Votes: 3 15.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

LapDawg

Bluelight Crew
I'm surprised no one's made a thread about this film already... anyone seen it yet?

I found it to be quite hilarious. It may not be the best comedy for repeated viewings...but I had a blast seeing it in the theater and the ending was just pure gut busting.

the generic comedies these days all look exactly the same to me.

This movie absoutely sucked ass in my opinion. Very generic and predictable. This is the kind of comedy movie that big companies make because they think it was like Superbad type comedy. Not even close.

throw away jokes and overall predictable.

that being said, dumb-down humor appeases the masses so I'm sure it was a hit.

Hmm, I thought it was really funny--though admittedly I was high. I didn't mind the plot and character predictability, such as
NSFW:
that Doug was on the roof (if the director bothers to show something so mundane as a character propping a door open with a cinder block, and the characters aren't shown getting locked out, then it has some other narrative function)
, because there were also enough surprises, such as
NSFW:
the hooker wife giving the ring back, or um, a naked Asian man in the trunk kicking everyone's ass.
But mostly I liked it because it had lots of quirky and effective jokes. The plot was fairly dumbed down sure, but the delivery of the jokes, which came consistently and from all over, was great, and that's all I hoped for from seeing the reviews (which are pretty damned good for a comedy) and previews. I certainly didn't expect to learn anything about myself or gain new perspective on the world and art. I expected well-executed male-bonding escapade escapism while I was high, and it delivered, and that's how I'm judging it.

I thought it was funny. I don't expect too much from these comedies so I think I get what I expect.

NSFW:
considering it was the typical "hooker with the heart of gold" storyline it wasn't a surprise at all that the stripper gave the ring back :\... In another related topic, Heather Graham is still HOT! WTF? What is she? 50?

Wow I didn't realize comedy had to be so intellectual for the elite here. ;)

It's a Todd Phillips film...'nuff said. If you liked Old School...you'll probably like this.

I like to laugh at stupid things...this was a good film for that.

NSFW:
considering it was the typical "hooker with the heart of gold" storyline it wasn't a surprise at all that the stripper gave the ring back :\... In another related topic, Heather Graham is still HOT! WTF? What is she? 50?
Now that I think about it, I don't remember feeling surprised, but that might have just been because I wasn't paying attention at the time, I don't really know/remember! I do remember noises around the theater like "oh" that indicated it wasn't totally expected. I don't remember seeing anything that indicated she had a heart of gold or was trying to act like she did for an ulterior motive--I thought she was a pretty minor character, in any event, though the former depiction is, I guess, desirable for the predicted resolution of Ed Helm's "whipped" character. I always try to give examples or an illustration of what I'm referring to, otherwise no one really knows what I'm talking about or whether I'm bullshitting, and those audience reactions were the first thing that came up when I was trying to think of an example.

Yeah, she is still really hot. Those pics during the credits with those shorts especially.

Wow I didn't realize comedy had to be so intellectual for the elite here. ;)

It's a Todd Phillips film...'nuff said. If you liked Old School...you'll probably like this.

I like to laugh at stupid things...this was a good film for that.

I liked Old School, Dumb n Dumber, Airplane!, etc. Comedies like that.

This one, in my opinion, wasn't all that. Regardless of lack of teh smartz.

^ The terribleness of the plot was pretty distracting. But I still enjoyed it.

I still think Graham's character was the stereotypical 'hooker with the heart of gold' portrayal. It was really obvious to me.

airplane! (aka flying high) is brilliant. early zucker brothers (up until naked gun 33.3) and monty python pwns all comedy in film for me.

nothing has come close to that level of comedy in the cinema in a long time. most stuff these days you can tell from the ads they'll be the type to essentially need "applause" and "laugh" signs to flash at key moments.

most notable exceptions are south park BL&C and team america. these are the only two recent films to make me riotously laugh out loud until my face hurt.

i thought it was predictable, but still funny none the less.

the benzo+alcohol memory loss is an experience that i can sympathize with lol.

Reviews have said that it is the comedy of the summer. The bf and I drove a half hour (thats Iowa for you) last weekend to see it, just for them to tell us that it is sold out. We were so pissed. Get beer and drive home and watch Shawn of the Dead (good movie). Is it really worth going again to try to see it?

Reviews have said that it is the comedy of the summer. The bf and I drove a half hour (thats Iowa for you) last weekend to see it, just for them to tell us that it is sold out. We were so pissed. Get beer and drive home and watch Shawn of the Dead (good movie). Is it really worth going again to try to see it?

It was surprisingly good.

Mike Tyson has a great cameo, too.

And you get to see one of Heather Graham's tits.

Win-win!

It's a decent movie. Not amazing, but definitely not weak.

It's reminiscent of Old School in the way that 20 to 30-something year old guys are coming to terms with still wanting to party and having impending responsibilities.

I was reminded of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on occasion; it is about a drug & alcohol bender in Las Vegas. Though obviously not nearly as good. This one is more about "picking up the pieces".

Alan is a great character. He's like the Brick (Anchorman) of the group.

NSFW:
I didn't really like the Mike Tyson cameo. But I can understand how it added something to the plot. The outrageousness of the act that they'd broken into a major and possibly dangerous celebrity's house added to the craziness.

ya my girlfriend and I were pretty high when we saw it and the simple comedy and plot was exactly what I expected, perfect!

3 stars. Though I would like to have given it 3.5 stars, it certainly wasn't 4 star material. :)

Dear studios,

Please stop using Vegas as a hilarious weekend party destination for your films. It's been done to death, buried, dug up and had a wax figure made of its decomposing body . We know how close to LA it is and that you're just using it for cheap location work. Thanks.

Signed,

Even Vancouver is better.

Is it me or do a lot of the jokes in this movie come off as cheap "shock" humor? I don't really get into these types of comedies but I got roped into this one because a friend wanted to see it and the hype it was getting.

When was the taboo of full frontal male nudity broken? To me this is just another one of the cheap gimmicks that seems to have developed.

I don't know, I'm torn. I'm confused on how I can find quite a bit of stuff like Tim and Eric Awesome Show. Great Job! funny but not this.