Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

dexamphetamine vs ecstasy

suspecteg

Bluelighter
hey guys, sorry if this has been covered i searched up dexamphetamine , dexy, etc but the results were full of information relating to sincere attention deficit disorder patients.

I have experimented with ecstasy and dexamphetamine; ecstasy numerous times over the last 2 years. I am 18 by the way. I probably take around 2 - 5 tablets every two months so i wouldnt say im the abusive type. I have taken dexamphetamine twice; once popped two at a club while drinking and i had a blast of a night, felt confident, in control, euphoric and articulate (or smooth with the ladies so to speak). My other experience with dexamphetime has been with studying. Although i dont have any chronic concentration issues i popped one last week because i had an assignment due the next night and heard everyone at uni is popping these things. I am pretty sure it helped me concentrate, although im not sure, perhaps it was a placebo effect.

My questions to you guys are;

Are dexy's detrimental to my health because i am not suffering from ADD/ADHD?

Is it inadvisable to take dexy's with alcohol?

I presume it is safer to take dexy's than ecstasy, and if so how often could i safely take dexys when going out? (to better phrase that; popping two eccies a month would have similar detrimental effects on my body as popping (x) dexy's) ... lol sorry if this makes me sound like a douche. but yeah i know i will be popping on big night's and just want to be more aware about all this stuff because id rather just take ecstasy if dexy's are equally or more harmful to me.

Thanks.

Well first of all its probably helpful to understand that Dexamphetmaine and Ecstacy (assuming ur lucky manage to find an MDMA pill) target different neurotransmitters, hence the different effect between the two.
Dexies - main effect is on dopamine - these are your "reward" neurotransmitters, its easier to concentrate on mundane tasks (like studying) when u've had a couple of dex because your brain is full of dopamine, it feels rewarded for doing stuff it normally wouldnt like.

Ecstacy - releases serotonin, this is your loved up, feel good neurotranmitter. It is responsible for happiness, well being etc. Lack of serotonin is thought to be a cause of depression.

Both drugs release the neurotransmitters into the synapse, so therefore there is bound to be some recovery time required for the reserves of either dopamine or serotonin to be replenished

Just a bit of background so you know whats going on.

On to your questions

1. Are dexies detrimental to your health

Technically yes, but if your doses are relatively low and you are not taking them very regularly then the damage to your physical health is going to be almost minuscule. You might want to watch out for psychological dependence. If you begin to use them more and more to do assignments/exams, you might come to think you cant do the work without them and will end up wasting more and more time sourcing the drugs and could potneitally lead to harder drugs eg. METH. Take them for long enough and your dopamine system downregulates in your frontal cortex, you could potentially give yourself ADD like behavoiour issues.

I am prescribed 60mgs of dex a day so if thats okay to be prescribed then i assume its not going to kill me. I do take regular breaks tho, because it does place your body under constant stress and this will show up in things like bad skin, coarse hair. etc.

2. Dexies and alcohol
Depends, dexies are metabolised in your liver, so is alcohol. Both at the same time will put your liver under more stress = bigger hang over. But its not going to kill you. You will find that drinking with dexies, you wont feel as drunk, so you need to drink even more to get pissed. I very rarely drink anyway so i cant really help much on subjective experiences.

3. How often

Dexies are nowhere near as harsh on your body as X. As long as your not downing stupid amounts of Dex, you could just swallow em and forget about it. With X you have to be careful, much more chance of overheating, potential neurotoxicity etc. Ecstacy you need time to recover from. I wouldnt recommend doing X more than once every two weeks and even then i would advocate a longer break in there. Ecstacy was never really my DoC so im just going on what my mates would do. Ecstacy definitely more harsh on your body, plus Dexies are phamaceutical quality so you know what you're getting.

Ha. Reading over this sounds like im sales rep for Sigma Phamaceuticals try to get everybody on the D-train. Wasnt sposed to come out that way, but really, you need to take A LOT of 5mg pills to do yourself some serious harm

ahhh i see, thanks that was quite helpful.
If anybody has more details regarding the alcohol and dexy's i would also really appreciate it.
- also i hear that ecstasy 'fries' your brain, and this is why you feel so scattered the next day. Is this correct and do dexy's have the same effect?

ahhh i see, thanks that was quite helpful.
If anybody has more details regarding the alcohol and dexy's i would also really appreciate it.
- also i hear that ecstasy 'fries' your brain, and this is why you feel so scattered the next day. Is this correct and do dexy's have the same effect?

The problem with Ecstasy is these days you have no idea what you are getting. They quite often contain Methamphetamine, Piperazines as well as other related cousins to MDMA like MDEA which gives the same effects minus the euphoria, pretty dumb. However, it tricks your average punter. Pills are doing damage to you but used sensibly and only once every 3 months you can reduce damage quite a bit.

Dexy's are still going to have a negative effect on your brain but they are pharmaceutical grade, you know what you are getting and it's 100% clean minus the fillers and binders used to hold the pill together.
It wouldn't be advisable to take these very often either though as they will do damage and can be addictive.

Ok thanks alot guys, your information was really helpful.
I have begun to research the scientific background behind your statements; if anybody has anything to add feel free to go ahead.

Thanks.

All I would say is to watch your alcohol intake when taking either of theses drugs. As was said you don't feel it as much and can end up drinking more than you planned. This can lead to black outs and you don't remember half your night as well as adding to the hangover the next day.

That being said I do quite enjoy having a drink or two with my amphetamines.

And just to reiterate, this stuff is just as addictive as "street" drugs so don't think just because a chemist sells it, it's not bad in the long term.

Dexamphatamine plus ecstasy makes my mind feel like it's torn between two places, like a horrible rollercoaster that never ends, feels shit and can't properly get high.
Dexamphatamine plus alcohol makes me a happy drunk, but have to drink more to get rid of the soberness that the amphetamine creates, gives me an awful headache in the morning, and end up thinking last night was shit.

^
I love dropping a few dexies with my pills (Es), not so much anymore because I value my brain more these days. But still, feels great, just really not good for your head (mixing mdma and amps that is). Hell, I enjoy dexies while on acid. And as others have said, drinking on dexies is pretty fun, takes alot to get drunk.

The dexies and ecstasy are only going to be detrimental to your health if you start to abuse them. MDMA requires a few weeks to restore your serotonin levels and would be more damaging on the mind if abused then dex-amphetamine which just relys on dopamine. Dex-amphetamine can be used daily for short periods at low doses quite safely. So I guess there is a higher risk with MDMA. Although dex-amp would be much more addictive.

Dexies on acid?

That would be interesting. Combining anything with LSD seems whack to me.

@ Jakeperson

^I only did it with a low dose of acid, still enough to get the walls breathing though. And I honestly love the combo... so euphoric. Could be a disaster for other people I realise though. But I love speed and psychedelics, aslong as the speed doesn't run out so that you won't start feeling sketch whilst tripping still.

MDMA mixes really nicely with LSD too Jake, but you know that. And nangs (nitrous) on LSD can produce some crazy fucking shit lol.

I see what you mean though about combining LSD with anything seeming whack though, as LSD is such a powerful, dominating drug in itself. This is why I tend to use low doses just enough for mild visuals and that acid headspace if I'm going to mix it up.

If I want to delve deeper with acid and dose higher I much prefer to just take it on its own, I'd agree with you there. Comedowns are a different story though :D

I can kinda see how it would be good. Meth gives me way too much anxiety, dexies I could do I think. Just can't imagine how it would feel haha.

Yeah I don't think I can handle any kind of come down without help any more.

I'm yet to try the MDMA + LSD combo due to the shortage of MDMA.

Imagine tripping on acid normally... but those acid-thoughts sped up slightly more, with an added 'push' to them and an increased euphoric buzz, with increased confidence/socialness and reduced tripping anxiety. Takes your head to some incredible places. Visuals seem to 'speed' up strangely and become more ordered and rigid. Your tripping, but now at warp-speed, though amps actually tend to calm me down. All depends on how much acid you eat and how much speed you do too though. Makes the trip more manic and a little crazy too, but I love that, I like to play on the edge of sanity. I think I'm in a minority here, liking this combination, and I do tend to get a thrill out of that "I am insane" acid feeling. ONLY in the right setting though.

One interesting effect of relatively high daily doses dexies I have noticed is that it has totally ruined meth for me.

When i went off my ADD meds a few years back (and even before actually hehe) i used to love a pipe or two every now and then. Not massive doses, just enough to cut through the brain fog and get that kind of "Milk Plus" sort of sharpness, for those who know what im talking about.

Until a week ago i hadnt bothered with shards for about 2years but the quality that was offered last weekend was too good to say no. This was great gear but after one or two bowls left me tired as all hell. Ended up having to go through a whole lot more to get any aleartness. The way my mates were getting off on it made me think it wasnt the quality either.

What i think has happened is that due to the d's, my dopamine system has down regulated massively but left my serotonin intact. So a couple of pipes that would normally cause a massive efflux of both dopamine and serotonin into the synapses, now releases serotonin only (or more correctly a much greater serotonin:dopamine ratio) giving a whacked out loved up effect rather than the sort of numb, intensely focused high i was used to.

THis really pissed me off, cos i like the goey every now and then. Hahaha oh well

^
Were you taking high doses of dexies daily to cause that you think? How long were you doing that for and was that through a doctor or blackmarket.

Its prescribed. 60mg daily.

Started with ritalin when i was 8, got switched to dex when i was 13. I came off them when i left school a few years back. Went back on them just over 2 years ago. So its about 2years worth of current tolerance + about 2years of partying before that :) + 10 years worth of residual childhood before that.

I was very surprised at this but i have done a bit of reading around, found a couple of reports of ppl saying that they've seen hard core addicts falling asleep after smoking up grams. Even allowing for the bs factor, this is quite disenchanting. Like i said, i dont think it was the quality of the gear. I'd never felt like that before. Pretty safe bet that the dopamine receptors in my brain are down regulated. The serotonin stuff is just my theory, seems plausible but i could be massively wrong.

^ Its a pretty interesting theory that you have there, when you think about it though it does make sense but I am no scientist.

To the OP I believe dexies are a lot better for you than street "ecstasy", if you are smart with either and use them occassionally in moderate doses then realistically neither is likely to do you much harm. There are a lot more variables when it comes to "ecstasy" that can go wrong however where with dexies you know exactly what you are taking.

Just be careufl to the OP, as I too was once 18 like you (now 19), tolerance to dexies = increased amounts of drugs taken = serious overdose = severe medical/psychological issues approximately 9-10 months later down in the track of life = not fun anymore = this leads to dexies being taken away from you, after being admitted to hospital, by your parents after realizing that you couldnt speak anymore (i believe that the correct term is actually Speech Aphasia or Dysarthria = Life sucks and then some = not being able to function on a day to day basis!

I know this isnt relevant but dex make me want to kill myself, scariest 6 hours ever.