View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Addict Uses Narcan To Save Young Boys Life

Tchort

Bluelight Crew
6/7/2009

Associated Press

MILTON, Wis. - Officials in a small town in southern Wisconsin are trying to address heroin use in their community after three eighth-grade boys overdosed on the drug last month.

Police officers in Milton, located about 35 miles southeast of Madison, spoke at a school assembly at the middle school last week to talk about heroin. Police Lt. John Conger says the assembly was an attempt to scare the students about the drug's dangers.

Conger says heroin has been linked to 11 deaths in 13 months in Rock County.

According to police, the incident last month happened after one of the boys allegedly stole powdered heroin from the mother of one of the other boys.

An adult heroin user who was near the park where the boys overdosed apparently saved one boy's life by injecting him with a drug that counteracts the heroin.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-heroinuse-milton,0,3343718.story

Simply amazing. What a feel-good story. What a resourceful junkie, keeping narcan on him and all. There is NO REASON not to hand out nasal narcan. I wonder if they found the adult...

amazing story, the addict deserves a lot more then a single line reference fucking dooschbags. This article should be being passed all over the place with vials of legal narcan as well.

The title of this news article is 'Southern Wisconsin Town Deals With Youth Heroin Problem' or something. 3 8th grade boys stole Heroin from one of the boys' mothers and used it, 2 died one was revived by a passer by addict with Narcan.

The focus of the story, if the media were responsible, should have been the good samaritan addict saves a young boys life, not the evil poor minority drug invades our white mans paradise and steals our pure white babies.

The emphasis could have shifted toward the growing number of local pilot programs giving out injectable and intranasal Naloxone (Narcan), and why their community doesn't have one (and why it should).

I mean, 11 deaths from Heroin in a year? I bet skateboard accidents kill more people. Lightning strikes. Lottery winning induced heart attacks.

Look at it his way, this lone addict and his act of charity stopped 9% of the Heroin deaths this year :)

This should have been two completely separate articles. The first one should have been about the kid's dumb bitch mom who couldnt hide her addictive drugs from her 12 year old and the other should have been about the "lower rung of society" who saved the kid after her dumb mistakes almost killed him.

What luck for that kid the smack user with narcan was around, too bad he didn't have enough for all 3. If information on safe heroin use and unadulterated heroin was available then these kids might not have killed themselves, hopefully the heroin using mother who can't keep her drugs away from kids will have to answer for this.

lol nice post tchort

too bad we're not handing out intranasal narcan, or the other two boys probably would have been saved by the good samaritan's free extra narcan supply

The other two kids really died? =( shitty... three youngsters just died a week ago from smack ODs by me in Niagara Falls..

+1 for Narcan in Pharmacies

I got a bottle of the stuff and aint afraid to use it either. You aint overdosing on my watch. Fucking A there are arent enough places to get the stuff. If I overdosed where they did in the country I wouldnt think there would be a bottle of narcan available within 100 miles.

Not trying to hijack this wonderful story about saving lives, but cant us suboxone patients make our own form of inranasal naloxone? The dose in a pill is pretty high compared to the vials they give out (.4mg/ml). Calling all suboxone patients to donate a pill, make a solution in a nasal spray bottle, carry it with you at all times. Even injected the bupe alone could possibly save lives without naloxone due to its affinity.

While I do beilive that is probaly what would happen robatussin, I would be scared to do it. I would be afraid of catching a fucking manslaughter charge for injecting someone with a drug while they where overdosed. Although, if it were my close friend, and he was turning blue, I might sing a different tune.

Thank God for that "junkie", his quick thinking, and his supply of Narcan.

I am horrified at how dang young these kids are, doing H. My youngest is fixing to be in seventh grade come August, and his biggest "addictions" are to his fishing pole and X-box. I know it's reality that kids seem to be experimenting at younger and younger ages, but it breaks my heart.

And, what a dumbass bitch that mom was to have kept her drugs where her kids could get at them.