• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Popped pimple = swollen lymph node?

R.ticle One

Bluelighter
Okay, this is kind of a weird question,

but three or so days ago, there was a very tender, freaking sore pimple, under the surface on my earlobe. I tried squeezing it, but it didn't properly pop, just let some clear fluid out.

Yesterday, I felt a very tender, freaking sore, slightly swollen spot along the edge of my jawline, just about an inch from where this ear-pimple thing was...feels exactly like a swollen lymph node I once had somewhere along the side of my abdomen near my ribcage. There's no visible bump, but you can feel it with your fingers, and it hurts to touch/radiates a bit of pain.

Could I have infected/irritated a lymph node by squeezing this pimple - maybe forcing whatever should have gone out, back in?

Can't even get to the walk in clinic today, civic holiday...

...if anyone has an idea about this, it'd be appreciated!

Cheers

This is gonna sound random but have you been around a kitten recently? I just had a cyst on my lymphnode that was caused by "kitten scratch disease" accoriding to my Dr. He gave me a week script for an antibiotic and it went away swiftly.

Nope - can't say that I have; but what you told me does further my suspicion that it may have picked something up that my body was actually trying to get out.