• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Endorphins!!

Eagleman

Bluelighter
After some searches, I found a few ways to stimulate endorphin production (though they were not clear or the links were disabled). I know about exercise, sex, and massage, and I just learned about acupuncture. The acupuncture link was dead, which brings me here. Anyone know about the specific acupuncture sites to pin for endorphin production?
Any other tips for endorphin release would be great. I am an ex-opiate-addict and I am constantly trying to bring back the "love for life" and "natural highs" that opiate addiction robs the brain of.

Music, and uh, doing anything you find FUN, really. Don't go for the high or the endorphins, go for pure and simple fun. Psychedelics are fun...

Meditate.

Eating foods high in capsaicin, such as chiles, will cause a natural release of endorphins.

I find shooting myself in my hand with my bb gun makes me feel better, I shoot myself in the hand so I dont get left with any marks on my arms or legs hence why I'd never cut myself,.

1 thing I know is that whenever I am on a massive downer 1 shot to my hand and I feel so much better! I can see why some people get off on pain.

I prefer exorphins. ;)

There is actually some doubt that cardio work increases endorphin release (there's this study examining levels of beta-endorphin that bilz0r used to link periodically), and the endorphins released by resistance/strength training may simply be mediated by the pain that such exercise induces. Exercise causes numerous neurological effects, so that it affects how you feel doesn't necessarily point to endorphins.

I find shooting myself in my hand with my bb gun makes me feel better, I shoot myself in the hand so I dont get left with any marks on my arms or legs hence why I'd never cut myself,.

1 thing I know is that whenever I am on a massive downer 1 shot to my hand and I feel so much better! I can see why some people get off on pain.

hahahaha:D

After some searches, I found a few ways to stimulate endorphin production (though they were not clear or the links were disabled). I know about exercise, sex, and massage, and I just learned about acupuncture. The acupuncture link was dead, which brings me here. Anyone know about the specific acupuncture sites to pin for endorphin production?
Any other tips for endorphin release would be great. I am an ex-opiate-addict and I am constantly trying to bring back the "love for life" and "natural highs" that opiate addiction robs the brain of.

We all take endorphins very much foregranted until we become ex-opiate addicts :D I am at 8 days clean and just applied for a job at target and felt the first surge of natural happiness that I have had in months.

You don't think much about endorphins until you have experienced what it is like not to have them for a while :p It's the worst kind of torture.

How do you know it's endorphins that are operant here?

go for long runs, even if you are not in shape, go running at night and very slowly, this allows you to get in at least an hour which should stimulate some sort of endorphin release

also invest in some arch support

this allows you to get in at least an hour which should stimulate some sort of endorphin release

Not necessarily.

And you were thinking cannabinoids?

Lol,no. :) Just saying that we don't really know enough to say feeling x = mediation via endorphins.

ebola

I think there is a causal relationship between endorphins and exercise (especially endurance aerobic exercise)....

Long-time endurance athletes have even been shown to have reduced testosterone levels which appears to be similar to opioid induced hypogonadism....

But yes, endorphins are misunderstood, and tend to be oversimplified. Exercise, sex and etc are more complex and involve numerous neurotransmitters....

I think there is a causal relationship between endorphins and exercise (especially endurance aerobic exercise)....

Long-time endurance athletes have even been shown to have reduced testosterone levels which appears to be similar to opioid induced hypogonadism....

But yes, endorphins are misunderstood, and tend to be oversimplified. Exercise, sex and etc are more complex and involve numerous neurotransmitters....

As far as I understand, this is true about the casual relationship you speak of re endurance aerobic exercise.

Lol your gonna put all the emos outta bussiness!8o

LMAO @ shooting your hand with a bb gun...thing is, I believe Bighoot has really done this..we're all laughin thinking he's playin around..but no, motherfucker's dead serious.

When i'm at work and I need a bit of cheering up, I drink shots of lime and tabasco. The tabasco stimulates endorphin production :)

i am actually being deadly serious

another thing i do is go on my punchbag bare fisted i punch the crap out of it until my knuckles are red raw and feel alot better afterwards.