Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside drug testing and dexamphetamine

shtonkalot

Bluelighter
Just trying to get a definite answer to a question no authority has been able to give me.
I take 22.5mg of dexamphetamine daily as prescribed by my psych.
Will this show up on a roadside drug test?
No one has been able to give me a definite answer, My doc reckons it probably will, the cop I asked said he doesn't think so and I just spent 1/2 our at the RTA with someone on the phone to their medical unit, they didn't know either.

There must be thousands of drivers on the road daily with dex in their system legally. I thought it would be easier to get an answer.

Second thing I guess then is if it does or may show what would happen? I'm in NSW but I do plan to be driving around QLD and VIC in the near future.
I keep an empty bottle of dex in the car with my details on it but I assume if I was to test positive the cops wouldn't just say 'it's ok he's prescribed' and let me drive on.
My concern is I'll be driving away from home with my kids in the car and I'll end up getting hauled to the cop station while they figure it out.

So can anyone give me a definite on the testing? If it won't show it's nothing to worry about. If so any advice on what would then need to be done would be great.

I'm not sure if normal amphetamine shows up on their test as its not so commonly used as an illicit substance in australia - and moreover, it wouldnt make any difference seeing as you have a legitimate prescription, so i fail to see what you're worried about?

it wouldnt make any difference seeing as you have a legitimate prescription, so i fail to see what you're worried about?

I'm worried about being stopped late at night away from friends and family with my kids in the car and having the cops haul me to the station to figure it all out.
I can't keep my script with me, dex scripts have to be kept at the pharmacy, at least in NSW.
Are they just going to believe that I'm ok to go even if I test positive? I assume there is a strict process to be followed by the police and I doubt showing them my bottle of dex would get around that process.

I'm really after direct answers to the 2 questions I asked.
Can it show on the test? What happens if it does show?

IT SHOWS UP IN PRELIM.
Before something like a blood test is taken make sure you show them your dexxy bottle with your name on it. They cant blood test you after this and if they did complain and take them to court.

I'm not sure if normal amphetamine shows up on their test as its not so commonly used as an illicit substance in australia - and moreover, it wouldnt make any difference seeing as you have a legitimate prescription, so i fail to see what you're worried about?

DUDE, In Victoria PSEUDO shows up

yes, d-amp can definitely produce a positive test. The NSW branch of ADDults with ADHD release guidance for this exact situation a year or so ago.
From memory they advised carrying a letter from your pdoc stating what meds you take and what dosage along with an empty bottle with your name clearly labled.
Might be worth while to contact them to see if this advice has recently been revised.
http://www.add.org.au/

Thank you Rolls for the info and a big thanks to filenet. I'll check up with them for sure but that is great info.

theres a delete button in Edit post :)
You and mods see it but no one else will

theres a delete button in Edit post :)
You and mods see it but no one else will
Thanks for that.
Your post doesn't make much sense now so maybe you'll want to delete it too.. But then this one won't and I'll have to delete it too! What have I done!?

go to your local police station and let them know that you are a legit user of the medication, Ask if you can be put on their computer system as a legit user of Dexamphetamine. Remember to take a letter from your doctor explaining why you are perscribed the DEX.

if you are pulled over and tested and you show positive to amphetamine it will show on their records that you are a legit user of dex.

a few years ago the police tried to arrest me for trafficking, because i had my meds in my bag in the bottle, and the stupid police thought they were ecstasy. i was handcuffed and taken to the police station, My parents had to drive up there to explain that i was a legit user taking them for ADHD. I was then released.

it was a horrible experience,

I suggest you get registered in their records soon as a legit user.

Has anyone had either Duromine or Ritalin show up on a roadie test?

methylphenidate isnt included in standard drug test and won't show up however duromine being a PEA may show up as an amphetamine type

my uncle being a truck driver dosed duramine constantly to keep himself awake. Got pulled over once and drug tested and gave a positive reading. That was only part of his problem though after they decided it was a good idea to search his truck. To my understanding he wasn't under the influence of anything else but with his history i wouldn't take his word to heart. It's a bit contradictory i know, but i would say that there is most chance of having a positive reading, especially given it's chemical structure