• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

anxiety and depression

scantraxx

Bluelighter
can you have the same highs with life without taking drugs? like if i was to beat the problems im facing will life have the same highs drugs can make you feel? without actually having them? its as if im scared that if it beat this life wont be as action packed as drugs can be, i kinda needa see the light at the other end of the tunnel but is this light going to be bright enough to sustain happiness?

or have i simply forgotten happiness? is being happy just what i need to get so that i can beat this shit, but is happiness enough?

as you can tell that is really confusing but someone might make sense of it please reply!

what do you mean by "beat the problem im facing"? sounds like its drug related. personally the "highs from life" are different than a hit of crack or a shot of heroin (or whatever your pleasure). falling in love has always been a better 'high' than heroin for me. the problem with drugs is the crash, highs are great but it never lasts. when i was addicted to heroin i feel i actually kinda forgot how to be happy without dope. it wasnt until i got clean that i could get joy over the small things in life. before that the only thing that interested me was that next bag. when it was really bad all i could think about was how simple things used to be, how happy i was as a child. but i dunno.

maybe you wanna expand on what you mean a bit, you will most likely get some more responses.

good luck
-doat

and remember there are many helpful means out there. friends, family, psychology, drugs (as in ssris and such if you feel you need them), etc. its pretty easy to forget that people out there want to help. do some volunteer work, helping others is the same as helping yourself.

I suffer from anxiety, depression, and mild panic disorder and I tried doing it naturally for 20 years and it only got much much much worse for me. It started out with just being a very mild social anxiety where it wasn't really that bad, I was just very shy. In the past three years it's gotten so bad I have had panic attacks, chest pains, severe social anxiety, mild depression, mild panic disorder.

It depends on how severe your anxiety and depression are. You really should talk to your doctor about all the options available and what would be best for you.

I wasn't able to do it naturally any longer but there ARE people who can with diet change and methods to ward off anxiety attacks. Like breathing and stuff. I have seen stuff on the web about it.

Like I said though, Consult a phsycian before treating anything or getting off medications and such.

Good Luck.