• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Best things to eat/natural remedies for diarrhea?

eDDe9

Bluelighter
No local chemists open to buy immodiim.
Got a stomach bug and I'm absolutely starving after eating nearly sod all yesterday.

Water and dry toast the best? Not exactly appetizing.

Increase Your Body's Metabolism

No local chemists open to buy immodiim.
Got a stomach bug and I'm absolutely starving after eating nearly sod all yesterday.

Water and dry toast the best? Not exactly appetizing.

The best thing to eat when someone has diarrhea are foods high in potassium like apples and bananas since the potassium level in the human body depletes when someone has diarrhea. But too much of anything is bad so you have to regulate it with water. 1 glass of water for every 20 lbs of your total body weight. Also drink gatorade or coconut water so as to replenish the loss fluids and electrolytes in your body. As what I've also learned from my health coach and expert Christopher Guerriero -- achieving an increase performance of your metabolism doesn't only aid you in loosing weight but also, allows the body to recuperate. I'm positive that you can learn more from him. Good luck!

Bland food is good. Rice, apples, bread and cheese (unless you have a lactose or casein intolerance in which case avoid dairy). Walnuts and other astringent and drying foods are good. Avoid coffee and tea and chocolate and alcohol.

Charcoal can help with the runs. Activated charcoal is best but you can used burnt wood as long as you only use the black stuff. The white powder is toxic.

Do you think you have an infection or do you have a chronic health problem like irritable bowel or inflammatory bowel conditions?

Just had a stomach bug, nothing serious and all better now.
Just thought it was better to flush my system instead of keeping it in with immodium.

Yep save the immodium for when you disparately need it... eg having to go down town or something. Otherwise let nature "run" its course. Probiotics will also help to restore some order in the gut flora