• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bruising for no reason

Sweet P

Bluelighter
I've been constantly getting these yellow bruises (mainly on my arms and legs), and I have no idea what's causing them. I'm probably the most inactive person around, so I'm definitely not getting hurt by doing physical activities. I don't IV drugs, so that can't be to blame either. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

It could be a number of things hun. It's definitely something you should get checked out with your doctor though, if you can, because it could indicate an underlying medical problem.

I went through a phase last year of bruising really easily as well, and I saw my doctor about it. She ordered me some blood tests but I never got around to actually doing them, and eventually the bruising just stopped on its own.

If you can't get to a doctor, increase your consumption of red meat and green leafy vegetables and see if that helps.

^ Good advice. I think I'll mention it to my doc when I see him at the end of the month.

I've been a bit worried that it could be a liver problem, or an immune deficiency.

Liver problems and immune deficiencies are a possible cause but pretty unlikely. It could be an iron deficiency (much more likely) or a clotting issue (again, not very likely) or perhaps something else.

So yep, definitely mention it to your doc when you see him next! <3

^ Erm... every so often. ;)

But the bruises seem to appear even when I don't have sexy times. Very odd.

Do you drink a lot of alcohol? Overdoing the juice prevents formation of clotting factors by the liver and leads to excessive bruising. I'm mentioning this since we're on bluelight, but it's unlikely unless you're an alcoholic. It's more likely that it's an iron deficiency like n3ophy7e mentioned. However, there are a myriad of other possible explanations. Get it checked out for sure.

Do you drink a lot of alcohol? Overdoing the juice prevents formation of clotting factors by the liver and leads to excessive bruising. I'm mentioning this since we're on bluelight, but it's unlikely unless you're an alcoholic. It's more likely that it's an iron deficiency like n3ophy7e mentioned. However, there are a myriad of other possible explanations. Get it checked out for sure.

No, I actually don't drink much alcohol at all. Meth and benzos are my main vices. It could be an iron deficiency like n3o mentioned... my diet isn't great, and I have other symptoms of iron deficiency like pale skin, fatigue, etc. My doc will probably request some blood tests when I see him, so I'll soon find out!

i used to get this and i am hepC positive
but it turned out to be that my blood sugar was high and i was very dehydrated - you might also drink a couple of liters of water a day - it won't hurt :)