?

I'm wondering if Curtis doesn't change time, per se; rather, that he can see the strands of time and chose which one he -- and thus, we -- are a part of? Like . . . does he take an alternate timeline and make it the "real" timeline? Because once he went back in time and made those changes to his fate, he shouldn't have been able to do it again to correct the correction, right?

Guh. Time-traveling stories always do me in. But if that's the case, you could argue that the "him" in the main timeline had ceased to exist the moment he went back and made the alternate timeline the 'main' timeline.

Er . . . did that make sense?

So in the main timeline, which is now NOT the main timeline, the other Misfits are like "where the fuck is Curtis?" because he has slipped out of that timeline and is now in the alternate timeline, which for all intents and purposes, is the main timeline.

More than likely it's sloppy writing, but who knows. I guess it depends on which time-traveling 'rules' the writers want to believe in. There seem to be many.

Season 2 could find that Curtis has pulled all the other Curtis's from these timelines out of their respective timelines and displaced them. That could make for some very pissed off Curtises . . . at least the ones who have the power as well.

Of course, that would be an unnecessary fix when they could have simply had him be prescient instead of time-traveling.

Bah.

I'll let this one (time) slip.

I love the show, grew to like otherwise unlikable characters (the point), and am eagerly awaiting Series 2!!!

Just discovered this show in the spring. Rewatching the first series tonight and tomorrow so I can catch up with the new series. I was really surprised and delighted with this show.

almost caught up with this show. have watched a random episode with my friend and then with my girlfriend, and they all loved it. 1/4 of every episode seems like a sex scene, and there are enough drugs and murders (hilarious murders!) to go around

first, I thought that this show would suck. there are just so many ways to go wrong with such an unlikeable group of asinine kids. however, the writing to the show has really struck me as top-knotch. they may not be the most world renown "super heroes," but boy are they entertaining

the Immortal Guy is hilarious. he could very well be annoying, but he's funny and endearing for the most part

Simon, the Invisible Guy, is good too. I liked the part when you could contrast the acting between his current "nerdy" self and his future, bad ass Batman type self

Alisha, the Sex Girl, is hot. hah. but I like the way her character develops from one-dimensional vixen to actually containing some substance

they all do well at capturing my attention

also, great soundtrack. from their rock n roll to the electronic music they play when our group goes out to the underground UK clubs and takes E

I've been very pleasantly surprised with British programming, thanks to this and Dead Set. keep it up, Brits!

just started watching last night!

love it, it made me think of bluelighters though

kelly - lacey k???

gary murderdead - d's??

lol

tumblr_li4thaR0bD1qi56ozo1_500.gif

Simon and Alisha are by far my favourites. What the fuck is it with British television? I was all hot and bothered during their sex scene. I was like hot damn that's a full 60 seconds of female orgasm on teh tee vee. In America that'd get you kicked off the air, or the 3am slot on skin-i mean cinemax.

tumblr_li1yfhgzvb1qaizn2o1_500.jpg

is it just me or is the ratio of hot black people on that show way high. i mean like what. WHAT.

i'm in love with future simon :( but this simon is pretty great too:

tumblr_lghv49jHcQ1qbqd1x.gif

haha Ebow and I were talking about how Kelly reminds us of a Scottish chavette version of lacey k. actually, I was re-watching an Arctic Monkeys video and I noticed that Kelly portrayed the prostitute... awesome

after watching all the episodes, I realize that I'm a Nathan guy myself. he could be so douchey, but the actor pulls him off brilliantly. I also like the Fast Guy, he's oozes kewl

favorite episode, my fellow Misfits fans? by far the best episode for me was the Milk Man episode! Nathan came to his own, and it was so kewl to see such a comic-book inspired episode with a proper villain for once

look at all these Americans in this thread. I find it hard to believe that no UK BLers enjoy this show. I mean, I fell in love once I heard the Rapture doing the opening theme!

I love this show! The characters and storyline are great. Not sure of my favourite episode, but one of my fav scenes was Nathan's speech on top of the building at the end of the first season.

“She’s got you thinking this is how you’re supposed to be. It’s not. WE’RE YOUNG. We’re supposed to drink too much. We’re supposed to have bad attitudes and shag each other’s brains out. We were designed to party. We owe it to ourselves to party hard. We owe it to each other. This is it. This is our time. So a few of us will overdose, or go mental. Charles Darwin said you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. That’s what it’s about: breaking eggs — by eggs, I mean, getting twatted on a cocktail of class As.

If you could see yourselves… we had it all. If you could just see yourselves, it breaks my heart…YOU’RE WEARING CARDIGANS! We have fucked up bigger and better than any generation that came before us. WE WERE SO BEAUTIFUL! We’re screw-ups. I’m a screw-up. I plan on staying a screw-up until my late twenties, or maybe even my early thirties. And I will shag my own mum before I let her…. or anyone else take that away from me!”

Hahaha

haha Ebow and I were talking about how Kelly reminds us of a Scottish chavette version of lacey k. actually, I was re-watching an Arctic Monkeys video and I noticed that Kelly portrayed the prostitute... awesome

after watching all the episodes, I realize that I'm a Nathan guy myself. he could be so douchey, but the actor pulls him off brilliantly. I also like the Fast Guy, he's oozes kewl

favorite episode, my fellow Misfits fans? by far the best episode for me was the Milk Man episode! Nathan came to his own, and it was so kewl to see such a comic-book inspired episode with a proper villain for once

look at all these Americans in this thread. I find it hard to believe that no UK BLers enjoy this show. I mean, I fell in love once I heard the Rapture doing the opening theme!

i'm surely a Simon fan myself. I think my favourite episode (or at least, one of them) is the Virtue Virgin episode. Nathan finally proves he's worth a shit and not just a total waste of a human being (his moment with Kelly in her bedroom where he apologizes for leaving her and letting her be brainwashed) and his whole little speech before being impaled on the fence. Also, the episode where they reveal Future!Simon, of course. I also really like the Curtis episode where he tries to figure out how to get Sam out of trouble, and the 8 different times he tries to break up with her, lol.

and lol at the Americans stealing this show off the internet and watching it. All my English friends don't give two shits about this show, and are like, why do you even bother watching???

sad fase for English friends :(

I thought if you couldn't understand an English person they are most likely Scottish or maybe Welsh??

;)

so she's just a normal English person? wow, excuse my ignorance

i know the actor who plays simon is welsh, he's got ridiculous welsh name, and annoying homeboy is from ireland

anyone know exactly when it's coming back? i thought i'd have it back by now, but so far no one can nail down a date. (the E4twitter says oct.11, lauren sochas twitter says oct.30, e4 website says nothing)

I've been frantically trying to figure out when the new season starts for some time now. There was a ten minute short episode you can find online that shows Nathan's departure from the show and the entrance of the new character. It was pretty funny but I'm sure gonna miss Nathan, he is one of my favorite tv characters ever. All I can find out is that the new season premieres this Autumn, no actual date.

So what did everyone think about the Season 3 premiere?

Personally I loved it, Joseph Gilgun is the perfect replacement for Robert Sheehan. I can't wait for rest of the season. :D