Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Methadone Tablet Earns Prison Term

Tchort

Bluelight Crew
The Record Courier

6/2/2009

Methadone Tablet Earns Prison Term

A 50-year-old California man with 10 felony convictions was sentenced Monday to 2-1/2 years in prison for possession of a methadone tablet.

District Judge Michael Gibbons told Brett Jenkins with his record that includes multiple probation violations and failures to appear, he didn’t qualify for mandatory probation on the charge of possession of a controlled substance.

He was arrested March 21 after shoplifting items from a Roundhill grocery store. A theft charge was dropped in exchange for a guilty plea to the possession charge.

“His criminal history screams out for prison,” said prosecutor Erik Levin. “This is his 10th felony conviction. There is nothing about his history to tell this court that he has any chance to complete probation.”

Jenkins claimed he was ready to enter Sierra Recovery Center on his own, but here was no vacancy.

“I’ve asked for help and never got it,” he said. “I probably should have done it on my own.”

Gibbons said it was hard to believe Jenkins hadn’t been offered treatment.

“You know you shouldn’t have been drinking or using drugs,” he said.

He told Jenkins to apply for any drug programs in prison and request early release into treatment.

http://www.recordcourier.com/article/20090602/NEWS/906029986/1062&ParentProfile=1049

“You know you shouldn’t have been drinking or using drugs,” he said.

Just quit addict. Just stop taking opiates. Why won't you stop? This individual obv has no morals..

clearly the "you know you shouldnt" dude has no concept of what addiction is or what the word means.