View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cops caught on tape planting drugs on suspect by their own dash cam

morphene

Bluelighter
Tennessee Police Officers Accused of Planting Drugs and Beating Suspect

Watch the video in action at -> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c7c_1249248987

(reading it doesn't quite have the same impact)

A lawsuit was filed on Thursday accusing Cookeville, Tennessee police of “excessive use of force” and “planting contraband" during a domestic assault arrest last year.

One officer has been placed on leave because of the incident, and five others are named in the federal lawsuit.

Police car video from the Cookeville Police Department captured the incident that triggered the lawsuit.

On the night of June 4, 2007, Carlos Ferrell was stopped by police on a domestic assault warrant. According to the lawsuit, Ferrell's ex-wife, Tiffany, saw Ferrell, called police and was involved in the initial chase.

Once Ferrell came to a stop, he was ordered out of the car by Cookeville Police Officer Chris Melton.

“Put your hands up, and get out of the car,” Melton is heard telling Ferrell on the tape.

Ferrell, 28, exits the car with his arms raised while Officer Jeff Johnson is holding the department’s police dog.

The video shows the dog bite Ferrell several times. Attorney Blair Durham is representing Ferrell.

“The dog is released. The dog then chews into Mr. Ferrell's leg where, of course, he goes to the ground,” he said.

"Your dog just ate my leg off,” Ferrell said on the tape. Durham also accused Melton of planting drugs on Ferrell.

In the dash cam video, Melton is seen searching Ferrell's pockets a number of times.

Then, Durham said, another officer appears to give a signal with his hand, at which point Melton then reaches into his right pocket and looks into the camera.

It’s at that point on the tape that Durham said Melton appears to put drugs in Ferrell's pocket.

“Whoa, Carlos, weed? Now you got you another freaking charge, how about that?"

Melton told Ferrell in the video. Melton has been placed on administrative leave with pay. The night of the stop, Ferrell was charged with evading arrest and possession of marijuana.

“That’s a complete drug plant is what I'm alleging. It’s a complete unlawful search, first of all, and it’s a planting of paraphernalia,” Durham said.

Cookeville police said they are "completely cooperating with the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)."

A representative said the department is not trying to hide anything and doesn’t want to look like it is.

Police took Ferrell to an area hospital for treatment of his injuries.

Durham said Ferrell is no choir boy but that he's never been arrested on violent offenses.

According to his record, Ferrell has two DUIs and a previous drug possession charge.

Last edited:
:X fucking pigs. im somebody that isn't as quick to rush to judgment/demonize LEOs as most others on this board but that is some bullshit. :X :!

whats even more infuriating is that they allowed the dog to bite the suspect even after he showed compliance. and then they plant some grass on him?? that makes no sense since they already got him on domestic assault... these cops truly think they are above the law. :X

That is absolutely sickening. Thankfully there's evidence showing they did this, and hopefully the victim will get the compensation he deserves and the officers brought up on charges.

Wow, I would be so fucking pissed if a cop did that to me. What a blatant abuse of power, makes me sick...

Why is the fucker still being paid? That is some fucked shit right there but nothing American cops do surprises me anymore. These cunts should be locked up but they will probably just lose their jobs and their department will likely have to compensate the victim.

These are the people we are suppose to trust with our safety? Its no wonder noone respects the police. Fucking gustapo

Wow man, kid I went to high school with lives up in Cookeville, and the cops there are most definitely shady fuckers.

It makes me sick that assholes like this blatantly abuse their power and GET CAUGHT; then immediately are put on "paid leave". PAID? Are you kidding me?

This is why we need an inpedendant service that polices the police, not some IA shit. Also why did they only plant weed?

"Fuck the police! .... Without a gun and a badge, what do ya got?
A sucka in a uniform waitin to get shot, "
nwa

It's this kind of shit that makes it hard for non-crooked cops. Dumbasses like these probably tryin to make names for themselves.

And why the fuck is the planting drugs hand signal a pinching motion?

Makes me realize why I hate the fuckers so much. The thing that really enrages me though is the "administrative leave with pay" fire the piece of shit and fine him, don't pay him. Things like this are why it always makes me smile when I hear about a cop getting killed.