• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rectal bleeding...worried (and embarassed)

Ason Unique

Bluelighter
Okay since I don't have access to an enema, I've been using ice cubes to clean out my ass. I did this a few minutes ago, and I ran the ice cubes under water first to remove sharp edges but I think I may of missed one.

Anyways I noticed some blood came out shortly after, and now I am pretty worried, I didn't expel it all yet so I dunno how much blood there is, but I'm worried I could have a big cut or something. I hear they can heal on there own, but I dunno what to do.

EDIT: would like to add I felt some pain trying to insert one, but I stopped then waited and put it in with no problems, so I may of cut something outside, but I can't tell

I think its alright now, wasn't anymore blood, but I'm just gonna abstain from any anal play for a few days

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody has responded to this yet. You may have scratched a tad while inserting. or you may have other problems. I'm not an expert, but bleeding from the anus is not a good thing. Hemroids are difficult to recover from, tho not impossible.

sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Excuse me, why are you cleaning your anus out with ice cubes? Is it to prepare for sex?

Thanks.

Is the blood bright red or dark red?

Bright red and you're good, means that its on the outside, and as long as you're not getting bucketfulls, you'll be fine. I've had this happen to me plenty of times, and they all go away on their own.

Dark red and it means its internal bleeding. That's when you need to get yourself checked out.

It really sounds like you cut yourself, though it doesn't sound like a deep cut.

If you continue to notice bleeding or bloody stools, then you should see a doctor.

Certainly give things time to heal. Maybe a couple of weeks.

Consider alternative means of cleaning.

And don't bother being embarrassed when talking about this with your doctor. He's seen a lot worse, and he'd really prefer you ask questions and address potential issues than wait for them to become serious problems. To him it's a medical issue, nothing more. He's there to help with those.

He mentioned in his edit that the bleeding had stopped. It was probably just a small fissure from the ice cube insertion.

And don't bother being embarrassed when talking about this with your doctor. He's seen a lot worse, and he'd really prefer you ask questions and address potential issues than wait for them to become serious problems. To him it's a medical issue, nothing more. He's there to help with those.

If it gets worse, definitely follow this advice. I worked at a family practice office where a guy came in for a regular check-up and reported that he had had blood in his poo for the last 15 years or so 8o

And to top it off, the guy had a family history of rectal cancer...

So, make sure if it continues for too long, or if the blood is dark red, that you get yourself to a doctor!