• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

using naproxen(aleve) and dextromethorphan(dxm) for opiate potentiation

bang that shit

Bluelighter
I already made a topic like this but it was closed and I was told to look in the opiate potentiation thread to find an answer. I looked and found nothing in the thread for aleve (wasnt even mentioned once) and no real answer if dxm will do anything at 30mg like the topic I linked said. So im making this topic now, as I need a response semi soon.

I got the info you might be able to potentiate with aleve and dxm from this topic http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=460329&highlight=aleve+opiate+potentiation

Naproxen would be good if you had pain as that's what thy mean by potentiation, analgesia. And as far as I know DXM in low doses daily help keep tolerence down a little, but have no firsthand knowledge myself.

You should probably PM a mod before making a second thread when the first was closed

^I dont think it will help for that..

do you get into a emotional wreck on dxm?

Naproxen aint going to aleviate your emotional pain; it will aid the opiates in analgesia, that's all.

The DXM lowers your tolerance, it doesn't actually potentiate. Take 45mg about an hour before you dose and then you can take slightly less than your normal dose (if you normally take 30mg oxy, you will probably be able to get off on 20mg or 25mg.) I have done it and it works for me.

As far as Aleve, I don't think that potentiates either, I think it just creates pain-relieving synergy (for physical pain.)

What exactly are you taking that you want to potentiate? I would say take the 45mg DXM and 600mg tagamet or a glass of white grapefruit juice (depending on what your taking) an hour before your dose.

Being an old "user" of Codeine and benzos, I can say that, at least for me, Naproxen smoothly helps the high of Codeine, it just feels "nicer", and 75mg of DXM enhances the power of the opiate Codeine itself a lot.
I also recommend Quinine (not Carisoprodol, I think Carisoprodol fits better with Tramadol), its the best muscle relaxant I felt on Codeine, and dont forget Diphenhydramine after 30' of your Codeine intake. It makes you nod really nice.

So, basically, just 300mg Codeine ,440mg Naproxen, 75mg DXM, 10mg Alprazolam, 250mg Quinine, and 50mg Diphenhydramine its a really nice combo.

this is a really old thread i came across looking for info on using dxm to potentiate, but i think it's in everyone's best interest to point out that 10mg alprazolam (xanax) is QUITE a lot unless you're working with a very high benzo tolerance..i would not recommend this combo to beginners!
Also, if you're not in the states and able to get the 30/300/10 codeine/apap/caffeine combo, 300mg codeine would equal 3000mg tylenol, which is NOT a nice thing to put a liver through! please use a CWE if considering this!

Sorry for bringing up an old thread like this, but what I wanted to post doesn't worth a thread.
Naproxen it's a great drug, it goes well with opiates (from Codeine to Oxycodone), it's very powerful for it's own, and most importantly, it isn't *too* hard on the liver for being powerful.
After some months, I have found another plus too. If you happen to take Gabapentin or Pregabalin (Lyrica), even 250mg of Naproxen increases the other drug's bioavailability by like a 25~35%. At first I didn't believe it, but it's true.
A box of Lyrica can last almost twice being taken together with a Naproxen. This is good both for recreational and non recreational use.

If I take Aleve with the new OxyOP will it help? What about citrus drinks? Thanks.

For pain relief, naproxen may help because it's an NSAID. Citrus drinks not so much.