• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Making Dexedrine feel like Ritalin?

TallStack

Greenlighter
Hi all. I've been prescribed both Ritalin and Dexedrine for ADHD on a trial basis, but it has come to a time where I must choose only one.

I find the mildly jittery yet calming, unbreakable focusing effect of Ritalin best for studying for exams--unfortunately, the effect is so strong that it kills my ability to socialize. Conversational responses rarely go beyond "yes" and "no", showing emotion is impossible, and I snub party invitations in favor of studying for exams due months away. Roommates that I should've bonded with in the beginning of the year thought I was a socially retarded jackass by the end.

Dexedrine had some opposite effects--it was more hyped and happy, free of all robotic jitters of Ritalin. Talking was a non-issue and my emotions were spared. On the downside: while it did improve focus, it was nowhere close to Ritalin. I'd catch myself in daydreams during lectures. Someone coughing up a storm in the library never phases my concentration in the midst of a Ritalin buzz--not so much with Dexedrine. I'd still get shit done, though not as efficiently as I would with Ritalin. If I had to choose only one to take for a balance of work and play, it'd be Dex, hands down.

Now to the point: It'd be nice to use Dex as a clean upper-focuser on most days and a hardcore focuser during exam time. Is it possible to combine Dexedrine with a non-prescription drug (ephedrine?) to reproduce the mildly anxious yet calming/emotionally blunting effects of Ritalin that make it so much better for hitting the books?

Why not try adderall?

Its the best of both worlds for me. Gives me that uppity feeling of dex, with the focus of the ritalin.

I used to like dex because of its social benefits, until my grades started plummeting. Then I switched back to adderall and its all good now.

I've never tried either of those stimulants, but I would go with dexedrine over Adderall in a heartbeat based solely on everyone's experiences with dexedrine on BL.

^ Yup I agree. The main ingrediant in adderall is dextroamphetamine. The other is levoamphetamine, which has not been clinicly proven to have any theraputic value, and is responsible for alot of the side affects in adderall

Adderall was toxic to me when I was on it, couldn't barely eat at all, trouble sleeping, and I just couldn't take it, so I stopped taking my ADD meds and I fluttered throughout the next year of college.

I was prescribed Dexedrine early this year when school started, and to be honest I was astonished, it controlled my ADD nicely, gave me motivation and concentration with almost none of the side effects I would get with Adderall, and to a less extent Ritalin, and now even less with Dexedrine.
It is so much cleaner, and I'm convinced my body just doesn't agree with levoamphetamine at all, it was pretty much responsible for ALL of the side-effects I experienced. Truly amazing.
I still don't take it much as I don't like stimulants at all (I'm an opioid man ;) ), but it's great to have available when I need it for school :)

-TheMatador

I find this really odd. Cuz most ppl would find the dexedrine much more stimulating and really good for paying attentiona nd doing work. But I guess Since Dex can get you higher it has the ability at a point to have a negative effect on your attention.

I have been on both and for my ADHD AND ADD I found dexedrin far more superior. And im not just saying that becaus its a much better high.

Dexedrine only worked for me the first few months. Adderall had way more side effects, but that adrenaline-type effect is exactly WHY it got me motivated to do shit.

Dex for fun, Addy for getting shit done. But, now I'm trying my last year without any stims at all. I want to prove to myself that I can somehow will myself to change in this regard.

Take less dexedrine than you were, and you should experience less euphoria and social savvy whilst being stimulated enough to focus. It's a pretty powerful compound. I'm prescribed 10mg IR tablets; when I want that recreation, I take 10mg. When I need to study with a stimulating undercurrent, I take 5mg. Easy as pie, and fortunate, because for me methylphenidate was shit and adderall was a mess as well.

~ vaya

Go with the Dexedrine ,I have been on both Ritalin(which sucked for me,it made me drowsy even in high doses),and Dexdrine which actually helped me focus and I was not getting sleepy after 2 hours like on Ritalin..

For me dexedrine is a good social drug for school and such ocassions. Ritalin for the study sessions.

^ Yup I agree. The main ingrediant in adderall is dextroamphetamine. The other is levoamphetamine, which has not been clinicly proven to have any theraputic value, and is responsible for alot of the side affects in adderall

The four active ingredients of adderall are two dextro-amphetamine salts, and two racemic amphetamine salts.