• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine and Chest Pain

PhunkyPhish

Greenlighter
Swim did like a line and a half of coke for the first time last January, after drinking. Since then hes had aching chest pain around the left side of his chest. The pain comes and goes but is quite persistent and annoying. When Swim smokes bud his heartrate shoots up, he has pain in his chest and he gets panicked. Hes been to the doctor and had an EKG, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram all of which have turned out normal. He excercises fairly regularly. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Swim will never tango with the white lady again!

Anxiety disorder. Pretty badly too. Go get a scrip to some benzos and try to chill out. Same thing happened to a very good friend of mine. He didn't accept help, took it way too far and alienated himself from his whole group of friends and I havent spoken to him in years. Sounds like you're working yourself up cause you're worried, panic attacks raise the heartrate a lot and can even feel like/ be mistaken for heart attacks sometimes. If you've had tests done and they came bacy okay then I'm almost sure that's what's happening. My friend did the same thing but wouldn't believe the doctors

From time to time I even have panic attacks when simply smoking bud, it's all about how you react to stress and your current mindset. Anxiety's an awful bitch.

Good luck, hope you feel better, and welcome to BL! :)

stop smoking weed and don't take benzos. it may take a long time but if it just anxiety it will go away.

Disagree. Some people can do this, yes, but if you live a stressful enough life anxiety won't just dissapear that's why it's a "disorder". Crazy world we live in, a lot of demands on people now and people freak out. It can even be genetic, especially if you have other mental disorders to begin with. I would love to take care of things without medication and be in control of my own life and that's the way it should be for everyone but some people are just un-able to do so. That's why they came out with benzos in the first place. A lot of people abuse them to get high, but if taken as perscribed for the real reason they work wonders.

Anxiety disorder. Pretty badly too. Go get a scrip to some benzos and try to chill out. Same thing happened to a very good friend of mine. He didn't accept help, took it way too far and alienated himself from his whole group of friends and I havent spoken to him in years. Sounds like you're working yourself up cause you're worried, panic attacks raise the heartrate a lot and can even feel like/ be mistaken for heart attacks sometimes. If you've had tests done and they came bacy okay then I'm almost sure that's what's happening. My friend did the same thing but wouldn't believe the doctors

From time to time I even have panic attacks when simply smoking bud, it's all about how you react to stress and your current mindset. Anxiety's an awful bitch.

Good luck, hope you feel better, and welcome to BL! :)

That is amazing how you diagnosed this SWIM guy via the intraweb.
I wish all doctors could do that.

2nd opinion: Go to a doctor if it worries you, i mean swim. At least its not crack, cause then that would sound a lot like crack lung - PERHAPS<<<------it is a problem with his heart rhythm? Afterall, I dont think anxiety, when it results in an increased heart rate "hurts". Its extremely uncomfortable, but, think about it, this apparently started after this person did coke.

Disagree. Some people can do this, yes, but if you live a stressful enough life anxiety won't just dissapear that's why it's a "disorder". Crazy world we live in, a lot of demands on people now and people freak out. It can even be genetic, especially if you have other mental disorders to begin with. I would love to take care of things without medication and be in control of my own life and that's the way it should be for everyone but some people are just un-able to do so. That's why they came out with benzos in the first place. A lot of people abuse them to get high, but if taken as perscribed for the real reason they work wonders.

if by work wonders, you mean induce the most devastating physical dependence known to man i might agree.

i was blowing lines all night and taking shots; woke up with chest pain above my heart. It went away on its own.

Two posts in 1 thread that are just stupid, ,sorry.

Benzos work wonders when used in the short term, and it really is only meant to be prescribed for a very temporary amount of time. Benzo tolerance?
I'm on benzos by the way.

Oh and regarding benzos, when first synthesized / prescribed, it was as an ALTERNATIVE / Replacement to barbituates, which you can OD on, and there are more side effects ect. They already had anti anxiety stuff ;]

Two posts in 1 thread that are just stupid, ,sorry.

Benzos work wonders when used in the short term, and it really is only meant to be prescribed for a very temporary amount of time. Benzo tolerance?
I'm on benzos by the way.

Oh and regarding benzos, when first synthesized / prescribed, it was as an ALTERNATIVE / Replacement to barbituates, which you can OD on, and there are more side effects ect. They already had anti anxiety stuff ;]

I am too...

and of course it shouldn't be forever benzos do have a big risk for dependance and shitty w/d's, but it's useful in the relative short term.

And true about the barbs too, but technically it would mean that benzos were still created for anxiety, even if they were an alternative to other drugs.

Also I'm not trying to diagnose anything, but he says he's already been to a few different doctors, some very specific even. If they said he's fine, that's very typical to anxiety. My roommate went through the SAME EXACT thing. He went to the doctors, and they said he was fine. He just had anxiety, we always knew that it just flared up worse than normal. If you're legitimately worried then go ahead and go to some more doctors it can't hurt. But then again if you're worried, also sounds like that could be caused by anxiety. Maybe just my opinion but I have a real life account to back it up, and I suffer from anxiety myself so I can relate. I'm not just pulling stuff out of thin air to sound cool or something.

In the end it's up to you, but maybe instead of focusing on the fact that you have these "heart problems" and going to doctors for that, maybe you should consider talking to someone / asking a doctor if you possibly suffer from anxiety.

And don't worry colmes, I try not to let people from Jersey bother me, just a little somethin I've learned living in the northeast pretty much my whole life ;)

I am too...

and of course it shouldn't be forever benzos do have a big risk for dependance and shitty w/d's, but it's useful in the relative short term.

And true about the barbs too, but technically it would mean that benzos were still created for anxiety, even if they were an alternative to other drugs.

Also I'm not trying to diagnose anything, but he says he's already been to a few different doctors, some very specific even. If they said he's fine, that's very typical to anxiety. My roommate went through the SAME EXACT thing. He went to the doctors, and they said he was fine. He just had anxiety, we always knew that it just flared up worse than normal. If you're legitimately worried then go ahead and go to some more doctors it can't hure. But then again if you're worried, also sounds like that could be caused by anxiety. Maybe just my opinion but I have a real life account to back it up, and I suffer from anxiety myself so I can relate. I'm not just pulling stuff out of thin air to sound cool or something.

In the end it's up to you, but maybe instead of focusing on the fact that you have these "heart problems" and going to doctors for that, maybe you should consider talking to someone / asking a doctor if you possibly suffer from anxiety.

And don't worry comes, I try not to let people from Jersey bother me, just a little somethin I've learned living in the northeast pretty much my whole life ;)

JERSEY PEOPLE ARE MEAN

But...you say you didnt diagnose, but right away you said "Anxiety". To be fair, you dont know how stupid or smart this person is, and if they will take that as a diagnosis. Just need the words "might be", my fellow northeast asshole ;)

Can't say I thouroughly read everyone's responses, but -

I used to heavily abuse cocaine. Very heavily. Had a heart attack caused by it. Eventually quit the cocaine. My heart has hurt ever since. It is constantly like my chest is a tight knot laced with angry, barbed fishing hooks. Taking a benzo removes said pains nearly completely. If anything, I would inquire a medical professional about seeking a short term ''trial'' script of some benzodiazepines. They might work for you.

Be wary of addiction though. I have learned my lesson with opiates; if benzo withdrawal is even 1/2 as bad as opioid withdrawal, I think a regularly stinging, pained, bothersome chest is a godsend compared to benzo addiction to releve the symptoms.

Swim did like a line and a half of coke for the first time last January, after drinking. Since then hes had aching chest pain around the left side of his chest. The pain comes and goes but is quite persistent and annoying. When Swim smokes bud his heartrate shoots up, he has pain in his chest and he gets panicked. Hes been to the doctor and had an EKG, a chest X-ray, and an echocardiogram all of which have turned out normal. He excercises fairly regularly. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Swim will never tango with the white lady again!

instantaneous heart disease i think they call it

If he had actual pains that is not anxiety, i've had tons of symptoms of anxiety and that is exactly what they are.. harmless symptoms. If you have actual pains go get it checked out.

If he had actual pains that is not anxiety, i've had tons of symptoms of anxiety and that is exactly what they are.. harmless symptoms. If you have actual pains go get it checked out.

Do you realize how many different anxiety disorders there are and the huuuge range of symptoms that they can create? As an above poster said some anxiety attacks can be mistaken for heart attacks. In many cases when the body is under mental stress it also manifests physically, giving the wide array of symptoms.
Anxiety/depression and other mental health should not be taken lightly. Most cannot just shrug it off. Although I do agree with your phrase saying to "...go get it checked out."

sounds like anxiety to me. If there was a problem with your heart it would have been pretty apparent in the tests.

ya. you've explained the story of my life. well...almost haha. throw in a bit more recreational opiate uses and od's and you got it! well anyway i had the same problem after i used blow for a month or so. my heart hasnt been the same since, and that was about 3 years ago. i used to smoke green everyday all day. last year after one hit i passed out, and got an ambulance ride. they thought it was a heart attack. using drugs is like playin roullette. every drug can affect everyone differently. i also had tests done, the whole nine yards, and my heart appeared normal. i would say to try to lay off the ganja for a bit, try to reduce any major causes of stress in your life, and if that doesnt do it then definately look into some benzos. i wish uh...swim the best of luck.

Heyy I got the same thing as swim I quit 3 months ago but still having chest pain did it go away please reply

Heyy did it go away I got the same thing now I quit 3 months ago but still having chest pain please reply

Heyy did it go away I got the same thing now I quit 3 months ago but still having chest pain please reply

I don't think he will reply since he posted this 9 years ago.

If you're still experiencing chest pain, consider getting checked out by your physician.