• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Throwin up more on alchohol because of opies

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
Hey od!

Heres the deal. I do opies on and off. Mostly just lortabs and such. Sometimes bigger things like heroin. I find myself in a constant state of minor withdrawal because of weekly use. Its nothing bad, but when I dont have opiates, my body lets me know.

Let me just add I havent thrown up from alchohol in years, let alone the amounts im about to mention. The past 4, maybe even 5 times I've drank, I have thrown up. I mean thrown up! So bad that my throat hurts the next day. The other night I only had about 8-9 beers which isn't much for me, and as soon as I went to lay down, I threw up. That is when it always hits me, right when I lay down in bed. Never before that.

I'm wondering if withdrawing from opiates can mean that I have weaker stomache when it comes to alchohol.

PS. I never throw up from opiate withdrawal or even have nausea.

It is possible that because you are nauseous from WD that alcohol use on top of that can yield more vomiting.

As for your throat hurting the next morning, this may have something to do with the nature of opiate WD and alcohol use both yielding dehydration. That, and the extra triggering of the vomit response.

Hope this helped. Any other questions?

About your throat hurting, do you make sure to rinse out your mouth and garggle and shit after you puke?
If not, the acid in your vomit could be eroding your esophagus

yes, i have acid reflux, most likely caused from a past heroin/alcohol addiction and lots of vomiting. really scarred up my throat. Also, lying down is the most conducive way for stomach acid to 'rise up' as it were.

personally when i was withdrawing my stomach became very weak, to the point of not being able to hold down meals. this was for a large heroin addiction though, but i wouldnt be surprised if this was the case with you as well. also, alcohol can greatly increase stomach acid, perhaps try eating more carbs right before you drink (just an idea, dont know if it would apply to you).

I used to have this problem back when I was heavily addicted to opiates physically and mentally. Every time I would drink, I would wake up the next morning and puke stomach bile for several hours. It really scared the hell out of me and I quit getting drunk. I suggest you quit drinking and taking opiates, but I know that's easier said than done. Not to mention the fact that it's extremely dangerous.

I used to have this problem back when I was heavily addicted to opiates physically and mentally. Every time I would drink, I would wake up the next morning and puke stomach bile for several hours. It really scared the hell out of me and I quit getting drunk. I suggest you quit drinking and taking opiates, but I know that's easier said than done. Not to mention the fact that it's extremely dangerous.

No, I don't drink on opiates. Usually when I drink its after being off opiates for several days.

So you think it because of nausea that already exists from the wd? Like I said, I usually don't feel any nausea from wd. These are only minor wds nothing crazy. My wds are from small doses and use. They just include symptoms like insomnia, mild anxiety, headache and bathroom probs. I have yet to throw up from any sort of wd.

It makes sense though, I have definitaly decided that wd has somethin to do with it.

^ I've never thrown up because of opiate withdrawal before, but opiate withdrawal could be the culprit. I should have made my post clearer, I got to a point where I would throw up even if I didn't get high that day. I'm not a big fan of opiates and booze. I can only recall one time of being high on opiates and choosing to get drunk. I love drinking a beer or two while high on opiates though, I'm just not a big drinker anymore. I used to drink and do a lot of stupid shit, and now I will only drink in social situations when I know I have friends to make sure I don't do anything stupid.

The only time I throw up from withdrawl is when I have runny nose. About the 100th time the fluid upsets my stomach. Doesnt happen all the time but on occasion it would.

heres a though: anytime i'm on opiates with a real good high going i seem to chain smoke cigarettes like theres no tomorrow. then it never fails that i will throw up after smoking 3 or 4 back to back. prolly too much nicotine mixed with too much opiates i.e. Vicodin Lortab Dillies etc. anybody else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.