Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian Urine Drug Screen Reports

drug_mentor

Bluelight Crew
Ok, I want to start off clarifying the reasons I made this thread, I know drug testing questions are banned but I am not asking a question nor will I be answering any.

I could not really find any details on what to expect when taking a drug test in Australia and as I am sitting with my results paper here and its half an hour before I have to give it away. I figured I would just make it and mods please close it if its innapropriate but I do think that I have some potentially useful information here.

For those of you who don't know you can actually get your GP to send off a urine sample and perform a drug screen for you, if your GP bulk bills this is completely free. Basically you are given a little container with a screw on lid and a big ziplock baggie with a biohazard sign on it and your doctor prints off the relevant form and signs it.

You go to the toilet and fill the container with urine and put it in the ziplock baggie then hand it in at the reception desk and sign a form. Results should be back at the doctors in a week or so.

So on the results form it has all the usual bulshit, your name and address, medicare number, the doctor who requested it and the practise, etc. It also has the date it was requested (when you filled the cup and signed the form) and the date the actual drug screen was carried out.

Where the actual results are there are 3 headings. Concentration where it lists the drugs being tested for and either detected or not detected next to the drug types. Cut-off concentration which I assume means how much of the drug needs to be in your system to be detected. GCMS cut off which I don't really understand because only barbiturates have a figure under that heading.

Anyway, the drugs tested for and the cut off concentrations (CoC) for them are as follows.
Opiates CoC is 300ug/L
Sympathomimetic Amines, I assume this to be MDMA, meth, etc. CoC is 300ug/L
Benzodiazepines CoC is 200ug/L
Cannabinoids CoC is 50ug/L
Barbiturates CoC is 200ug/L, this is the drug that lists GCMS and its 15ug/L
Cocaine metabolites CoC is 300ug/L
Methadone metabolites CoC is 100ug/L

U-Creatinine is also listed which I assume is a way of determining if the urine sample was diluted. It does not list a cut off concentration but rather lists how much was in your urine sample. I don't know whats normal but I am listed at 20.7 mmol/L on these results. I tried looking it up quickly but I am very short on time for getting this post finished.

There is a little note under the results that says "POSITIVE RESULTS without GC/MS confirmation are presumptive only. I don't know where that leaves this test in terms of exactly what method they used to test but under "test name" it is simply listed as "URINE DRUG SCREEN REPORT".

I thought that this would be useful so people know what to expect on a drug test. Also if people are worried about being drug tested for a job or whatever reason to let them know it is possible to go and get a personal one done for free that covers this range of drugs.

Once again mods I am very sorry if this is inapropriate, I can't believe I never thought of this idea in advance. I got home and came up with this thread and didn't really have time to PM any of you guys for approval. I also want to add that based on clear guidelines of no drug testing questions that I can't answer any questions that any of you guys may have, I just hope it has been outlined clearly enough in this thread.

nice work there drug mentor

it appears that you were spared the wonderful experience of a witness while taking the sample? lucky you - i had monthly screens for 18months and had a gribbles lady in with me everytime......darned stage fright!

probably worth a general heads up that depending on the reasons behind the urine drug tox sceen, you just may find that you have company peering over your shoulder!

Thanks for the kind words guys. :D

Filenet you are correct I don't have the pleasure of being watched pissing, sometimes on the results I have noticed an asterisk and a notation that the sample was not observed being taken. I don't know why it wasn't on this one.

Also I remember atleast once when I tested positive for valium it actually listed the metabolites, being temazepam and oxazepam. I am prescribed valium but my doctor literally asked me if I had been trading my valium for temaz and serepax. I had to play dumb and then when I went back told him "I looked it up on wikipedia" and that those drugs are metabolites of diazepam. lol

I always test positive for benzo's though and I only remember them listing the metabolites once, they certainly didn't on the report I got today.

Very good information for interest's sake.

And lol @ the benzo story... good quip! he he

What is even funnier about that story is he didn't even believe me lol he was like saying how unreliable wikipedia is. I am like yeah well I believe it as 100% fact when all I have taken is diazepam and these drugs have shown in my system.

I told him to look it up but never got around to asking him if he did, it has been way too long for me to bring it up again.

I should add that I am in Victoria, these procedures might vary between states I don't know.

Please be aware, Australian Industry Standard drug tests have a THC cut off of 15ug/L. US standard kits at 50ug/L.

Be careful when researching THC testing as most websites quote US statistics / detection periods.

This wasn't research marley, this was an Australian drug test that I routinely take, I had a printout of the results sitting right in front of me when I wrote that.

The one I take at the doctors office might be a bit more lenient on THC dosage, I wouldn't know, what I do know is that is an Australian drug test and it listed cannabanoid detection at 50ug/L.

Sorry Drug Mentor - My word of warning was intended for the general BL population. I know when I first looked into drug testing, a lot of the websites were suggesting an individual could smoke X amount of cannabis and return a negative result X days later. I later realised the majority of these sites were US and refering to tests with a higher cutoff.

My previous place of employment used Instacheck brand tests, my current workplace uses Frontline Diagnostics. These are the urine cutoff levels we must conform to:

Drug / Cut-Off level (µg/L)

Opiates
Morphine / 300
Codeine / 300

Sympathomimetic amines
Amphetamine / 300
Methlyamphetamine / 300
Methylenedioxymethlyamphetamine / 300
Phentermine / 500
Ephedrine / 500
Pseuedoephedrine / 500

Cannabis metabolites
11-nor-Δ9 - tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid / 15

Cocaine metabolites
Benzoylecgonine / 150
Ecgonine methyl ester / 150

Benzodiazepines
Oxazepam / 200
Temzazepam / 200
Diazepam / 200
Nordizepam / 200
7-amino-clonazepam / 200
7-amino-flunitrazepam / 200
7-amino-nitrazepam / 200

NB - All cut-off levels are expressed as total concentration of drug or metabolite after hydrolysis of conjugates if necessary.

Non-negative results are then forwarded to a Lab for further GCMS analysis to isolate exactly which compounds were detected.

Fair enough mate, thanks for contibuting all that info to the thread. :D Obviously we took different drug tests.

^ If you actually did previously post in this thread then yes they did. That is your first post in this thread that I can see.

howdy, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I need to know how long before methadone will leave my piss for a test that I must take shortly. thanks steve

did my posts dissapere

There are no unapproved or deleted posts in this thread. Maybe you posted in another thread or you're just losing your mind. :)

howdy, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I need to know how long before methadone will leave my piss for a test that I must take shortly. thanks steve

Check out the Drug Testing Q&A in BDD for all your answers.

I have recently noticed that personal drug test kits have started turning up in certain chemist warehouses.

Would be nice if someone could test these and let us know how accurate they are :)

I believe there are testers for MJ, opiates and benzos.

Quite off topic but rolls what opiate(s) are you withdrawing from and how long you been using?

I have recently noticed that personal drug test kits have started turning up in certain chemist warehouses.

Would be nice if someone could test these and let us know how accurate they are :)

I believe there are testers for MJ, opiates and benzos.

I believe (at least in my area) the majority of chemists sell personal drug test kits behind the counter; single use THC tests and 5 bar THC, AMP, OPI, COC, BEN are the most common.

You've just got to have the 'courage' to approach the nice lady at the counter and ask for a self administered drug test kit.

They are extremely accurate - quite offen they are the same urine screen tests used by Employers/Testing companies.

They are extremely accurate - quite offen they are the same urine screen tests used by Employers/Testing companies.

I absolutely believe you. But I would love to see some proper analysis on these testers.

They could be the difference between a sick day, and losing your job.