film: The House of the Devil

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JoeTheStoner

Bluelighter
The_House_of_the_Devil.jpg

movie about a broke college student taking a babysitting job to pay rent. its directed to make it look like its from the 80's, i thought the director did a good job at this. i was loving every minute until the ending...
NSFW:
typical inescapable situation, people to easily killed off then she lives after a self inflicted gun shot @ point blank when the son used the same gun it blew her friends head clean off ?
still it was entertaining. good directing, samantha (jocelin donahue) very pretty, and the music was excellent. worth checking out imo

trailer

film: house of the devil

I just saw House of the Devil and I must say, I'm impressed. it is a horror film based on santanism (good) that builds up in a very Hitchcockian manner (great) with a pace that Roman Polanski would drool over (excellent). don't let the title fool you, as although it was made on a lower budget - it is not very close to a B type horror movie.

if you are a fan of Rosemary's Baby, then I would most certainly reccomend this movie to you.

has anybody else seen it? I was pleasantly surprised. I think I will give it two and a half stars because of it chilling, throwback pace. the only detriment to the movie is that it never truly introduces anything new (to me, at least) and the mother in the attic could have been a bit more creepier

I could have sworn joe the stoner made a thread on this already. Anyways, I liked it once it got going, but that took forever, and the good didn't last long. I'd have liked it more as a short nostalgia film, especially considering, as you said, that it it doesn't do anything new, just does the old better than the old.

Really great film. I'm a complete sucker for both horror films & genre savvy ones (I also loved Shutter Island).

the only detriment to the movie is that it never truly introduces anything new

I think you're missing the point a bit. :)