Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: My Neighbor Totoro (old school hayao miyazaki film)

Rate this movie

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

• Total voters

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Well Anybody that knows me knows i aint into that anime shit, But theres a few exceptions. one of em is this.

When i was a little kid, there was this beat ass store by my house that we could walk to, they sold food and beer n stuff and had a little room in the back where u could rent movies for a dollar. We didnt have alot of money at the time, so this was a big deal for me and my younger sister. i dont remember why we picked this movie , i think we might of even picked it accidentally, cuz back in those days we had VHS tapes and they would all be lined up back to back, so it was easy to pick the wrong movie if you picked the one to the left of the video case instead of the right, or w/ever.

200px-My_Neighbor_Totoro_-_Tonari_no_Totoro_%28Movie_Poster%29.jpg

So we put in this tape and seen this magical, fantasy type japanese anime world of all these imaginary, magical type things, it was so interesting for us.

I aint gonna over explain it, there is just some beautiful animation, its about how every thing has a spirit to it, plants, trees, rocks, watever. 2 sisters move to the country and meet with these wood spirits. one of them is Totoro a big bunny cat looking thing.

Theres one line in there we always laughed at, one sister gets lost, and the other one looks for her, riding on a catbus (yea, a bus that is inside a cats belly that travels mystically not like a regular bus) And it says "Next stop, Little sister!"

LOL, we always liked that part. we ended up rentin it over and over thru out the years.

It has a very simple , nice plot, and really just about how these girls explore the forest by their house and meet Totoro and the forest spirits or watever, but I thought of it the other day for the first time in like 15 years and was lookin at at it streaming online and was like damn this is such a good movie. So If any of yall like anime, check it out. it was made by the Miyazaki guy who did spirited away, back in 1988. i think its kind of a forgotten or unknown gem, u feel me? Heres the link to it streaming (not download)

http://www.animetoplist.org/watch/my-neighbor-totoro/animemovie.html

Enjoy, n let me kno wat yall think. I think it a nice way to spend a hour.

i fucking l<3ve this film.

but having it released as a double feature with grave of the fireflies is pretty messed up, imo.

I fucking fucking fucking LOVE THIS FILM. I've seen it like, a dozen times. I've professed love for it many times on this board.
<3<3

img10062366005.jpg

Lacey, have you seen any of Miyazaki's other works too?? I highly recommend "Spirited Away" and "Howls Moving Castle" --> among all of his work, I've seen those two plus Totoro the most (although I have an almost complete collection of everythng else... I just <3 him) =D

oh man, you should see the totoro toys available here in chinatown. i am so tempted every time.

"next stop, little sister"
oh what an utterly and completely joyous line. i can't help but smile widely and feel my heart warm.

Hell yea, I am glad I aint the only one who smiles from that one. IDK why it always just made me like u said, IP.

I seen spirited away, i liked that one too and i really dont like anime in general but mr miyazakis films got this kind of mystical quality to them that i like and its mad interesteing, as well as the animation is just beautiful, it seems like every scene has a secret or somethin. IDK how to explain it. I was watchin it to fall asleep last nite, but i didnt finish it so i get to watch it again tonite, it dont really get old. More ppl should see this movie its very peaceful and happy to watch.

Also from craigslist, idk if u seen this before but i LOLed.

I HAVE A 1995 MO' VAN THAT GOT TRANSFORMED INTO THIS CATBUS. I BROUGHT IT TO A SHOPS AND I WAS LIKE HEY, CAN YOU TURN THIS INTO A CATBUS? SO THEY DID. THEN THAT DAY I DROVE IT HOME. THE CAT BUS ONLY HAS 50K, WHICH ARE ALL HIGHWAY MILES AS I DROVE IT TO WORK 2 DAYS A WEEK AND THAT WAS IT. IT'S IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE AND ALL THE FUR IS STILL ALL THERE. THE STEERING WHEEL HAS A CAT ON IT. IM ONLY ASKING 2900 FOR THE CATBUS BECAUSE ITS REALLY FURRY AND SOMETIMES PEOPLE GET SICK ON IT.

621862265.jpg

Catbus is pure win.
I think I'm going to watch Howls Moving Castle before I go to sleep again :D

howls-moving-castle-01_sm.jpg

check out princess mononoke. miyazaki supposedly hand corrected 30,000 of the animation cells. the film is stunning.
Princess%20Mononoke%20pic2.jpg

also his latest, ponyo by the sea, really evokes that awesome magic and wonder of totoro again.
ponyo.jpg