Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Anti-drugs 'robocop' died from overdose

MrM

Bluelighter
Anti-drugs 'robocop' died from overdose
By Chris Greenwood, Press Association
The Independent

A police officer known for his work tackling drug dealers was found dead at his home from a heroin overdose.

Pc David Pilling, 47, was found by colleagues collapsed in the lounge of his flat near Regent's Park, in Camden, north London.

They discovered various items of drug paraphernalia beside him, including a Stanley knife, traces of heroin and a syringe.

An inquiry was launched and toxicology tests revealed the officer died from a massive overdose of heroin.

Detectives based at Camden CID found no suspicious circumstances and the case was handed to a coroner.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said a coroner sitting at St Pancras Coroner's Court recorded a verdict of death by misadventure earlier this week.

Colleagues said Mr Pilling was renowned for his work tackling drug dealers operating in busy Camden shopping streets.

One local newspaper reported that Mr Pilling earned the nickname of Robocop for his all-action style of policing.

Camden Borough Commander Chief Superintendent Dominic Clout said the dedicated officer is sadly missed.

He said: "Pc Pilling was a truly valued member of staff who proved popular with colleagues and members of the local community.

"He had served all 13 years of his service with Camden borough and, as a Safer Neighbourhoods officer, built strong links with residents of the Holborn and Covent Garden ward.

"As a result of the ongoing investigation into his death, detailed forensic tests have revealed that Pc Pilling died of a heroin overdose.

"Clearly, Pc Pilling displayed no signs of drug use while at Camden borough and his colleagues and supervisors were unaware of any issues relating to drugs.

"The Met does operate an alcohol and substance misuse policy which includes random screening of serving officers.

"While we will always support and actively seek help for colleagues who alert us of potential problems through challenging or difficult times, we will never tolerate the use of drugs amongst officers and will deal with any reported cases severely."

Mr Pilling died on March 26 at his home in Albany Street, NW1.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/antidrugs-robocop-died-from-overdose-1768982.html

The irony of it all.

Can't believe i didn't spot that myself:)

The hypocracy of it is that if it wasn't illegal he could have gone for help without incuring the level of shame that otherwise he would have done.

Oh man this guy must have gotten a lot of free dope in his line of work.

A big part of me thinks he didn't do that shot himself. If he was vigilante about stopping drug distribution, he probably made many enemies who would have been more than willing to give him a hot shot and stage this scene.

A big part of me thinks he didn't do that shot himself. If he was vigilante about stopping drug distribution, he probably made many enemies who would have been more than willing to give him a hot shot and stage this scene.

First thing that I thought, to be honest. A 'massive overdose' just doesn't sound right for someone who you'd assume to have a bit more about them, being 47 years old.

I hope he hated himself for using the drugs the people he was arresting for pushing. That said even this scum mofo didn't deserve to die prematurely, this is why we need regulation anyone can die if they don't do a test shot.

I'm so glad he is dead from an od.
Rot in hell dirty pig

Hate is an incredible burden. There's a lot to dislike in the world. If you want to find any happiness in life you need to learn not to hate your enemies. I have to work hard on this myself. The laws and the way people behave can often be far too frustrating to bear. You can hate what people do, but there's no good in hating a person. It doesn't mean you have to love or accept them. But hate and fear are the source of most of the world's problems. You just can't fight fire with fire.

I derive no joy from this story; instead I find it pitiful. This is the toll of prohibition that everyone must bear. I know he hated himself for what he was doing. He couldn't get help because it would have ruined the reputation that he worked for his entire life. Having experienced the dark hand of prohibition myself, I can only empathize with his plight, even if I can't with the rest of his life.

I'm sorry if all this sounds supercilious but it's the way I've been feeling lately. I spent much of my youth hating the police, the government, the stupid and ignorant people in the world and all the stupid things they do. I just can't do it anymore. I feel like it's killing me.

Last edited:
Hate is an incredible burden. There's a lot to dislike in the world. If you want to find any happiness in life you need to learn not to hate your enemies. I have to work hard on this myself. The laws and the way people behave can often be far too frustrating to bear. You can hate what people do, but there's no good in hating a person. It doesn't mean you have to love or accept them. But hate and fear are the source of most of the world's problems. You just can't fight fire with fire.

I derive no joy from this story; instead I find it pitiful. This is the toll of prohibition that everyone must bear. I know he hated himself for what he was doing. He couldn't get help because it would have ruined the reputation that he worked for his entire life. Having experienced the dark hand of prohibition myself, I can only empathize with his plight, even if I can't with the rest of his life.

I'm sorry if all this sounds supercilious but it's the way I've been feeling lately. I spent much of my youth hating the police, the government, the stupid and ignorant people in the world and all the stupid things they do. I just can't do it anymore. I feel like it's killing me.

Quality post :)

I, too, thought that; however, if someone else administered the shot, there would have to have been some indications of a struggle or something. A drug-free LEO certainly wouldn't sit idly while some crook shot him up with smack lol.

Good riddance I say! Seriously fuck this guy, so keen to build up his "robocop" reputation by capitalising on our bull shit drug laws that he chose to break himself.

I would say the damage this cunt was causing to the community being stopped is well worth his death. How many lives do you think have been ruined thanks to him? And he is a fucking junkie himself, that is so wrong on so many levels.

I bet half the reason he was so keen to bust dealers is so he could nick some of their stash. Who cares if they go to jail as long as he gets his fix right? That is pure speculation but you know, anyway you look at it this man is a total scumbag.

fuck em they b fuckn niggaz ova left n right shitz juss catchn up w um
dat pussy ass nigga deserved itt n i aint a niga to wish def pon nobody but fucka cop mane n dats datss
all yall niggaz keep doin yo thang up in london hah idk how yall roll but b ez
reppen dat 561 palm bay all day baby

I laughed so fucking hard at this. :D Thank you.

I laughed so fucking hard at this. :D Thank you.

I'm still waiting for someone to translate for me:(

I agree. It is entirely pitiful, pathetic and sad. There is no point hating the guy - he's dead, you can't do anything worse to him now. Also his plight does serve as an excellent demonstration of why prohibition is bad.

^ I will attempt a translation.

Fuck them, they are fucking people over left, right and centre and its just catching up with them. That pussy ass guy deserved it and I ain't the sort of person to wish death on anybody but fuck cops man and thats that.

All you people keep doing your thing in London, haha, I don't know how you guys roll but be easy. Representing for that 561 palm bay all day baby!

That is what I got from it. LMFAO