Votes: 5 16.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Rated E

Bluelighter
I saw an advance screening of this last night.

I really enjoyed it. Plenty of laugh out loud moments. I actually found myself saying "oh no" and "oh fuck" out loud a few times during the movie, when it dawned on me what Sacha was about to do.

Plenty of wince inducing, politically incorrect for the sake of politically incorrect, prejudice and ignorance evoking humour.

I liked it more than the Borat movie.

I won't tell you what to expect, because it's more fun witnessing it unawares.

looking forward to it. i laughed pretty hard at borat.

Borat had me in stitches, cringing at times i.e nude male wrestling, hilarioes nonetheless

lLoking forward to more laughs from this guy

for movies like this, it is vital to be in a packed theatre. the atmosphere makes it so much better.

Agreed!

Imagine going to comedy show and being the only one in 2000 seat capacity theatre.
Wouldn't be anywhere as funny.

Hilarity is both infectious and contagious.

Agreed on the audience thing.

I think action and comedy movies both get something out of being close to capacity.

The fact that he's breaching social niceties makes it even more enjoyable when there's an audience full of people watching it with you. I think it makes it sink in that much more that it's offensive.

The preview had the audience at the movie I was seeing in *stitches*. I cannot wait. :D

Borat didnt do much for me but it was ok, ali g was good but still not the best...But from what ive seen on the preview it looks like a really funny movie, I eas laughing while way through the preview. I cant wait to see it

The Ali G movie was terrible.

The original tv show, on the other hand, was great.

I think this series of movies based on the original Ali G (Ali G In Da House, Borat and Bruno) is somewhat unique. It's a case where the creator has listened to criticism and acted on it.

The problem with Ali G In Da House, was that it didn't contain the very thing that made the original tv show funny. The REAL suprised and offended looks of the people he was interviewing or messing with. Ali G In Da House was just a regular scripted movie that sucked.

Borat and Bruno improved upon it immensley, by going back to the good old days.

i read a review only yesterday that bruno got lame and dropped off in the last 20 minutes; would you agree/disagree RatedE?

The preview had the audience at the movie I was seeing in *stitches*. I cannot wait. :D

Me tooooooooooooooo =D=D=D=D=D Man I wish it would show here asap! <3

bruno-movie-poster-our-kitchen-sink.jpg

i read a review only yesterday that bruno got lame and dropped off in the last 20 minutes; would you agree/disagree RatedE?

The final scene was outrageous. And was probably one of the scenes in which Sacha was in the most danger of physical harm.

It actually seemed shorter than I thought it would be... But I was eating a Vanilla Drumstick, and everyone knows that always makes time pass faster. ;)

'ali g in da house' was a parody of a parody - i think that sbc pretty much knew exactly what he was doing with that movie, phoned it in and laughed all the way to the bank.

i look forward to seeing bruno as the tv spots are always uncomfortable and hilarious in a way sometimes only certain british comedy can be.

i met somebody recently who did not know that ali g and borat were played by the same person...

alasdair

I saw some old clips of Ali G from that UK show he was on before he got his HBO show.
The accent he used was even thicker and more ridiculous than it was on the HBO show. He really toned down for the American audiences.

'ali g in da house' was a parody of a parody - i think that sbc pretty much knew exactly what he was doing with that movie, phoned it in and laughed all the way to the bank.

Parody of a parody...?

I think it was just a weak movie. Sacha's strength lies in leading people to contradict themselves or draw ridiculous conclusions in interviews, not scripted humour.

The original tv show was never flawless in terms of scripted humour either.

You can call it what it is.

Ali G might very well be the most well-done most-clever concept in the history of comedy.

It is truly a shame that it is now too late for Sacha to do a full length film based on that character, as there's no fucking way they could get enough world leaders to fall for that NOW.

I can't believe how many people prefer Borat or Bruno (who are both also extremely well-done; with that said, Ali G, by making WORLD FUCKING LEADERS make absolute fools of themselves on camera, is off the fucking charts in terms of Degree of Difficulty)!

Long live Sacha Baron Fucking Cohen! <3

It was kind of funny, but IMO nowhere near as funny as Borat. People have to understand that while most of the movie is REAL, alot of the situations are staged. You cannot put someone in a movie without their consent of course, but he does a great job making fun of people without them even realizing it.

Ali G might very well be the most well-done most-clever concept in the history of comedy.

It is truly a shame that it is now too late for Sacha to do a full length film based on that character, as there's no fucking way they could get enough world leaders to fall for that NOW.

I can't believe how many people prefer Borat or Bruno (who are both also extremely well-done; with that said, Ali G, by making WORLD FUCKING LEADERS make absolute fools of themselves on camera, is off the fucking charts in terms of Degree of Difficulty)!

Long live Sacha Baron Fucking Cohen! <3

I prefer the motion pictures Bruno and Borate over Ali G In Da House. As for the original tv show, at the time I preferred Ali G as a charater, it's been a while since I watched it though.

^^^^^

Agreed.

Ali G in the House had its moments, but I really wish that instead of making a semi-funny traditional comedy, he would have played to his strengths (as another poster mentioned earlier), and that he would have tried to replicate how the greatest of all of his three great characters was when he was at his at his best - dressing down captains of industry and world leaders by deluding them into thinking that HE was the idiot.

Feigning ignorance is one of the hardest things to pull off in comedy - Sarah Silverman does it expertly - and Sacha - as Ali G, in particular, does it better than anyone has ever done it.