Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 6.8.09 - Mail-order 'stealth pot' evading customs

Verybuffed

Bluelighter
Mail-order 'stealth pot' evading customs

Australians are experimenting with an illegal synthetic form of marijuana that does not show up on standard drug tests and is passing under the noses of customs officials.

The drug, commonly known by the brand name Spice, is being ordered from overseas and packaged to look like a mixture of common incense herbs.

But it is laced with a potent illegal chemical that produces a strikingly similar effect to marijuana when smoked.

An office worker in Australia's mining industry told ninemsn he had ordered the drug online from Europe on two occasions, and received it both times.

"It was sent in an urgent document delivery envelope," he said.

"Inside was a catalogue for a London shopping centre, and inside that was my Spice."

"I thought it was a little bit suspicious."

The source, who agreed to speak under condition of anonymity, said smoking Spice produces nearly the same effect as smoking marijuana.

"The effects it produces are felt within minutes of inhaling — there is an overwhelming 'stoned' sensation," he said.

He said he used to take other drugs but could not anymore because his place of employment enforced a random drug test policy.

"Spice is not detected by industry standard drug tests," he said.

"I can confirm this as I've been smoking it over the past few months and successfully passed a drug test last month."

Spice has been sold in parts of Europe and Canada since 2002, but only emerged from its underground status in the drug world over the past year.

A search on online forums reveals many Australians are interested in trying Spice.

One Queenslander wrote that a package he ordered was opened by Australian Customs, who left an inspection note inside but failed to notice the illicit contents.

"Australian customs ripped thru my baggie and taped it back up saying they didn't find anything," he wrote, and posted photographs of the notice.

Although the product is sold as incense and "not for human consumption", tests conducted in several countries over the past year have found the product is laced with synthetic chemicals designed to produce a psychedelic effect when smoked.

A US government report issued in March said the synthetic cannabinoids found in Spice are so similar to the real thing it deemed the drug "stealth marijuana".

Spice is illegal in several countries, including Australia where it falls under strict analogue drug laws.

"If Spice is or contains a synthetic cannabinoid ... then it is captured by the Schedule 9 entry for cannabis," a Department of Health spokesman told ninemsn.

The health effects of using Spice are still relatively unknown, but a German case study published in July said it was "strongly addictive" and cited a regular user who felt a "continuous craving for the drug".

The source in the mining industry said he was "becoming increasily wary of ingesting strange, untested chemicals".

"MDMA and marijuana, while relatively safe in moderation, have been heavily policed," he said.

"As a result, people such as myself are delving into the 'research chemical' drugs."

"Will this drug cause adverse health issues down the track? I certainly hope not, but with limited information out there, who knows?"

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/846679/mail-order-stealth-pot-evading-customs

Wow, how easy would is it to be a journo these days.

Get wind of a drug story, talk out your ass about it, throw in a few sensationalist words like DRUGS, SYNTHETIC MARIJUANA, STEALTH and then have it published with no repercussions of getting caught out talking shit.

"If Spice is or contains a synthetic cannabinoid ... then it is captured by the Schedule 9 entry for cannabis," a Department of Health spokesman told ninemsn.

It might apply to Spice, but it doesn't necessarily apply to some of the other brands. Many of the "Spice" type formulations are reported to contain different active compounds. Some of these mimic THC, and are chemically and structurally similar, but others are more similar to endogenous compounds or are chemically and structurally are quite different from the structure of cannabinoids found in marijuana. Then there are the indirect CB receptor agonists and partial agonists, some of which are completely different beasts. IMO spice is only the beginning.

And yes, there have been health concerns expressed over the possible metabolic routes of some of these compounds.

Obviously the Spice can't be too special if he's happy to draw its delivery under scrutiny...

I do await the day the scope of the analogue laws gets challenged and we see a line drawn in the sand.

spraying insect surface spray on your cigarettes will achieve the same effect ... LOL

people who smoke that spice shit are pathetic !!!

thats just like people who take so called legal pills ...

spraying insect surface spray on your cigarettes will achieve the same effect ... LOL

people who smoke that spice shit are pathetic !!!

thats just like people who take so called legal pills ...

Why is it pathetic? I have smoked JWH-018 which is one of the main canabinoids they found in spice and it is quite awesome. It is not exactly the same as weed but so similar it doesn't really matter. The reason i tried it is because it is a completely different drug, same-ish effects as weed but still a different drug.

What is wrong with people that want to take legal high alternatives? I think it is the government and such which are pathetic for making people resort to legal alternatives lest be fucked in the arse by the law.

You have a very skewed view on the world.

I wouldn't compare JWH-xxx to surface spray laced cigarettes!

I smoke Spice a fair bit...its great! Same price as weed, similar effects without the anxiety, and I can fill a cup'o'piss and hand it to the Boss without fear!

Its a perfectly valid smoking blend - a little more research into the long term health risks would be appreciated though.

IMO JWH-018 is in a completely different bucket to the currently legal pills!

i have a few mates who use spice quite regularily as it works quite well and allows them to drive without the worry of presenting a positive test

kingpin - how exactly does taking a substance that has been branded by politicians as "illegal" make you exempt from being pathetic? just curious

legal alternatives are stupid ... when I hear that I always think about bzp ..

ok so how much is a gram of this spice compared to real cannabis ??

I always see those adverts for legal herbal buds on some sites and I always assumed its just a fake weed that wouldn't do a thing ..

and illegal drugs are atleast going to do the job proper ...

that is the point Im trying to make ...

anyhow didnt mean to offend lol

no offence taken here man, yeah sure there are a lot of useless legal highs around but you can also find some with big balls - and these are the ones that get the job done.

price of spice...dunno, never bought any

Doesn't surprise me in the least this is going on. Kingpin I agree with your position on legal highs as a whole but spice contains legit analogs and has a genuine intoxicating effect that is very similar to cannabis and no major short term negative effects.

For someone like me who LOVES dope and pisses in a cup things like spice are a pretty attractive substance. I have never tried spice and wouldn't go out of my way to get it but if offered or if I noticed an oppurtunity to get it I would in a heartbeat.

ok so how much is a gram of this spice compared to real cannabis ??

I always see those adverts for legal herbal buds on some sites and I always assumed its just a fake weed that wouldn't do a thing ..

and illegal drugs are atleast going to do the job proper ...

that is the point Im trying to make ...

anyhow didnt mean to offend lol

Have a look around it is not hard to find online shops selling [cut] to the end of that might even work and considering you need around 5mg for a dose price per gram works out cheap as fuck. Buying the brand name Spice blend would probably be considerably more though.

[EDIT: Too close to a source. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Spice is a mixture of potent legal herbs like bluelotus n etc. LOL at synthetic cannaboid

JWH-018 is claimed to be in many other smoke mixes, not just the Spice range

There is about 10 different cannbinoids now that won't test positive.
Good luck customs.

I stumbled across a site a while back saying if you want to try a free sample of the best legal high blah blah we will send you some spice for free i think it was dutch based site it i thought why not so put in my details not seriously expecting to get any thing sent......But a month later they did a small packet 1g spice sample chopped up....

...I had some pot at the time, and it was pretty close nice floaty type high no paranoia or headache which i sometimes get with real strong hydro all over very good it's legal but probably, "They " will catch on sooner or later...

...I was very very skeptical about so called legal highs but if one does enough research you can find some great things like the electric eel pills they were awesome! better than any pill iv'e had mind you the few i have were crappy to ok ..............:)

So when MDMA was unrestricted was it stupid????

LSD, Heroin, Cannabis?????

Take the blinkers off and think about your posts!!!! :\