• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Did drugs mess up your ability to yawn?

Ds

Bluelight Crew
So I think I broke my yawn, seriously, I cant have a normal yawn anymore. Back way back when I used to have a nice long yawn, with my eyes closed and enjoying the moment. Now I don't get it anymore. I don't feel any satisfaction with my yawns.
Does anyone else have this problem?

my yawn feels the same and is just as long but now i make a odd noise every time i yawn maybe something to do with the coke use

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question but I can add that any time I begin a new antidepressant SSRI medication it makes me yawn constantly all day. Its frustrating and embarassing when it happens.

Does anyone else get this?

This might be a little better suited to healthy living. PM me if there's a problem. :)

Well it's like my yawn only half ass's it. Like I yawn, and I cant close my eyes. Well I do close my eye's, but I don't get that good yawn feeling. Well this shit happened one day while I was at Sams Club, like 10 years ago. All I did at the time was smoke weed, and I took my adderall as prescribed. So now my yawns don't work!!! I don't remember like busting a vain Yawning back 10 years ago.
This is weird. Do you think that it is psychological?

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question but I can add that any time I begin a new antidepressant SSRI medication it makes me yawn constantly all day. Its frustrating and embarassing when it happens.

Does anyone else get this?

This is considered a normal (and quite common) effect of SSRIs.

You should try opiates....you will get that good yawn I promise. Oh wait that was bad advice, don't try opiates.

^ since you have probably been taking adderal a while i doubt that is what is causing it but for me lots of uppers (amps, coke, ritalin) cause me to not get that satisfaction when yawning.

When I'm on stims I tend not to be a big yawner, for obvious reasons.

Opiates, otoh, enhance my yawns. There is nothing like a nice, satisfying yawn session after a stim/opiate bender, right before I sink into my pillow and sleep the most satisfying sleep a person can enjoy. :D

Man, I thought I was the only one.

Ever since I had the yawns from opiate withdrawl, I feel like I can never get that really deep breath anymore.

Its like my yawn is only capable of bringing in 90% of the air that it used to.

I no longer get that satisfaction of a deep breath/yawn, and then I start to panic and keep trying to yawn so I can get that deep breath, but the more I think about it the less successful I am.

Man, wtf.

Hey I have had the same issue.

Yawning is like a wave that builds to an apex and then crashes. This crashing, being that nice sedating and even tear squeezing feeling that comes from your lungs and jaw working together, "broke" around the time I first started taking Ambien.

Randomly I started eating a 5-htp every now and then and surely enough I started yawning to the point it would crash like that wave analogy I gave. I hadn't had that second half of a yawn in so long I forgot how amazingly good it felt. Yawning made me feel very loved and at peace.

The only thing i can think of is that yawning has something to do with serotonin. I know MDMA and MDA make me yawn and jaw clench like crazy on the come up, and 5htp + weed makes me yawn and well tears in my eyes.

Yeah I have the same issue, but never really put much thought into it as being a serious problem. I think it was worse when I was a heavy smoker because I couldn't have that fully deep inhale that fills up the entire lung. I would have to do like a few small ones to make up for it, which isnt very satisfying. Now when i do a super deep yawn sometimes it makes my heart rate go all crazy. it's weird. i seriously have no idea why this is, but at least now you know you're not alone :) haha.