• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Law Enforcement: This Weeks Corrupt Cop Stories

Tchort

Bluelight Crew
Another jail guard goes down, a California cop takes the bait, an NYPD officer gets slapped, a Massachusetts cop gets busted, a Massachusetts trooper cops a plea, and a Houston drug test watcher gets greedy. Just another week in the drug war. Let's get to it:

In Glendora, California, a former Glendora officer was arrested May 20 for allegedly stealing cash and methamphetamine last year during a sting operation. Former officer Timothy Radogna, 33, was charged with grand theft, drug possession for sales, and possession of drugs with a firearm. Glendora police conducted an "integrity investigation" against Radogna after receiving information he was failing to book drugs and cash into evidence. They left cash and meth in a bait car and asked him to book the evidence. He pocketed $1,000 and a small amount of meth. The three-year veteran was placed on leave after the sting last fall and fired in December. He faces up to nine years in prison.

In Houston, a Harris County drug test monitor was arrested May 21 for taking a $200 bribe to turn in a fraudulent drug test form. Community Supervision and Corrections Department employee Thomas Walker, 22, had worked for the county for only two months when he accepted money from an undercover district attorney's office investigator to report a clean urine sample when the investigator didn't provide one at all. He is charged with bribery and tampering with a government document. He has resigned after being told he would be fired. Walker faces up to 20 years in prison for bribery.

In Mashpee, Massachusetts, a former Mashpee police officer was arrested May 20 on drug charges after Barnstable Police executed a search warrant at his home. Former officer Joseph Kelley, who resigned from the force in February, is charged with one count of trafficking in opiate derivatives after police found 200 oxycodone tablets and various other pills and liquids. Police obtained a warrant for Kelley's home as part of an "ongoing OxyContin investigation," they said.

In New York City, an NYPD sergeant was acquitted May 21 of drug sales charges, but convicted of official misconduct. Sgt. Michael Arenella had been accused of supervising a rogue group of narcotics officers charged with stealing crack cocaine and cash from dealers and using it to pay informants. A state Supreme Court judge found him not guilty of sale and possession charges, but did convict him of official misconduct for falsifying police reports and for stealing $40 from undercover officers posing as drug dealers and giving it to an informant. With his conviction, he is automatically dismissed from the force. He faces up to one year in prison.

In Saugus, Massachusetts, a former Massachusetts state trooper pleaded guilty May 20 to cocaine conspiracy and distribution charges. Former trooper John Foley, 64, a 37-year veteran of the force, was arrested in December 2007 by FBI, DEA, and state and local officers for peddling cocaine in Saugus. He faces up to 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine when sentenced July 29.

In New York City, a former New York City corrections officer was sentenced May 20 to three years in prison for smuggling drugs into Rikers Island. Tamar Peebles, 27, had admitted to accepting $1,500 from an undercover investigator and picking up what she thought was heroin and marijuana for delivery to the prison. She pleaded guilty to one count of attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance and one count of receiving a bribe. Peebles was one of six city jail guards swept up in a 16-month sting operation that found guards willing to deliver contraband to inmates in return for cash. Cases for the other five are still pending.

Drug War Chronicle #587

5/29/2009

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/587/police_drug_corruption

All I can say is:

"Fuck, fuck, fuck the police"

Seriously, though, this shit makes me fucking sick.

I'm not saying I want to hug a cop or anything, because I don't, but surely some of them are sincere when they take that oath to serve and protect.

Take it from someone who lives in NYC, the NYPD Narcotics force is the most corrupt organization on the planet. Especially Brooklyn Narcotics.

The LAPD narcotics force has got to be, by far, the most corrupt organization I could possibly ever think of. I lived in Cali until I was 16 years old before moving down to Arizona. When I was only 12 years old I unintentionally got in the middle of police corruption. That was 14 years ago so I'm sure they are killed or in prison right now so I can tell you what happened:

I was at a friends house who had a threes older brothers and while there, two police officers in plain clothes came to the door and flashed their badges. I was down stairs in the bathroom snorting Dexedrine and, being very paranoid, hid in there with the door partially open. All three brothers and the two agents sat down and said "The usual or I'm busting you scum dealers" Money was slide down the table to the officers and right before leaving one of the cops tossed a brick of methamphetamine on the table they said "One key (kilo) from your friends down town, see you in two weeks". :\

They noticed me before leaving and then asked me about my background like name, phone number and address. They called the local Circle K gas station and then they called my house and told my parents that I was caught stealing at the Circle K but 'let me off with a warning if I paid the manager $250 with an apology' :X

I was so young I didn't understand what the hell was going on except money and drugs took place. Before leaving they told me that I saw nothing and if I did talk they would put me in prison for lying about the police force and after a warrant they'd find enough drugs to put the rest of my family away for 20 to life. 8o 8o

I never spoke a word to my or any of my friends about that day...
...maybe unknowingly that event was what led me to a life of crime involving drug dealing and addiction. Thanks cops

In Houston, a Harris County drug test monitor was arrested May 21 for taking a $200 bribe to turn in a fraudulent drug test form. Community Supervision and Corrections Department employee Thomas Walker, 22, had worked for the county for only two months when he accepted money from an undercover district attorney's office investigator to report a clean urine sample when the investigator didn't provide one at all. He is charged with bribery and tampering with a government document. He has resigned after being told he would be fired. Walker faces up to 20 years in prison for bribery.

I'd say this kid's gettin pretty fucked over. wtf ya know? New kid on the job tries to make a few extra bucks and cut someone a break- who probably had a great sob story about just smoking weed for pain or some shit like that.. and he's lookin at 20 years??? If they're not white with access to some kinda cash to buy their way out legally they'll probably get hit hard too. =\

i hated the drug test monitors! I would've been smiling ear to ear if that smug little fucker got thrown in jail back when i was on probation..

but it sux for that guy- u are 22, u have an entire career of handling piss all day everyday ahead of u and now ur facing 20 YEARS?!?! im sorry that belong on FML.com lol

wait a minute:
"A state Supreme Court judge found him not guilty of sale and possession charges, but did convict him of official misconduct for falsifying police reports and for stealing $40 from undercover officers posing as drug dealers and giving it to an informant. With his conviction, he is automatically dismissed from the force. He faces up to one year in prison."

^^^let me get this straight (and correct me if i'm wrong) BUT basically we paid a cop to pay an informant, to pay another cop? Is this what our tax dollars are going to? I mean maybe I'm reading something wrong but this seems absolutely fucking stupid.

oh wait, we paid a cop to steal from a undercover cop to pay an informant. never mind that makes perfect sense.

8)

Glendora cops are by far some of the worst when you take into consideration that nothing. but drugs happens in glendora

While I've not heard of that degree of corruption in UK police forces, I have no doubt that there are a fair few corrupt police in the job as I've heard from friends who've been arrested that when it comes to their court appearance, what they get charged with is a lot less than they had taken from them.

Anybody in a position of trust, that abuses it, deserves punishment beyond the average citizen, so corrupt police, paedophile teachers etc derserve to be locked up and have the key thrown away

Tax money well spent. Glad I'm working my balls off for peanuts and 30% of it goes to this shit.

All of this really sickens me as a public servant. I serve in New York as an Emergency Medical Technician, and I see this kinda stuff all the time :(

TMH

Woah everyone!

The cops imprisoned people for doing the same things they arrested people for and that is horrible and hypocritical.

But we all like to use drugs, we are human.

Drugs should be legal so that drug-dealing cops don't exist IMHO.

Harm reduction through education and the removal of the stigmas associated with formerly illegal drugs--the world would be such a better place. :)

Take it from someone who lives in NYC, the NYPD Narcotics force is the most corrupt organization on the planet. Especially Brooklyn Narcotics.

Most corrupt in the US maybe...but not in the world. The opposition party here was having a protest and asked everyone to wear black on a certain day, flash mob style. On that day, people got arrested for wearing black.

Elwood Indiana are the worst, right up there with the Indianapolis police who are on trial now for the same corrupt shit.Why don't they legalise it and collect the tax legally?

I can add the cops from my hometown to the list - they murdered a guy I grew up with. Straight up murdered. And they didn't do it a nice way. He suffocated to death, hands bound, in the back of a cop car. The police paid a low-six-figures settlement to the family, and the two cops still have their jobs. Sick.

The only reason I have any hope is because my grandfather was an officer, extremely high ranking for a long time, and two of my friends just became cops. I'm still a major skeptic.