• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Missed Shot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OXY_Chronicles

Bluelighter
I"ve been banging for about 4 Years now, and only missed Twice on shots, first being a oxy and the second being 4 days ago being a morphine. The oxy swelled up alittle and hurt for about 2 days then went away, but the morphine is doing the same, but its been 4 days now, there is no redness or nothing just a lump and pain.

So my question is there a difference in morphine and oxy when dealing with missed shots? Does morphine take longer to heal then oxy?

there is really no difference except maybe a differnence in binders and fillers

Well it depends what tissue you shot into I imagine, I'm not that versed on missed shots but I know morphine is administered subcutaneously. If it was intramuscular, I'm not sure, we'll have to wait for someone else to chime in.

About 10 days ago i missed a little bit of suboxone (very stupid) directly on my wrist, and now i realize its directly over the tendons/ligaments right past the arm bone, in the little crease where the wrist bends. Definitely no infection or anything of the sort, but when it happened there was pain to bend forward or back far, which subsided, and it has returned in the past 3-4 days. Should i apply heat constantly? And should i avoid the painful movements? My theory is that the very little (under 5 units) of the shot had some nasty stuff, and my body reacted by creating calcium deposits or something of the sort around the mini-particles. (was double cotton filtered). So it hurts when nerves/ligaments get pushed against them. Think this will go away?? It doesnt hurt much to manually bend it with the other hand, but if something causes the ligaments to tighten (actually flexing back or forth), there is pain. Ex: pushups. Thanks!

About 10 days ago i missed a little bit of suboxone (very stupid) directly on my wrist, and now i realize its directly over the tendons/ligaments right past the arm bone, in the little crease where the wrist bends. Definitely no infection or anything of the sort, but when it happened there was pain to bend forward or back far, which subsided, and it has returned in the past 3-4 days. Should i apply heat constantly? And should i avoid the painful movements? My theory is that the very little (under 5 units) of the shot had some nasty stuff, and my body reacted by creating calcium deposits or something of the sort around the mini-particles. (was double cotton filtered). So it hurts when nerves/ligaments get pushed against them. Think this will go away?? It doesnt hurt much to manually bend it with the other hand, but if something causes the ligaments to tighten (actually flexing back or forth), there is pain. Ex: pushups. Thanks!

There's a thread called IV Complications Mega Thread you can visit for future inquiries Dr. Pepper (I have a feeling you were looking for that thread), but I think I know what you're talking about.

This has happened twice with me, and it can even happen without missing your shot. I would avoid using this area of the wrist for injections.

It took a long time for the light sensitivity to heal, but the inflammation went down within a day or two at the longest.

I think you will be fine if you don't have an abscess from the missed shot. My wrists have since healed and are as good as new.

You can re-post this in the IV Complications Mega Thread, but I'm going to close this thread as it's old and if I merge it into the mega thread the posts may disappear or not appear in sequential order.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions
CH

Closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.