• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with Mouth Care

lovebrisvegas

Bluelighter
Say you've been up for a couple of days on stims and your mouth is fucked... like meth mouth or something, here are my common symptoms:

no saliva
lips cracking
tounge cracking along the sides and abit whitish - along with what looks like teeth marks
sensitive gums - I sat there for 20 minutes with tooth floss and just grinded it into my gums because it hurt and also felt satisfying, soooo much blood came out of my mouth!!
usually jaw muscle extremely saw - from chewing/grinding, next day it hurts to open my jaw to eat food

what should I do to speed recovery/prevent this from happening?

The most effective way to prevent this is to cut back on the stims! I'm a meth user and I have all kinds of problems with my mouth... cracked lips, ulcers, eroding teeth, receding gums, etc. It's kinda inevitable with heavy use. But I've noticed my mouth gets much worse if I don't drink enough water or get enough sleep, so try to stay hydrated and get some rest.

I thought I was the only person in the whole wide world who loves, I mean LOVES to floss. I am a flossaholic, the more pressure the better, feels so damn good. I go get my teeth cleaned Wednesday. I cannot wait. I always let the hygienist know I am not sensitive.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. Use a good mouth rinse I guess.
Biotene is really good and soothing and maybe a peroxide rinse.

Do a salt/water mouthwash to keep infection away, and of course, lay off the stims.

In ayurveda, Chinese medicine, and our local medical system, the scalloped tongue means disrupted digestion/poor nutrient absorption, and could sometimes exhibit itself when the liver is disturbed.

It would be best to chill out and give your body a break.

hydrogen peroxide has helped me alot with this kind of thing. I started flossing alot to.

Flossing, brushing, and gargling with salt water (I find commercially made mouthwashes to be a bit too harsh.) Just basic hygiene and yeah, give your body a break too. You (sadly) cant prevent it from happening (trust me, I know..) its inevitable you get a sore mouth when on a party binge (unless you have some sort of rubbermouth that is immune to constant chewing and gurning).
So yeah dude, take a rest.

I'd also add lip balm & magnesium as working well for me.

no saliva
lips cracking
tounge cracking along the sides and abit whitish - along with what looks like teeth marks
sensitive gums

Buy a bottle of sunflower oil, extremely inexpensive. Look up "oil pulling". Proceed to oil pull with a full tablespoon of the sunflower oil for twenty minutes. You're basically swishing the oil back and forth through our teeth. Then spit out, brush teeth and rinse with salt and baking soda in warm water. Repeat once in the morning and once at night.