• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How Long to Wait After Eating to Take Opiates?

ZombieAssassin

Bluelighter
I'm sure it's been asked before, but if you sit down and eat and average size meal how long should you wait before taking any opiates to get the same high you would on an empty stomach?

I'm not looking for a bunch different answers just something straight forward and then this thread can be closed. Thank you. :!

Last edited:
Hm...depends on how much you eat, but my guess would be 30mins-1 hour, so your stomach can empty out/absorb some of the food, however if you snort it, even if you have just ate it would still get in your blood a little faster considering (to my knoledge) its absorbed.

It's going to depend on way too many factors honestly.
Its going to depend on what you ate, was it carb rich? And what kind of carb? Slow or faster burning?
Did the meal have a lot of fiber?
Protein?
fats?

Etc

Honestly, if you're looking to get the same exact high as you would on a COMPLETELY empty stomach, and I mean NOTHING in there.. I'd say wait at least 4-5 hours.
Thats my opinion though.
If I take opiates on a bone dry stomach, I can feel it in 5 minutes tops.
If I have food, even a little, I notice the slow down of absorption.

^ It was 3 pieces of pizza and I ate them at 6:30pm and it's about 10:00pm now, so it's been about 3 1/2 hours. I was thinking maybe 3-4 hours but I guess there is too many deciding factors. Like how fast my metabolism is etc.

I have a bunch of 10/325 norco's. That's what I'll be taking. I'll probably at least take 6, if I take anymore than that like 10 I'll CWE them. I have a decent tolerance to opiates, I can take in the range of 60mg up to around 120mg no problem.

this is something i spent a lot of time on when i was addicted to oxy
mainly because you want to get high as possible off of any given dose and that becomes your number one rule when dosing as an addict

for a while i just waited until i was hungry again and my stomach had probably been empty for an hour or two and decided that was the best way to do it until i started to feel like shit during my high because i hadnt eaten in 6 to 8 hours

honestly i think you can learn to gauge when your stomach is empty enough, if it makes sense to say this, optimally you will wait 1.5-2 hours after your average meal (where you say you'd be hungry again in about 3.5 to 4 hours)

but yeah i spent a ton of time on this sort of thing because for the majority of the year i did oxy i was strictly an oral user. you learn to feel when your stomach is empty enough and when to dose potentiators like cimetidine etc

3.5 hours?
pizza

Yeah, I mean really the best way to judge is how your stomach feels..
If you still feel FULL, then I wouldn't.

You should be good to go pretty soon though if you aren't already.

this is something i spent a lot of time on when i was addicted to oxy
mainly because you want to get high as possible off of any given dose and that becomes your number one rule when dosing as an addict

for a while i just waited until i was hungry again and my stomach had probably been empty for an hour or two and decided that was the best way to do it until i started to feel like shit during my high because i hadnt eaten in 6 to 8 hours

honestly i think you can learn to gauge when your stomach is empty enough, if it makes sense to say this, optimally you will wait 1.5-2 hours after your average meal (where you say you'd be hungry again in about 3.5 to 4 hours)

but yeah i spent a ton of time on this sort of thing because for the majority of the year i did oxy i was strictly an oral user. you learn to feel when your stomach is empty enough and when to dose potentiators like cimetidine etc

^yeah I just want them to hit me hard and fast, I'm not worried about not getting high or anything like that it's just I perfer to do them on an empty stomach if possible. Food slows down the absorption rate and I like to take my opiates orally either swallowed or chewed. I've never been a big fan of railing pills, and obviously I won't be railing the norco's I have cause of the APAP in them.

It's been 4 hours now so I think that will just about do it. Thanks for your answers and suggestions. =D

Yeah I I took them after 4 hours and it was fine. the onset was quick and the high was very good. I probably didn't even have to wait that long, but 4 hours was definitely long enough of a wait. =D

I usually just wait until I feel hungry again... at least 2 hours before I start chugging down poppy tea....

Yeah, I just go by when my stomach doesn't feel full any longer... I think that's a pretty good judge.

Also, are you going to do yourself damage if you reguarly do opiates on a empty stomach - like TOTALLY empty, ie: just woken up?

I used to do the empty stomach thing, but I've always felt I got a more comfortable high with a full stomach. That and I've drilled it into my mind that drugs work best when your good and rested, and your diets good.

^ I'll definitly have to look into that the next time I take opiates. It just seems like all the hype is to take them on an empty stomach, I've actually done both and it's not that taking them on a full stomach will kill the high or anything it's just that they do hit you quicker on an empty stomach. Someone else posted something regaurding "will taking them on an empty stomach for a long period of time cause you problems in the long run"? :\

^
On friend used to tell me all the stomach acid would eat away at the lining of my stomach..
But I think that was just to scare me or something..

But I always take any opiate on an empty stomach, all the hype of the fact that I'm going to get high makes me not wanna eat anything...

^ I myself always take them on an empty stomach and have never had any problems so I wasn't sure if it was more of a myth than anything. Like I said before I will get pretty much just as high taking them after I eat it just takes longer for them to kick in. which isn't really that big of a deal, I just personally like them to hit me quicker like when my stomach is empty, that's all. =D

Both APAP and stomac acid can be quite corrosive in the stomach if not diluted prorperly. I would at the least drink a glass of milk or a little yogurt with pills, fast absorbtion and bodily protection FTW! :D

I suddenly have a craving for milk and pills...