• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 2.11.09 - Stressed housewives turn to cocaine abuse

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Stressed housewives turn to cocaine abuse

By Jackie Sinnerton and Paula Doneman

The Courier-Mail

November 01, 2009 12:00pm

COCAINE use has filtered down from the socialites to suburbia, with a new report showing "stressed-out housewives" in some affluent suburbs have become regular users.

Ahead of the release of new findings from Queensland's Crime and Misconduct Commission on illicit drugs, intelligence director Chris Keen confirmed that cocaine use "is more prevalent over a wider range of demographics".

A police source also told The Sunday Mail: "More people are using it, but the more affluent can afford to use it more often."

The police source said cocaine is no longer a wealthy socialite's drug and is widely embraced across the population.

He said it currently costs $350 for a gram of cocaine as opposed to ecstasy, which costs about $40 a tablet.

The latest data adds fuel to the reports that the over-stretched well-heeled middle classes are turning to the stimulant to "power them up" over hectic weekends.

"Sadly there is less stigma now associated with drug-taking," Mr Keen said.

"Recreational drug use has become very normalised.

"Cocaine is no longer reserved for millionaires and rock stars."

Drug Arm counsellor Richard Norman said it was no surprise that cocaine is becoming more accepted in the suburbs.

"I could see how stressed-out, middle-class housewives would single out cocaine to help them perform better at work, look after a family and house and still have the energy to party," he said.

"While cocaine is expensive, it is not out of reach for the middle classes with two incomes."

Figures from the 2007 National Drug Strategy Household Survey showed that cocaine use doubled between 2004 and 2007 and the new CMC figures look set to reveal further rises.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26289585-421,00.html

This isn't news. they churn out this sort of page filler about once a week.
I would like to know where their stats about a rise in housewifes using cocaine comes from. didn't see a reference in the article.
i would say the price is still prohibitive for the vast majority of people.

They rolled this one out last year except the title was "housewives turn to meth"

I'd love to see "house wives turn to alcohol" oh wait, alcohol use is socially acceptable so its not a "news" story.

LOL verybuffed I do remember reading an article about housewives turning to meth last year. It is funny they have absolutely no source for why they are saying housewives are using cocaine, this article is just utter garbage really.

it's the kind of believable nonsense that plays into all our favourite stereotypes

actually, samseria, if memory serves me correctly, then i recollect that 3 weeks ago that the sunday mail did a 'story' on alcohol- related dui incidents and the consequent health risks..oh fuck it, point is that samseria is a douche and so is psycotaco

Recreational drug use has become very normalised.

That's because information is more freely available and people are realising drugs aren't the boogey men they're made out to be! Gogo!

This thread is funny. Id give it to a hot housewife :D Id make her day be very nice everyday :)

Come to think of it, Sound like the kind of housewive I want too :p

Come home on the lunch break, have a few lines, have a quickie and then back to work. Would certainly make the day easier to get through ;)

nothing is sexier than a women that does coke
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Sorry - I beg to differ. To me, there's nothing sexy about a coked-up, pissed fiending woman (housewife or no) - and I've seen a few - their mouths let them down. In fact they're often quite tragic.

Sorry - I beg to differ. To me, there's nothing sexy about a coked-up, pissed fiending woman (housewife or no) - and I've seen a few - their mouths let them down. In fact they're often quite tragic.

You are pulling a media trick and blanketing everyone who uses illicit drugs as a drug-crazy fiend who never knows when to stop :\

You're forgetting about the sex-crazy maniacs who don't even need the cocaine in the first place. They are the ones to look out for ;)

It's all about how you handle it...

You are pulling a media trick and blanketing everyone who uses illicit drugs as a drug-crazy fiend who never knows when to stop :\

Media trick? 8) pfft.

I was thinking of some specific instances. I've just never seen cocaine use without alcohol, but maybe that's just me.

Ive been thinking about this lately and been wondering every single girl that loves sex will also love drugs if they dont already. Thats how i know when to hide my drug usage if i have to haha

Anyone agree?

well, when it comes to the crunch.... you just gotta love to get fucked

metaphorically or otherwise speaking

one thing's for sure: I fucken ache for it! =D
cock moreso than coke as a matter or fact!

on nom nom. meat n taters ftw! hehehehehehehehehehehe

plus everyone knows married people don't have sex. therein lies the problem!!!!!!

well, when it comes to the crunch.... you just gotta love to get fucked

metaphorically or otherwise speaking

one thing's for sure: I fucken ache for it! =D
cock moreso than coke as a matter or fact!

on nom nom. meat n taters ftw! hehehehehehehehehehehe

plus everyone knows married people don't have sex. therein lies the problem!!!!!!

stop talkin dirty to me or i will fall in love with you
and why should you have to chose you should have both cock and coke