• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

strange chinese pills

asecin

Bluelighter
i found em while looking for something and its all chinese and i cant understand a word except ingredients it says Oyster shell and Semen Pruni etc.

wtf are those used for ? never heard of such supplement. :\

Those could probably be "brain booster" or "fat burners". We used to have that around my home with two of the ingredients you just mentioned (and a truckload more). Thats probably expired. Throw it out.

Last edited:
what kind of a brain booster ? do u have idea what Semen Pruni is tho

^^^Funny name isnt it? I did a little research...
http://www.tcmbasics.com/materiamedica/semen_pruni.htm

Pharmaceutical Name

Semen pruni

Botanical Name

1. Prunus japonica Thunb.; 2. Prunus humilis Bge.; 3. Prunus tomentosa Thunb.

Common Name

Bush-cherry seed

Source of Earliest Record

Shennong Bencao Jing

Part Used & Method for Pharmaceutical Preparations

The ripe seeds from the fruit are gathered in autumn and dried in the sun. The seeds are then ground in a mortar and pestle.

Properties & Taste

Pungent, bitter and neutral

Meridians

Small and large intestines

Functions

1. To lubricate intestines and move feces; 2. To promote urination and reduce edema

Indications & Combinations

1. Constipation due to dryness in the intestines. Bush-cherry seed (Yuliren) is used with Apricot seed (Xingren), Peach seed (Taoren) and Arborvitae seed (Baiziren) in the formula Wuren Wan. 2. Edema. Bush-cherry seed (Yuliren) is used with Mulberry bark (Sangbaipi), Phaseolus seed (Chixiaodou) and Imperata rhizome (Baimaogen) in the formula Yuliren Tang.

Dosage

5-12 g

Cautions & Contraindications

This herb is contraindicated in cases with depletion of body fluids, or during pregnancy.

Herbs that transform water

These herbs purge water. They cause the discharge of water, together with feces, from the body. Some of these herbs promote urination and are indicated in cases with edema in the limbs, ascites, fullness in the chest and asthma due to phlegm-dampness. These herbs are toxic; overdosing or prolonged administration is very harmful to the health. When symptoms are relieved, the herbs should be stopped.

The pills you have are probably *fat burning* pills (thats how its marketed anyways) !!!
All they really do is make you go to the bathroom more often....at least from my experience ( a long time ago!)

shit its good u told me maria.
i was fucking going to the washroom often but i didnt take em so long just 2-3 days
anyway it seems they are toxic in prolonged time
im pissed off it is not explained in plain english on them what they do tho :/